Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Its not fair but, I would hope free to play gets cutted out, Removed ..

Wow. That is ridiculous.

I can understand having capes of achievement, but many of them are in P2P areas-Fishing guild, Warrior's Guild, Rangers' Guild...etc.

Although a few new things wouldn't be bad, such as halberds.

And Jema...I started out P2P... :anxious:

You just happen to be an exception. The other 99.9% of players start out as non-member.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Why can't F2P have voting rights?

I was incredibly disgusted when I saw that that the holiday item poll was P2P only. Holiday "quests" are basically the only updates around for F2P, except for Make-over updates, like the cows, the imps, or Varrock. Now, I find out I can vote for the Holiday items I want! No more dressing up like a 2 year old at Halloween! Wrong! It had to be P2P!

And, I support another ad banner for F2P!

E_D_G_E_1039, make it a suggestion!

While I somewhat agree with you, Jagex had a good reason for making the polls members only. If left open for everyone to participate, especially with polls that actually effect the game, some people would create multiple accounts just to vote for their choices multiple times.

I thought of it for a second, but they can block IP's from voting more than once. I think Jagex has much more cash to invest into that than Tip.It, yet for our polls, it works perfectly.

Then again, I don't think you have to log in to vote on Tip.it. Why do you need to log in for the official polls :?:

What about situations where more than one player shares a computer? Is it fair that I would get to vote and my boyfriend wouldn't simply because I saw the new poll first?

This is where I'm stuck too.

Sorry for the double-post :oops:

It'd probably be fair to say that only account that are at least so old can vote. Why should a P2P who is a month old be able to vote, when a F2P player who is three years old can't? And it would prevent people from making new accounts in order to vote.

In fact, here's a better idea. What if only account that were a certain length of time old, and have been active in the last, say, week, be able to vote? So that people cannot make spare accounts, and just use them when a poll comes out later.

Why can't F2P have voting rights?

I was incredibly disgusted when I saw that that the holiday item poll was P2P only. Holiday "quests" are basically the only updates around for F2P, except for Make-over updates, like the cows, the imps, or Varrock. Now, I find out I can vote for the Holiday items I want! No more dressing up like a 2 year old at Halloween! Wrong! It had to be P2P!

And, I support another ad banner for F2P!

E_D_G_E_1039, make it a suggestion!

While I somewhat agree with you, Jagex had a good reason for making the polls members only. If left open for everyone to participate, especially with polls that actually effect the game, some people would create multiple accounts just to vote for their choices multiple times.

I thought of it for a second, but they can block IP's from voting more than once. I think Jagex has much more cash to invest into that than Tip.It, yet for our polls, it works perfectly.

Then again, I don't think you have to log in to vote on Tip.it. Why do you need to log in for the official polls :?:

What about situations where more than one player shares a computer? Is it fair that I would get to vote and my boyfriend wouldn't simply because I saw the new poll first?

This is where I'm stuck too.

Sorry for the double-post :oops:

It'd probably be fair to say that only account that are at least so old can vote. Why should a P2P who is a month old be able to vote, when a F2P player who is three years old can't? And it would prevent people from making new accounts in order to vote.

In fact, here's a better idea. What if only account that were a certain length of time old, and have been active in the last, say, week, be able to vote? So that people cannot make spare accounts, and just use them when a poll comes out later.

Good idea!

Ananke32.png

I can understand having capes of achievement, but many of them are in P2P areas-Fishing guild, Warrior's Guild, Rangers' Guild...etc.

Although a few new things wouldn't be bad, such as halberds.

And Jema...I started out P2P... :anxious:

Wow you right when you created an account you signed up for Members? That's Crazy, I waited almost 2 years before i went p2p on one of my accounts.

Like a lot of people said, Capes Of Achievements would be a great addition to F2P. I was kind of..well..angry at Jagex when they released it and it was only P2P. Just to show how desperate they are for money.

And for people who say that F2P'ers DON'T pay..

What's the little picture above the Rs screen on every f2p account?

That's right..AN AD. Ads = Money to the owner(s) of the site(s) they're hosted on. Everyone pays, everyone Should win.

Dart.jpg

Like a lot of people said, Capes Of Achievements would be a great addition to F2P. I was kind of..well..angry at Jagex when they released it and it was only P2P. Just to show how desperate they are for money.

And for people who say that F2P'ers DON'T pay..

What's the little picture above the Rs screen on every f2p account?

That's right..AN AD. Ads = Money to the owner(s) of the site(s) they're hosted on. Everyone pays, everyone Should win.

So you're the one who signed a deal with Jagex so that they would put your ads on their game? No, of course you're not, therefore you are not the one paying, so shut up.

And anyway, the money from ads is used to keep f2p running, so if you were actually the ones paying for those ads you would actually be getting something from Jagex, which is f2p. Members money is the actual money that goes into Jagex's payroll.

happysigbp0.jpg

i think more bank space is needed for F2P players since i do every F2P skill instead of ranging(which is a expensive skill, seeing that we can't make arrows) and i am really stugging for space because of all the equipment it takes, (swords, clothes, runes, staffs, fishing equipment etc etc) i even had to get rid of half my fishing equipment cos i didn't have enough room and i don't have enough room to make pizzas(putting tomatos and cheese in bank so i can make more) and i don't keep junk. so we need at least 10 spaces more in our bank.

Now i know that excuse that we don't pay and i say i totally argee with it since their is more stuff on members to keep runescape going. but some people like me, are either not able or not allowed to become members even if we really want too. since some of us can't afford it because of debt or low income or something or for me because my mum doesn't allow me even with heavy begging etc. so what jetex needs to give us is a couple more skills, a bit more lands and finally a couple of quests so it gives us a little bit more but not as much as members so people won't stop paying, i think that's fair for us.

please don't moan at me for saying all that plz thanks

Any time you wanna chat, just add me, looking for clan to join but must be able to protect me going to black knight's castle for choas runes in lvl 15 wildy

All we f2p really need is just more bank space. No more land, no more quests, no more skills. The f2p world is big, we got alot of quests, even though they are all completed before level 50, we have alot of skills, so all we ask for is just some more bank slots. 5 is enough, 10 is generous.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

All we f2p really need is just more bank space. No more land, no more quests, no more skills. The f2p world is big, we got alot of quests, even though they are all completed before level 50, we have alot of skills, so all we ask for is just some more bank slots. 5 is enough, 10 is generous.

This is what I'm talking about. You guys deserve some bank space, maybe 3-4 spaces would be better but nothing else. You want more stuff, like more skills, more quests, more places to go and stuff to do in general, get members but I don't think that giving you free to play people a little bit of extra bankspace would hurt.

To those who may call me a jerk because I have members, I have a 2nd account that I created to help keep my ego in check. I wish to keep my roots because I have come a long way from f2p.

Currently Going for...

99 firemaking

Current Progress-76/99

not bragging or anything as being a member, not trying to a smart aleck, but the reason the f2p does not get member items because f2p does not pay for the game, they play for free. If Jagex gives member stuff to f2p, all members would quit and become f2p, which means no more money for Jagex. And if you say "well we only want part of the stuff!" Well then players will feel Jagex has giving up on not making f2p updates, which means more f2p will be begging for more stuff and more stuff. And another thing, you have to be member to get skillcapes, you dont have to be member to use it's emote

i agree why would they give members items to f2p?! I am paying to have those items! But i wouldn't quit and become f2p for a skill cape or halberd cause i wouldn't have castle wars or duel arena and all the other members outfits and stuff!

Createyourownbanneratmybannermakerc.jpg

Some things I would like to see in f2p (even though im p2p)

Teleblock and Snare. Bind is just useless!

More bank space. imagine if your a long time player and you've gathered up all the holiday items... you would hardly have any room!

Capes of achievment. Why not? people in f2p can get 99 too.

veng/barrage - torso/hat - b gloves

dh64ot2.png

Some things I would like to see in f2p (even though im p2p)

Teleblock and Snare. Bind is just useless!

Snare for sure, but Teleblock maybe not... I wouldn't complain if it was added, but I don't really think it is needed.

Other than that, I can't see anything I would disagree with.

gimme wilderness capes

I'm P2P myself but I pk a lot with my clan in F2P.

bank space too, have been F2P for 2 years and bank space is a huge problem.

bind would be nice too, but no capes of achievement, soz

~Mask~

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

Erm, even though i am P2p, i'd like to see Capes of Achievement in F2p.

Erm, one question, most of the people who post here will be F2p, so why the link to the forum they cannot post on?

That is also only thing I really want to see made f2p, capes of achievements.

Id only support that if the F2P could only have non-trimmed ones:

Trimmed Skillcape- P2P

Normal Skillcape- F2P

I think its a good system... :D

Pasty.png

Erm, one question, most of the people who post here will be F2p, so why the link to the forum they cannot post on?

That is also only thing I really want to see made f2p, capes of achievements.

Id only support that if the F2P could only have non-trimmed ones:

Trimmed Skillcape- P2P

Normal Skillcape- F2P

I think its a good system... :D

It is a "good system" since all most people really want is the emote, anyway. Us F2Pers would settle for untrimmed only, I think.

this is something i totally agree with .... posting in rs forum would be great for f2p as they can say their opinions,sell things....

i also would like as a f2p to be able to cast more spells like the waves spells and to snare and entangle

Agrd! Even if F2p is free mages should still get the chance to try out those sweet spells that P2p's can use(except ancient magiks, etc.)But spells like Entangle and Teleblock would make a huge impact on F2p pking as well as all mages(which is a lot).

More bankspace would be nice for f2p, and skill capes, I guess.

Did'nt you get that two months ago? :-w

Must've missed it. Was being awed by the LEGIONS of macros on a single FREAKING YEW at the time <.< "This is ColonialMarine, calling in an airstrike on my position. EVAC? I don't need no stinkin' EVAC, gonna sit here and watch these #$%$^& burrrrn." And by the gold seller spam bots, and the noobish spam -.- Need I go on? No? Didn't think so.

Buuut yeah, I support recovery of lost random event clothes at Diango for both F2P and P2P, maybe some more bankspace (maybe), though the previous one will help. I also support wilderness capes (even ugly ones) for f2p, and maybe, at least! The ability to use the skill cape emote without having it on for F2P. Don't wanna give us the pretty for-gods-only ( <.< ) cape? Fine, give us the emote. We deserve AT LEAST *that* for trudging trough F2P's god-awful slow training.

Since I'm joining the ranks of the gods on Mount Olympus spitting on the heads of us F2P "peasents" ( <.< ), I won't have to worry bout these problems no more. But still, give them a break...

I'll be one of the few gods NOT spitting, I'll be among the few cheering you ooooon bruthas and sistas. Keep faith, and you'll be here at my side one day :D

Bitter much? Yes, very, tyv freaking m for asking -.- *Mod X: Keep this topic friendly k? :wink: Or take it to the rants forum. Thank you.* And yeah yeah mods, I'll keep it down -.-

What can I say? I adore Battlestar Galactica, one of the few shows where human-build ships OWN!

siggymv6.png

untitled6kv7.gif

F2P shouldn't get anything other than what they already have. If you want extra items/bank space/areas/quests etc its simple--pay for members! Its what 1 million other people do. Letting F2P onto the forums would be a complete disaster as there would be so many posts. Even giving them acheivement capes wouldn't be a good idea as the number of autoers would increase.

Its very simple. If you want additions to the game PAY. Stop moaning about what F2P needs. Jagex aint gonna concentrate on updating something thats not going to make them any money.

I know people are going to object so let me have it...

axe468.png

Even giving them acheivement capes wouldn't be a good idea as the number of autoers would increase.
Giving f2p achievement capes would not affect autoers in any way.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85