Primal - Whats the point?

Wkw

Logdot...how do you have access to the high level forums?

I'll still laugh at you but I won't really care

I'm curious as to why.

b/c ur doing something that's really boring imo, and youre being really inefficient in the process

the only times where i choose to be inefficient is if it makes my life easier or if it's actually entertaining to me (like pvp or dung, neither of which support my long term goals). idk how anyone basically picking flax (which farming in dung basically is) or cutting trees is entertained, lol... you just sit there and watch your character do stuff. versus pvm or pvp where you actually play a very active role in doing things and killing stuff. obviously skilling inside dung is different than skilling outside - cause u can skill outside to get xp but for skilling in a dung you get no benefit other than a (theoretically) easier floor. idk maybe you do it during dungs for the small bits of xp but it sounds like you arent.

logdot has HLF friends afaik

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the end result is entertaining (wearing a set of armor that makes killing the boss easier)

The cutting branches is just my friend btw, he does it mainly for the random XP out of it, then the branches are just there to use if we end up needing them (basically only if we get necrolord, but yea..)

I still don't see why me doing something that you find boring would cause you laugh at me.

I'm training mining right now at the living rock caverns, I'm banking the ore.

LAUGH AT ME!!! :blink:

obviously skilling inside dung is different than skilling outside - cause u can skill outside to get xp but for skilling in a dung you get no benefit other than a (theoretically) easier floor.

You do get xp when you skill btw...you get xp for the skill it involves. In fact...the xp you get from fishing/woodcutting/mining is much better xp then doing it outside of damonhiem.....if the resources re spawned/didn't run out

It isn't efficient for just dung xp, but if you could endlessly chop at a few gravecreepers down there, that would be very fast xp.

Obviously that isn't how it works though, resources run out very fast, and at the rate dungeoneering xp goes, it's more efficient to finish the dungeon faster to get that xp instead of some fishing or wc xp.

Anyways, this has really gone off topic...so I think it's best we stop. We have completely different dungeoneering styles. I accept yours and understand it's more efficient..... you laugh at mine and treat me like an idiot for it....how nice of you..... but overall it has no effect, and never will, on how I do it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

the end result is entertaining (wearing a set of armor that makes killing the boss easier)

The cutting branches is just my friend btw, he does it mainly for the random XP out of it, then the branches are just there to use if we end up needing them (basically only if we get necrolord, but yea..)

I still don't see why me doing something that you find boring would cause you laugh at me.

I'm training mining right now at the living rock caverns, I'm banking the ore.

LAUGH AT ME!!! :blink:

thats different cause youre supposedly doing it for a goal (leveling mining), and if youre not idk why youre at lrc lol.

lol when people have odd tastes and preferences i just see them as silly. i just see like... no inherent entertainment value. why not make a set of melee armor? like of all things, why would you farm -__-. if you think mage armor looks cool just make it your avatar and then you can look at it all the time

like i said, im not yelling at you for being inefficent b/c you choose to do so out of taste and not ignorance. i'm just telling you straight up that i find your tastes absurd. if you saw someone wearing underwear on their head wouldnt you chuckle inside?

also, i already addressed what you edited (about skilling xp). its a legitimate reason if ur team is fine with it.

i find it weird because mage armor is basically useless against bosses... if the boss is already weak to mage it's faster to just go in and start maging rather than spend the time and make armor. so if youre in it for the speed, the armor is pointless. in other words, if you like the feeling of doing a boss "fully prepared", you are actually making it harder for yourself (you spend time away from your team, you could have made other things that actually help you prepare better like mage pots, etc.). you should have more of this "preparedness" feeling had you been making pots or making extra runes or vengs. so the only entertainment value i'd reasonably see is if you like the looks graphically or something. otherwise, your preferences are kinda misguided and, like i said, odd. not wrong per se b/c they're ultimately opinions, but just weird.

lol i have a hard time believing that if all of you fully skill you can get sub 35 dungs. skilling is the #1 reason for disorder in a team... anyway, sure, whatever, as long as you arent making useless items at a higher priority than useful items then whatever. again - it's weird to me that you think that youre doing something to "feel productive" and totally be conscious that it really isn't.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I do make melee armor, what's wrong with making two sets of armor (don't actually reply, it's rhetorical...I edited more in when you were posting above)

Edit: We make potions too....and empowered fire staffs (no one can make catalytic) I'm not making it harder on myself, just longer on myself. Someone crafts the armor, someone makes the potions, someone makes the runes/staffs for everyone who needs em.

Who said anything about sub 35? Also...there's 5 people in a team...we don't just stand there watching one person do all the skill, we each do a small part, I usually make the runes/staffs if we plan to mage the boss. You seemed to have missed a part of my last edit, so I'll bold it for you.

I also never said I was doing it to feel productive, simply entertained

You seem awfully heated over my preference, especially since you don't care about it. I'm honestly done now with this. You keep telling me you "understand" it's a preference of mine, but it honestly doesn't seem like you do when you continue to post about efficiency and how I'm doing something about it wrong. You're not going to change how I dung, I already know I don't dung efficiently, you can stop telling me I'm not. I'm not trying to tell you how to dung, so please...get off my back about it. If it continues, I'll simply ask a mod to delete our posts about it.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I'm not looking for credit, I'm just trying to inform. Some people here seem to think I got out of my way to try and make s*** up. Not the case.

OT I guess what would be a good 5th bind, assuming there were 5? More defense?

Guess this would be a good time to bring this back up that I posted on the screenshots topic:

MOTM5.png

If these are official Jagex accounts then it means that MOTM5 should be out soon-ish and the dungeoneering requirement was bumped up to 65 according to a mod, which someone else posted.

Like I said, as long as you realize fully that what ur doing is suboptimal, whatever, I'll still laugh at you but I won't really care. Just don't encourage others to do the same. It sounds like you aren't, so fine

He doesn't have to I will.

I'll start now.

Wannabe a be able to not defend yourself, pray all the time, and cower in the corner from lvl 128 butterflies while waiting for that one magically no-lifer to call "ggs gd"?

Do 20 minute dungeons like a "pro".

Wanna make sure you never put your skills to good use, never show off your mastery of the game, always play at the same level as a lvl 60 pure?

Do 20 minute dungeons like a "pro".

Cook your fish but never cut wood, just single out a noob in your group and make fun of him while he has to do it then blacklist him because HE IS SLOW!

Finally, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NEVER MAKE ARMOUR IT'S NOOB.

P.S. When you see dungeon sweeper in your team, kick him, because he will make you look like you have no idea what you are doing.

logdot has HLF friends afaik

Doesn't matter, it's not there.

Care to make something else up? Maybe some xp rates?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Just ignore it and it has no power!

To consider 4/5 binds, here would be my rough order

Hood

2h

Hex

Platebody

Blood Necklace

Platelegs

Of course, you have to be patient to get the hex/necklace, so I'll just be going down the list ;)

Other possibilities being offensive gear above platelegs

2496 Completionist

golvellius is like medusa if you look at him too long youre too stunned to do anything

btw are you bill o reilly irl

grimy and i were talking about how good catalytic staff would be. i think i'd do it as my 4th bind.

sigcopyaf.png

Blood neck > legs imo, you're already dropping accuracy on the 2h with both a ranged body and hood, legs would drop accuracy on the bow, as well as having enough defence anyway.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

With 2h, hood, and hex, I would probably go for platebody + necklace over anything else

On the proper targets, hex is already accurate enough through a platebody (especially with necklace) if you can't take the plate off. Sag Body + Legs is overkill on defence and lowers accuracy. Sag body + necklace is a pretty good setup, but you have minimal range/melee defence (which won't matter every floor, but some you will feel it) and you don't get the necklace's full accuracy bonus.

Catalytic staff would be an interesting idea. I might bind that until I find a necklace or hex because I don't really want to bind legs.

2496 Completionist

just got a blood neck today. i'm liking it a lot - i seriously question plate > neck

sigcopyaf.png

just got a blood neck today. i'm liking it a lot - i seriously question plate > neck

Plate is probably better for the keyer, but I can't see why everyone else wouldn't like it better then plate.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Plate is probably better for the keyer, but I can't see why everyone else wouldn't like it better then plate.

yeah I key all our floors now, so he's better off with neck.

also with new bind slot coming soon, neck's an even sweeter choice.

Naaxi.png

Necklace is better in a theoretical sense but the platebody is so practical that it's no wonder people prefer it.

It's hard to visually tell the difference between hits with and without the necklace's offensive stats, while you can definitely see the difference in food saved and ease of movement with a platebody. Death has such a negative influence on our gear choices that it's hard to choose a small offensive bonus over sizeable protective measures, even if reason tells us that it's better, even if we know that we'll be getting small healing boosts from the necklace which the plate doesn't provide.

Plus, if you sometimes key, don't kid yourself - you're going to want some sort of guaranteed armour.

2496 Completionist

for keying plate is the obv choice but i rarely dung outside of my perm team anymore so im pretty much a pure dps role. when you spend a lot of time in huge monster piles i think neck actually ends up being comparable (but still very clearly worse) than plate in terms of survivability for a dps oriented person

sigcopyaf.png