Extremes in New Wildy

Pay_Me

203 members have voted

1. 1. Which Best describes your feelings?

• Allow Extremes in Wildy, there's no reason not to
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I can't use them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I'm afraid of them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, "you can't see them"
    • Other, Please explain

I love how you make 3 different entries for your unprefered option as to dilute the results...

Extremes shouldn't be allowed, herblore isn't a combat skill.

/thread

Items resulting from quests shouldn't be allowed, quests require non-combat skills.

Potions shouldn't be allowed, herblore isn't a combat skill.

Food shouldn't be allowed, cooking and fishing aren't combat skills.

Geez, sure is good argument in here.

Yes because items got from quests require combat skills to wield.

Food can be bought so is equal for all, along with the tradeable potions.

That doesn't explain the dungeoneering argument, however.

Dungeoneering doesn't raise combat.

I'm on the fence, i don't mind either way, it'll make the powerful weapons a lot more powerful though. People are already complaining about Korasi Sword and D claw rushing, good luck if overloads are introduced.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They shoud be allowed. Because you can't see if they have overloads or extremes is not a valid arguement. Someone could have Dclaws,AGS,DDS,ect in their inventory and switch and special you before you can pray switch,eat,ect. Not to mention if they train the skill its not fair to put limitations on it. So honestly i've heard no real valid excuse.

Not to mention with chaotic how can you tell if they have the dung lvl to use them you can't

Items are RISKED, did you even read this thread? Or skim the first two posts and answer?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Items are RISKED, did you even read this thread? Or skim the first two posts and answer?

Weapons and armor are risked because that's their nature. You can't compare risking pots with risking weapons because they have different purposes.

Yes you can, they have exactly the same purpose, to make killing faster and not dyeing easier.

As to your previous point about food being buy able the same as herblore just more expensive. The prices mean that one, is accessible to the vast majority of players meaning that nobody has an over the top advantage over another. With untradeable herblore potions, they give an advantage that only a tiny minority can use and will then become hugely overpowered compared to those who can't make them. Players shouldn't be forced to spend millions just so they can play an integral part of the game which people have been campaigning to bring back for years.

As your other point, they also, most crucially require the combat level to use. Combat level isn't about people having an item at x level, it's about the ability to have it. That ties in to Jagex's statement about things being visible. You can complete the quests with the non combat skills but be below the combat level and others would know you still don't have the item.

Auror: the thing with dungeoneering weapons is that they need both a combat requirement and the risk.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think extremes should be allowed in the wildy for reasons of intuition.

If a new gamer joins RS, his initial thought won't be (oh extremes can't be used in the wildy)

If he somehow manages to get to 99 herblore, and drinks an extreme in the wildy, he'll probably wonder why it isnt boosting him as much)

(which begs the question of what happens if u drink an extreme outside the wildy THEN step inside)

anyways it's just an inelegant solution to a problem.

I think extreme potions should just be available to everybody, not just those with high herblore.

Of course I still like the idea of there being a benefit to 99 herblore.

I could imagine say a potion shop that sells extremes (still untradeable between players)

And it would just have a very low daily stock, (maybe doesn't even sell certain extreme pots like super prayer and super antifire)

and be very expensive (expensive enough that making the potions yourself from scratch is cheaper)

that way you wouldn't have enough stock to say, train slayer with the potions all day long.

And you'd still have the benefit of saving money and earning xp for making the potions yourself.

of course any other solution that makes extreme potions publicly available but retains a nontrivial benefit(that is not combat related) for high herbalists is fine by me.

Naaxi.png

(which begs the question of what happens if u drink an extreme outside the wildy THEN step inside)

When you drink extremes with the new wilderness, they will simply act like their super versions. If you drink then enter, your stats will be reduced to super level.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

When you drink extremes with the new wilderness, they will simply act like their super versions. If you drink then enter, your stats will be reduced to super level.

It' not been confirmed that drinking them in the wild will even work, it's only been confirmed that your boost will drop to super level when entering. Though Mod Scorpion said he would run the idea of drinking them = supers by the Dev team

I voted option 3 because that would be most advantageous for me. Objectively, though Extremes should obviously be allowed as they are a fine reward for buying the skill which is otherwise expensive and offers quite little in the higher levels. If people complain, they can join clans or team up with friends to PK because in these cases the advantage of the 1 person with 99 Herblore is mitigated. I'm just hoping that Jagex won't give in to the whiny masses who can't take the slightest challenge like they have done several times before.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.