Quests...hate them

ccesssu

Ugh...how do you guys do them? I'm trying to meet the reqs for king's ransom (on shilo village right now) and these quests just are so boring...

I check other people who are my level and they have so many more quests done...I have 100 qp right now.

How do you force yourself to do them? Just one huge questing period, or do them slowly, like one a day?

I actually really enjoy quests, although when I do end up going for a quest I usually end up reworking the Tip.It guide that goes with it to include maps where necessary and generally more pictures, particularly for the really old quests that haven't been changed in years.

I do them very slowly, once every few months or so. I don't usually work to get certain requirements because I like to train a little bit of everything. I just kinda let it happen and do what I feel up to. I do them when I feel like it, obviously that part is different for everyone.

Cowman

1.png
generic_signature.png

I like doing quests :P They're fun and some of them provide a pretty interesting backstory. However, others make absolutely no sense :(

I spent most of my first week questing when I got members. However, that got boring so I decided to train some random skills.

Maybe the opposite will work for you - after a couple of hours of wc/rc/etc something that's super trivial and menial - you can do a quest which will be a refreshing change.

capt%20kevin.png

People do them because they like them, if they don't like them, they'll most likely do them gradually over time.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Some I've enjoyed, others I've loathed. Things I've done to make them more enjoyable/tolerable is buy everything you need for the quest beforehand. Read a good guide the whole way through and then just breeze through it. Nomads req is the only one i had trouble finishing and even that was easy.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Mmhmm...another good way to complete quests is by finding a cc that specializes in questing. Generally, how the cc will work is they'll have 5-6 'leaders' at the ge, with everyone else doing quests. Then, say if you needed something for a quest like 'full black armor', one of the leaders would buy it for you, and you'd simply meet them at the closest available bank. Oh, and generally, it costs 3-7k per item, which is why I only reccomend using those cc's for tough ones. W100 is also the 'group questing' world, should you want to quest with other people...

div>

I actually enjoy some of the stories, while the older ones definitely do feel dated I enjoy changing the world around me and gaining a deeper appreciation for the lore and atmosphere of each area

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I hate doing quests too, but as said already being super prepared with items and having read a guide makes them alot less painful. If that doesn't work just think of the reward at the end and how awesome having piety from Kings ransom or Barrows gloves from RFD is going to be.

Good luck!

user1-dark.png

most quests are really dumb

some are pretty fun though. my favorites were while guthix sleeps and sheep herder.

if you want the rewards you just gotta suck it up and do them. try doing like one quest, then level up a skill once, then do another quest.

Do all quests. That way you only have to do quests again when they come out, and that's pretty slow.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I got my quest cape last week. At first I hated quest, but after doing a couple of them I got into questing. To me, all quest except those that you have to do some kind of puzzle are fun. I started with doing all novice, then indermediate, then master and lastly grand master. Do all quests, it's definitely worth it imo.

If your hating doing quests try this; check a guide and get all the items needed and reccomended but don't actually read the guide, then do the quest and try and complete yourself without any help. Doing it this way gets you more involved in the storyline and is far more rewarding. However you may have trouble when you get to quests such as mournings end part 2 which are almost impossible without a guide.

I really enjoyed doing quests, I have a quest cape sitting in my bank but Nomad is standing in my way. I have never really followed any of the story lines with any great depth but I just enjoy having having instructions in a game which in RuneScape is not easy to get. If your really not enjoying them, Tip it probably has the best guides around for every quest.

I usually pick out a certain quest that I would like to accomplish (usually because of the rewards) and then do the quests that are required for it. Also picking a certain quest line and doing all the quests in that line seems to be a good idea. Even if it means grinding one quest a day, you will slowly start crossing them off the list and next thing you know you'll have most of them done.

aiel.png