Dungeoneering's Impact on the Community at Large

Low C

They don't have to die.

If you play your cards right they don't always die either ;)

About 1 in 20 larges I sui, I get survivor.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a sort of Nash equilibrium in dungeoneering. From Wikipedia:

In game theory, Nash equilibrium (named after John Forbes Nash, who proposed it) is a solution concept of a game involving two or more players, in which each player is assumed to know the equilibrium strategies of the other players, and no player has anything to gain by changing only his own strategy unilaterally. If each player has chosen a strategy and no player can benefit by changing his or her strategy while the other players keep theirs unchanged, then the current set of strategy choices and the corresponding payoffs constitute a Nash equilibrium.

Just think, 15 years ago, before the internet gurus were born we called that a stalemate.

But, hey thanks to an ego trip by somebody who takes 100 words to say one, we got this.

Also, we all know that somebody has to die in dungeoneering and it can't be you.

So you call them a keyer.

You glorify them, tell them they are special, but in the end they get less xp than you because it's their job to go in first and DIE.

Let's face it we all know how dungeoneering is really played. *Wink* *Wink*

FIX IT JAGEX!

It is kind of sad that the more a person contributes to a dungeon, the more likely they are to get "most deaths" at the end.

If everyone contributes the likelihood of people dying decreases.

This may not be the place to do it, but from what people were saying earlier. I'd love to be taught how to dg properly. I don't see it taking long, and I would appreciate it crazy amounts, since I've been soloing a lot, I'm 65 DG and I have a hood already too. Can anyone willing to help me either say here or add me ingame? Auburnfury Thanks!

auburnfury.png

This may not be the place to do it, but from what people were saying earlier. I'd love to be taught how to dg properly. I don't see it taking long, and I would appreciate it crazy amounts, since I've been soloing a lot, I'm 65 DG and I have a hood already too. Can anyone willing to help me either say here or add me ingame? Auburnfury Thanks!

You can apply for DGS here, you can generally apply for other dungeoneering clans by joining their clan chats (look them up on the dungeoneering clan highscores).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You can apply for DGS here, you can generally apply for other dungeoneering clans by joining their clan chats (look them up on the dungeoneering clan highscores).

I don't think he meets the requirements.

Recruit rank requirements:

- All recruits must have read the guidelines.

- Recruits must have the correct ring tiers and binds.

- Recruits must know absolute dungeoneering basics (buying a toolkit, making laws/cosmics/astrals, etc).

- Recruits must know basic DPS/room-clearing strategy (crushing skeletons, maging warriors).

- Recruits must know and utilize sidestepping and trample mechanics.

- Recruits must know basic terms (ggs gd, gtgd, ht, gtb, gk ____, etc).

- Recruits must be able to gate doors, run paths, and use the map.

- Recruits must know how to do every dungeoneering puzzle.

- Recruits must show initiative.

- you must have 70 RC before submitting an application.

^There's a difference between recruit rank and guest rank.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't think he meets the requirements.

Recruit rank requirements:

- All recruits must have read the guidelines.

- Recruits must have the correct ring tiers and binds.

- Recruits must know absolute dungeoneering basics (buying a toolkit, making laws/cosmics/astrals, etc).

- Recruits must know basic DPS/room-clearing strategy (crushing skeletons, maging warriors).

- Recruits must know and utilize sidestepping and trample mechanics.

- Recruits must know basic terms (ggs gd, gtgd, ht, gtb, gk ____, etc).

- Recruits must be able to gate doors, run paths, and use the map.

- Recruits must know how to do every dungeoneering puzzle.

- Recruits must show initiative.

- you must have 70 RC before submitting an application.

In addition to what Quyneax said, these are our requirements for our 2-stripe rank. While I love the free advertising, Losing Games, perhaps you should leave DGS business to DGS members.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Hm.

I did Dungeoneering about a year ago with a couple bros from 4chan. It was okay, although I much would rather dueling in Al-Kharid. Hearing the term "modern dungeoneering," I'm assuming it changed recently? And if so, is there a list of those changes somewhere?

Leech floors ARE very popular now. Not very sure about the 10-12 minute thing because that's what I average in f2p, and usually only 3/4 of the dungeon is opened...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The standard for average large floors have been changed from 15-20 minutes to 10-12 minutes.

Also leech floors are much more popular.

Not sure if srs

6wZ9.png

fastest ever 2 d8

Very serious

S2buxtG.png

It's more of the idea to aim for that time. Everyone has just gotten better and so have the goals. While I don't agree 10-12 are "standard" they are definately more common.

S2buxtG.png

Even hero teams don't average 10 minutes. I've done flrs with hammy and nic and the average for 5 man sui abas isn't even as low as 12 mins.

Did 3 hours of dg w/ bu11 nic farty and eagle today, slowest floor 12 min 40 secs , 7 maps under 11 mins, all warped

hero team is 11-12 min average ( 11 aba 12 occ/warped)

if you get over 12 min aba w/ nic and hammy UNLESS theres a [cabbage] ton of bs rooms like mono/ramo/barrels you should ask yourself why am I not good enough to fit into this hero team to keep the 12 min average going instead of saying the hero team isnt as good as others say it is, dont mean to be rude but thats the honest truth lol

out of the 1700 dgers w/ 120 dg only ~ 15 of them are hero team material.. if anyone cares to prove me wrong show me a sub 10 without ATLEAST one of: nic, bu11, farty, hammy, me, stupidboy, eagle, christopher, prozac, wintastical, xax.. thats only 11 names out of 1700+ dgers with 4 binds.. if thats too much of a limitation I think youre already proving yourself wrong

Even hero teams don't average 10 minutes. I've done flrs with hammy and nic and the average for 5 man sui abas isn't even as low as 12 mins.

The average for large floors on 3bo has actually fallen 5 mins instead of the other way around.

When you say the average falls, do you mean they have gotten faster or slower? Your statement technically means they have gotten faster, not sure if that's what you meant though.

Then you have slow people teaching others how to go from snail- to turtle speed by feeding them crappy strategies that @ their best average mediocre times while clueless w67ers run around doing similar times w/ 1/2 the effort