Why do you think Jagex made 99s Require so Much EXP?

Freakyhair

then quit runescape entirely, you'll be even less lazy than if you spent 60 hours fishing!

:roll:

your argument makes no sense - it's based entirely on the premise that any amount of runescape is detrimental to your life, yet even you say "most people would probably just watch tv with those hours".

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you are saying, to use your example, fishing for 70 hours takes less effort than fishing for 130 hours? or did i misunderstand you?

no im talking about real life, the real life impication of fishing for 60 hours is lazy. id say. i dunno, fair enough its how some people relax.

but yeah, i think im less lazy for wishing the caps were lower since id play less time playing runescape for want i wanted to achieve in it, hence more time doing things in real life. tbf most peopled probs jus watch tv with those hours..

You do what you want in life.

If you want to play RS, play Rs - if you want to go out then go out.

It doesn't make you any harder working by not wanting to do something completely and only do half of it. In fact, it makes you MORE lazy.

capt%20kevin.png

How about dont suck at playing Runescape?

I've been playing for about 5-6 years now (acc made in 03) and I'm 5 levels from maxing. Pretty much 9 months ago I was still like 2100 total with craptastic skills, until I finally buckled down and got to business. Of course I still go through stretches where I'm not being efficient and just messing around on RS being useless, but if you actually maximize your time use and xp rates, 13m xp for most skills is nothing.

7m for a 99? That's too hilarious, remind me to add it to the 'noobs say the funniest things' section. Seriously though, the caps are fine. 13m xp gives people a challenge, especially since the last 7-8 levels are literally 7m xp in themselves.

Agreed.

@amitoz I dont get why its ridiculous?

I think that if 7m had been the cap the whole time that RuneScape would be a very different game, it would still be seen as just as much of a challenge (IMO) to get 99 because the playing hours would change. Id think, maybe not though to be fair. But if the premade goal is 13m exp, or (eg mining) around 500000 clicks, it automatically makes players set standards higher.

Dunno maybe Im wrong, but dont straight up call me a noob for suggesting something that might take 70 hrs ( very liberal mining estimate) instead of 130 hours.. I think that's a very sensible suggestion..

everyone who is willing to work harder than you is a nerd

emot-downs.gif

If you "work hard" in a video game, you dont understand the premise of a video game. Video games (like movies, books, tv shows, and music) are pieces of entertainment that consumers are meant to enjoy. Hundreds of hours of grind aren't entertainment. Nothing new is happening on your screen, you're just advancing a number. Clicking a tree for a hundred hours isn't "difficult content" it's "lack of content." If you enjoy "working hard" to change a number in a video game, then by all means go ahead. Just don't pretend like its smart, or even comparable to watching a good movie or tv show (because those would actually entertain the viewer).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

if you don't enjoy it, don't do it at all emot-smug.gif

So do you enjoy grinding for 130+ hours, if you don't then why would you do it??

People grind in RS for a feeling of accomplishment over a number going up.

Is there anything really wrong with playing rs a lot and grinding a lot... no but don't play it off like people play RS for fun.

Well, some people play for fun, but they suck at the game. The people that are generally considered "good" spend the majority of the time doing tasks that are monotonous and boring, unless said person is maxed out or very close to. Then they would probably try to do some fun things, but the amount of maxed out people is negligible compared to the number of people that are not maxed out.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

So do you enjoy grinding for 130+ hours, if you don't then why would you do it??

yes, i do. obviously not all at once - i break it up and do it in small chunks. i don't know why someone would play runescape if they don't enjoy it, you tell me?

personally, i play for fun.

don't play it off like people play RS for fun.

???

from what i can tell, the two sides of the argument are this:

"maxing a skill takes an acceptable amount of time" - supported by people who enjoy playing runescape

"getting maxed should be easier" - supported by people who don't enjoy playing runescape

why are you playing runescape if you don't enjoy it?

???

!!!

Think its more down to the speed of the xp you train itself making the 13m requirement sortof irrelevant.

Thinking in those terms it makes more sense to see certain skills as being fast. While leaving some to be harder. That and you dont need to train all the skills to 99.

I think the balance is pretty good. Infact..Since effigies its too easy now..It nerfs most of the harder skills considerably. Leaving only easy vs. easy.

I thought effigies were supposed to be hard to obtain though?

Nah mate. It's kinda easy. Lets used my Adventurer's Log for example. *cough*

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Think its more down to the speed of the xp you train itself making the 13m requirement sortof irrelevant.

Thinking in those terms it makes more sense to see certain skills as being fast. While leaving some to be harder. That and you dont need to train all the skills to 99.

I think the balance is pretty good. Infact..Since effigies its too easy now..It nerfs most of the harder skills considerably. Leaving only easy vs. easy.

I thought effigies were supposed to be hard to obtain though?

Nah mate. It's kinda easy. Lets used my Adventurer's Log for example. *cough*

Yeah, you don't even have to be a high level to get them either. I thought Jagex had said that high level monsters would drop them, but I've gotten a few from pyrefiends, which are lvl 43....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

so you are saying, to use your example, fishing for 70 hours takes less effort than fishing for 130 hours? or did i misunderstand you?

The amount of hours dosent mean anything because anyone training that skill is doing it as s secondary task. They are watching TV.

Fools_Taco.png

yes, i do. obviously not all at once - i break it up and do it in small chunks. i don't know why someone would play runescape if they don't enjoy it, you tell me?

personally, i play for fun.

don't play it off like people play RS for fun.

???

from what i can tell, the two sides of the argument are this:

"maxing a skill takes an acceptable amount of time" - supported by people who enjoy playing runescape

"getting maxed should be easier" - supported by people who don't enjoy playing runescape

why are you playing runescape if you don't enjoy it?

???

!!!

I dont have fun when I grind a skill, I have fun wondering around doing random things as i please, like making 46 battelstaffs or whatever a day, i find that fun. but once I did 200 battlestaffs and even then i didnt really find it fun.. Mainly I get fun from PKing, sometimes monster killing, bosshunting, or jus randomly making small ammounts of obscure items lol!

I think what Illy is saying is that people who grind for hours and call it fun are lying, Id agree, maybe you're a small exception but I find it very hard to believe you find fun in runecrafting for hours upon hours on end.

And +1 Fools Taco

How about dont suck at playing Runescape?

I've been playing for about 5-6 years now (acc made in 03) and I'm 5 levels from maxing. Pretty much 9 months ago I was still like 2100 total with craptastic skills, until I finally buckled down and got to business. Of course I still go through stretches where I'm not being efficient and just messing around on RS being useless, but if you actually maximize your time use and xp rates, 13m xp for most skills is nothing.

See you have to complete opposite opinion to how i play runescape. I never buckle down because I find it incredibly boring lol. I dont have very much money on my acc because iv trained my mage from like 70 - 98 by soul wars barraging, because i find it fun! ive alched and stunned for like 500k exp and it was so incredibly dull..

Oh n do you mean maxing out all skills or combat?

You find runecrafting for hours on end very boring. So do I.

I find randomly making battlestaves and pking boring as well. Doesn't mean I think you're lying about yourself enjoying it.

Sorry other people enjoy skills or activities in the game that you don't.

OT: 13M xp in a skill isn't too much tbh, considering the skills are getting easier over time, explaining the 1k+ players with maxed total. I've been playing rs since 2005 (on two accounts at that), and I just got my first 99 (99 hp untrim ftw) a few weeks ago, but it's just because I played the game doing other skills like slayer, that I actually enjoy.

I believe if you start playing JUST to max out, then there is a greater chance you might burn out and get bored of the game/think it's too much xp to accomplish, ect. If maxed total/combat/wealth are your idea of fun though, then go for it. You're better off just finding a skill(s) that you find fun to enjoy, and your xp will go to show how much you enjoy it later on. Seems simple enough to me.

Runescape becomes boring and when people treat it as more of a job than a game. But to label someone elses gameplay by your standards of how to play the game doesn't do any good. Everyone plays differently.

Trollbomber.png

I normally don't reply to posts. Especially in General Discussion, since I have been "retired" from RuneScape for nearly 6 years.

You're right in your comments about the early stages of RuneScape. Back when I joined, and was a very active player (click my sig), level 99s were a very rare commodity. Especially in specific skills. Jagex, over the years, has managed to make their game so insanely easy that level 99 (13m+ exp) and even MAX exp (200m) is very possible. Back in 2001, when I first joined, it would be insane for someone to gain 10m+ exp in a year's time. These days, people pound out hundreds of millions of exp a year. So you can imagine when the Gower's first started RuneScape, 13m+ for level 99 (and 200m cap) was pretty outrageous.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

i did read the first post but not the rest because im lazy to read it all.

But lets just say maybe one day that they will make lvls higher then 99. they already have a skill that you need xp to lvl 120 which needs 104,273,166 exp to get to it. runescape can grow bigger if they want to.

No

and before you make an argument back go and look at my previous post on this thread regarding the possibility of skills (other then dung) going above 99.

Dung isn't included because dung has no bearing in the rest of rs except for the weapon unlocks that you get at level 80.

ok so if everybody hits 99 they all just quit and rs will be done? if rs wanted to they could make skill lvls past 99 to keep people playing and have them keep paying for memberships to reach the lvls. it could happen or it may not happen but if rs wants to they can do it. anything can happen

bigdog1470.png