Febuary 14-Postbag from the hedge #45

michel555555

Looking forward to Elemental Workshop IV, really enjoyed the others in the series. I had a lengthy discussion about it with Mod Dylan at Runefest actually and requested he made them harder :P. He also said that he think it'd be rotational based puzzles but I think this was before anything was properly decided so I think it was just him thinking aloud and what he'd want to do with it rather than what's actually there so take it with a pinch of salt. Either way am really looking forward to that quest, always enjoyed his quests even though lots of people complain about them :unsure:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The elf quests were fun though. I mean, c'mon, how many other chains revolve purely around puzzles? W/o guides, the puzzles in the elf/ardy quests are downright diobolical. Mind you, the new barrelchest pirate quest should be interesting, especially since the reward from the first one was good and bad simultaneously. Anyone else hoping for a new pirate armor?

div>

Has Jagex forgotten about Elf quests?

Mod Chris L was the primary developer for Within the Light, and has since gone onto Dungeoneering etc.. And then there's the graphics team..

If i'm not badly mistaken, i think Mod Chris L is doing temple trekking rework right now.

Mod Tytn has soon finished with demon ashes (next week =) ) and then he will probably go for myreque series.

The task/diary thing can wait till after the quests though, seeing as they could still add a ton to the place, like another pest control-like minigame revolving around vampire killing, and an update on the shade killing one...

div>

Looking forward to Elemental Workshop IV, really enjoyed the others in the series. I had a lengthy discussion about it with Mod Dylan at Runefest actually and requested he made them harder :P. He also said that he think it'd be rotational based puzzles but I think this was before anything was properly decided so I think it was just him thinking aloud and what he'd want to do with it rather than what's actually there so take it with a pinch of salt. Either way am really looking forward to that quest, always enjoyed his quests even though lots of people complain about them :unsure:

You know, it's people like you that find a snake in their bed in band camp, right? <_<

nyuseg.png

And presumably the bulk of them is currently tied up with ROTM5

ROTM5?

ritual of the mahjarrat

I'd like to believe that in MOTM5, we get to watch a Majharrat getting sacrificed on one of their ritual altars.

You know, all that energy soaked into that one stone.

Hopefully the Soul Altar. Would be a great way to put it in

*keeps dreaming* :rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

And presumably the bulk of them is currently tied up with ROTM5

ROTM5?

ritual of the mahjarrat

I'd like to believe that in MOTM5, we get to watch a Majharrat getting sacrificed on one of their ritual altars.

You know, all that energy soaked into that one stone.

Hopefully the Soul Altar. Would be a great way to put it in

*keeps dreaming* :rolleyes:

if it were just a sacrifice, I don't think more than a single mahjarrat would die.

the mahjarrat are very political, the wouldn't let that happen.

From the sound of it, the ritual is going to be crashed and the mahjarrat will be massacred.

Naaxi.png

Hmmm...majarrat=wgs storyline, right? Because if so, then I'd looooove to see a battle with lucien. Maybe have a full out war, with the arma gwd bosses joining you to fend them off...one can only dream.

div>

Hmmm...majarrat=wgs storyline, right? Because if so, then I'd looooove to see a battle with lucien. Maybe have a full out war, with the arma gwd bosses joining you to fend them off...one can only dream.

Yeah they're the same storyline.

But it's better to think of WGS is the lucien substory within ROTM.

as there are many mahjarrat.

well we know Sliske unleashed Nex and the barrows bros.

So I'd imagine he might use them to fight with him.

Naaxi.png

I enjoy puzzles, but I don't enjoy slowly dying while I am trying to solve them!

Oh but MEP2 was so fun! :P

If these turn out soon, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Lunar Quest: always good, but what kind of new spells?

Elemental Workshop: what kind of brainbreaker puzzle will we get now?

Pirate: hopefully the rewards include an upgrade to Trouble Brewing rewards, but I doubt that...

Dungeoneering: hell yeah (+1 item bind as reward?)

so that are the quests for the coming 4 months (?)

let's discuss possible rewards!

for Dungeoneering, I think we might see a +1 item bind

Pirate: probably only some exp, possibly an item or something small

Lunar: new Lunar spells, but what kind?

Elemental Workshop: another upgrade to the set or ability to enhance by enchanting or something like that

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Where does it say that? (curiosity, not challenging this claim)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The banker before Nex tells the tale of how her and her bros got tricked by Sliske to release Nex. Then she became a Nature Spirit or what have you to be nice and stuff for Guthix as she was sorry.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The Nature Spirit Reis in Nex's chamber will mention that Sliske tricked she and her friends into performing a ritual under the pre-tense of releasing Guthix, when in fact they released Nex.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Lunar Quest: always good, but what kind of new spells?

Elemental Workshop: what kind of brainbreaker puzzle will we get now?

Pirate: hopefully the rewards include an upgrade to Trouble Brewing rewards, but I doubt that...

Dungeoneering: hell yeah (+1 item bind as reward?)

so that are the quests for the coming 4 months (?)

let's discuss possible rewards!

for Dungeoneering, I think we might see a +1 item bind

Pirate: probably only some exp, possibly an item or something small

Lunar: new Lunar spells, but what kind?

Elemental Workshop: another upgrade to the set or ability to enhance by enchanting or something like that

Dungeoneering Quest -- You're dreaming if you think you'll get an additional item bind. Since this is a "first time" Dung quest, it will likely have a low-level dung requirement (<40) and offer some mediocre experience in Dung, Smithing and Mining (since Marmaros is mentioned in the clue). Most likely, you'll be adventuring with Thok, through a relatively simple dungeon, containing a couple of relatively basic puzzles, and a "new" boss that's not that difficult to beat down.

Lunar Quest is going to feature a Norse goddess or demi-goddess variant. She stole something from her father. Anyone up on their Norse mythology? I figure that this one will be a rather high level quest. Perhaps even a GrandMaster. If so, the spells that will be unlocked should be pretty freaking epic.

The new Pirate Quest is going to be a continuation of the Great Brain Robbery and will pick up from where that quest left off. As such, it will feature, possible, one or more barrelchest-like creature(s) and a trip to the "factory" where these creatures are built. That means another puzzle similar to that in, say, Rum Deal. Expect to see more of Robid Jack, Mi-Gor and Brother Tranquility. Plus some funny zombie pirates. With luck, we'll even see more of Dr. Fenkenstrain and some kittens playing with yarn. :lol: I expect this to be at least a "Master" level quest perhaps higher.

According to the clues, Elemental Workshop IV will feature new machinery which will make new armours namely Chaos and Cosmic.

nyuseg.png

IIRC, there was a thread asking for our opinions on Lunar Magicks, because Jagex felt they weren't altogether praised very much. I remember it, cause I posted on it.

Maybe, along with the spells, we'll see the update to Lunar Spells that they said they'd considering from that thread? It was interesting things mentioned, like more [Hunter-esque] Kits, i.e. Fishing, Crafting, etc. Some more teleports, too. Can't remember that well, cause it was along time back, like last year or so.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I'd looove to see a lunar spell that teleports you to the lunar altar/place right before td's. Oh, and a hunter kit variant for some other skills would be interesting. Maybe have a herblore kit that includes vials/pestle&mortar, and a slayer kit that includes a bunch of different slayer items.

div>

Dungeoneering Quest -- You're dreaming if you think you'll get an additional item bind. Since this is a "first time" Dung quest, it will likely have a low-level dung requirement (<40) and offer some mediocre experience in Dung, Smithing and Mining (since Marmaros is mentioned in the clue). Most likely, you'll be adventuring with Thok, through a relatively simple dungeon, containing a couple of relatively basic puzzles, and a "new" boss that's not that difficult to beat down.

I'd love to see us travel down through dungeoneering with them over a series of quests and get to where they can't remember a thing..

asrhasrh.jpg