Best AFK Fishing.

Noxx

Back to the books for me. So while i study/do assignments i'd like to raise some of the skills i can train "afk" ie. not having to click a million times or even look at the screen for a certain period of time. I already have Ivy for Woodcutting, Gold Ore for Smithing and Concentrated Ore for Mining. When it comes to fishing i have no idea what would be best. I would have to be something that offers good Exp but also takes a while for the inventory to fill up. Close to a bank too. I was thinking either Swordfish/Tuna, Lobsters or Monks. I'm not too worried about profit, its more about getting the best afk Fishing exp.

Suggestions?

Edit: I kind of enjoy Barbarian Fishing. Ive heard it was best Fishing Exp in game and the insane ammount fo clicking makes it really fun for me. Only thing is, instead of getting 60k+ exp/h im getting around 40k/h. Is there something wrong with the method i use? I use the Fish one- Drop one. Ive heard this is the fastest method, but if so why am i stuck on 40k/h?

I agree with stan

also a friend sent me a link to this stopwatch that i've been using, it's pretty simple but effective and u can set it to where it works ever 4 mins 30 seconds so that u can do something to reset the logout timer.

Interval Timer

Spikestr1ke.png

You could make steel bars into cannonballs. Terrible exp, but 1 inventory of bars takes around 3 minutes and you'll profit around 300gp per bar (not sure about the profit).

Yeah, cannonballs are great fishing exp...

As others have said, rocktail (cavefish if you can't do them) are ideal for afk fishing. Decent exp, a little money, and possibly the most afk activity in the entire game.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You could make steel bars into cannonballs. Terrible exp, but 1 inventory of bars takes around 3 minutes and you'll profit around 300gp per bar (not sure about the profit).

Totally random, but funny :P

Margus.png

*Mumbles something about the three tick drop method*

there's a section on it in the mining guide in the aow. That's the only thing i can think of so i hope someone corrects me if im wrong.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Just a tip:try and use the new urns(you could make decorated urns).10 urns/skill at one time so you could make a few hundred urns and just use a water rune on one, to make it a fishing one, once the previous one expires.

Ive been doing that. It takes me about 13 mins to fill up an urn, so tthats about 8.5k exp/h more. i should be able to get close to 75k exp/h with both Barb Fishing + urns yet im still not getting near that.

I provided the information about making cannonballs because to me it seems he mainly wants something that is afkable and thinks of fishing --> "So while i study/do assignments i'd like to raise some of the skills i can train "afk"". Just telling that making cannonballs is also an option.

Ares_Artemis.png

I provided the information about making cannonballs because to me it seems he mainly wants something that is afkable and thinks of fishing --> "So while i study/do assignments i'd like to raise some of the skills i can train "afk"". Just telling that making cannonballs is also an option.

And if you had read the entire post you would have seen that he was taking suggestions for fishing in light of already having ways of semi-afking other skills including smithing.

edit

OT: monks to 85 caves to 90 rocks to 99. Not sure how much the new urns hurt/help afk training.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Urns are 20% more xp/hr so they are definitely worth getting.

For fishing, you got to cut the fish and eat the roe then reclick the fishing spot. You should also use a granite lobster but I think that's minor.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

For fishing, you got to cut the fish and eat the roe then reclick the fishing spot. You should also use a granite lobster but I think that's minor.

how do i use urns, do i just keep one in my invo for the bonus xp?

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

how do i use urns, do i just keep one in my invo for the bonus xp?

Basically yes. When it's filled, you can click it to receive the bonus experience. You can have up to 10 filled ones in your inventory.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I use normal bait. I just drop the fish, reclick. Cutting the fish doesnt give any added exp right? And yeah i started using Granite Lobsters which pushed my exp up by a bit. Im up to about 53k exp/h using Lobster + Urns. Still a long ay off what it should be :\

Maybe its just some practice?

Wouls alchng the fish me faster that dropping?

Low alch if you try that method.Since when did the topic turn from "best AFK fishing" to click intensive heavyrod? :P

Did you see this video?

Yeah sorry if that causes any confusion. The afk fishing is when i study, the heavy rod fishing is in the evenings when i dont :P