Dice game

runescape102

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was dicing with a guy for well over 2 hours, started at 148m, at one point i got up to 190m and he was "vidding" all the big bets.

dont get me wrong this guy had money too, he showed 1.7b so start with.

we did bets with about 25- 5m's 20- 10m's and 15- 20-30m. in the middle i also did a few 35m's always using the tripple on loss rule, it rinally came down to me at 80m, (trippling the bet would have been 60m) but i decided to do 40m, won and what do you know he is gone. scammed for 80m on that win and he left with 20m other winnings

all in all after this last 2 weeks in rs i am quitting. free trade was the worst thing to happen to my game. lost moderator status for a completely stupid offence(ask the guys that say it in pic thread) and getting scammed for 100m over 2/3 my bank. i want rs out of my life and i want nothing to do with it.

Y_Z.png

yet another instance of "i was a dumb ass, did something stupid and got cleaned - it's free trade's fault! jagex needs to hold my hand while i play this game because i have neither the self control nor am responsible enough to play this game in an enjoyable way."

yet another instance of "i was a dumb ass, did something stupid and got cleaned - it's free trade's fault! jagex needs to hold my hand while i play this game because i have neither the self control nor am responsible enough to play this game in an enjoyable way."

the 80m's not the big thing, the fact that someone forth 1.7b needs to scam to get it is. that on top of a mute and losing p mod status for someone across the screen saying "selling account make an offer" right before i say "15m" to a host and getting charged with rwt by the same guy selling the account. tell me there isnt something wrong with this picture of rs?

Y_Z.png

the 80m's not the big thing, the fact that someone forth 1.7b needs to scam to get it is. that on top of a mute and losing p mod status for someone across the screen saying "selling account make an offer" right before i say "15m" to a host and getting charged with rwt by the same guy selling the account. tell me there isnt something wrong with this picture of rs?

If your "picture of RS" is gambling and you value your p-mod status that high, it is better you leave...

Well, bladewing said it all already :rolleyes:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

I played the dice game for about 4 days last week and in total I ended with around 1b+. I didn't find it hard to get people to trust me, wearing partyhats helps of course. The max bet I had was one 500M and one 550M which I won both of. I also had one guy who "wanted to get cleaned" who bet 100m (He won), 100m again (He won), 200M (He won), 100M again (I won) and finally he bet 300M which he won. Lost about 900M in total to that guy.

Anyway if this still works it's an easy way to get money because people do not realize that there's no way beating the odds. It's amazing how many actually believes the "double"-tactic actually works where you more often than not end up risking 10m+ to win a fee of 100k.

And lastly, there's loads of scammers around and no real way of finding out who is trustworthy and not and I find it pretty sad how important runescape money is to some that you have to scam to get them.

Would scythe+Santa make people bet me? or is there so much supply that probably nobody is going to bet me?

I'm wearing a santa hat, but when i lend it to someone I didn't exactly notice any difference. People with partyhats says it helps though.

namnlskopia.jpg

I'm able to get a decent amount of offers with someone advertising along with me. One guy who bet with me bet 100K which he lost, 200K (lost) 300k (lost) 400k (lost) 500k (lost) 600k (lost) and 700k (lost) which gave me a grand total of 2.8M in under two minutes. Today I made about 450k in under thirty minutes, which brings up my cash pile to about 6.5M. I think it's a potentially excellent money maker for free to play, considering that I'm free to play. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

People who say "Oh, as long as you keep doubling, you'll eventually win". Here is a quick spreadsheet analysis

0	430059	41.01%	1
1	254355	24.26%	2
2	149596	14.27%	4
3	88025	8.39%	8
4	51998	4.96%	16
5	30496	2.91%	32
6	17967	1.71%	64
7	10643	1.01%	128
8	6229	0.59%	256
9	3763	0.36%	512
10	2233	0.21%	1024
11	1289	0.12%	2048
12	771	0.07%	4096
13	474	0.05%	8192
14	285	0.03%	16384
15	162	0.02%	32768
16	103	0.01%	65536
17	60	0.01%	131072
18	33	0.00%	262144
19	17	0.00%	524288
20	4	0.00%	1048576
21	4	0.00%	2097152
22	3	0.00%	4194304
23	3	0.00%	8388608
24	3	0.00%	16777216
25	1	0.00%	33554432

Simply what I did here was use a random number generator to generate ~1.05 million numbers. In this simulation, it kept track of consecutive losses (the amount being the 2nd column, the percentage being the 3rd column).

Dice game doing 60+ gives the player 41% chance of winning. The statistics hold true to the numbers. What you don't realize is that about 2.5% of the time, you will have to risk over 100m. 0.31% of the time, you'll exceed the max cash limit allowed.

Now many will argue "N64Jive, those percentages are so small, that it is very unlikely to happen". 2.5% if actually rather large. I'll agree that .30% is small. However it is probably similar to drop rates of many items that exist in this game.

Conclusion, you can't be statistics. In a negative expectation game, you can and/or will lose.

EDIT: This is a reply to a post on the second or third page that tried to argue that because of the "hosts" high probability of losing, doubling you're money was a guaranteed win. Obviously the guy is an idiot, as in a negative expectation game, there is no such thing as a guaranteed win.

w4M8t.png

I'll have to agree with you there, Jive. Being a regular dice host, I find the odds of dice to be the dismay of many a gambler who came before me bearing cash. Speaking of which, I've pocketed about 300k profit in 10 minutes work today. 9.5M cash pile now. I think I'll call it a day. I dunno.

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

I hosted for 2 days. Took my cashpile from 10m to 150m. Ended up giving 50m to some kid who was "helping" me, even though he really didn't do much. I didn't really need the extra 50m.

w4M8t.png

I hosted for 2 days. Took my cashpile from 10m to 150m. Ended up giving 50m to some kid who was "helping" me, even though he really didn't do much. I didn't really need the extra 50m.

I was thinking of hosting the dice game because I heard that you can make a lot of money from it. However, I am not really familiar with the rules (I know that if the # is 60-100 then the player wins, if the # is 1-59 you win, or something like that). I am also wondering how to get people to trust me. I don't have any rares or expensive armors, but I do have holiday drops from years ago.

I have hosted the flower game before, but I am actually losing money hosting it (weird, eh?).

If anyone could give any advice, that would be awesome. :)

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

I was thinking of hosting the dice game because I heard that you can make a lot of money from it. However, I am not really familiar with the rules (I know that if the # is 60-100 then the player wins, if the # is 1-59 you win, or something like that). I am also wondering how to get people to trust me. I don't have any rares or expensive armors, but I do have holiday drops from years ago.

I have hosted the flower game before, but I am actually losing money hosting it (weird, eh?).

Dress as flashy as possible and just go. Never scam anyone no matter what the bet is. You'll lose trust if you scam, and it's not worth it because in the end the host will always profit.

Made another 700k profit in 5 minutes. Basically 1M made in 15 minutes =-/ If this is free to play and I make this much cash, how insane is it in members? o.O

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

I've hosted a few games myself and it's pretty fun but I too am having a hard time finding a player base. Where are you guys hosting your games exactly? (I've tried a little northwest of varrock west bank and edgeville with little luck).

I own a phat and everything so should I just advertise a little more then (I admit, I advertise for like 10 minutes and then give up)? How long does it usually take?

I_Am_Farming.png

Dress as flashy as possible and just go. Never scam anyone no matter what the bet is. You'll lose trust if you scam, and it's not worth it because in the end the host will always profit.

Thanks for the tips.

Also, I am not the kind of guy who scams. It's just sad that nowadays hardly anyone trusts you because there are so many scammers out there hosting flower games and stuff like that.

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

Thanks to the dice game, I managed to achieve my first green cash pile. Made about three million up from 9200k today to rest at about 12.2M. Took no more than a couple of hours. I'm thinking I can probably get around 30-50M by the time I get members again in the summer, if I do the minimal amount of work with a little luck.

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Thanks to the dice game, I managed to achieve my first green cash pile. Made about three million up from 9200k today to rest at about 12.2M. Took no more than a couple of hours. I'm thinking I can probably get around 30-50M by the time I get members again in the summer, if I do the minimal amount of work with a little luck.

Just curious, what are the rules you use when hosting your dice game? Do you find that it takes a while to get a dice game started?

Also, how much money did you have before you started hosting the game? I am thinking of hosting a dice game, but I don't have a lot of cash on me (White pile).

Where do you host this game, f2p or p2p, varrock, etc?

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

Just curious, what are the rules you use when hosting your dice game? Do you find that it takes a while to get a dice game started?

Also, how much money did you have before you started hosting the game? I am thinking of hosting a dice game, but I don't have a lot of cash on me (White pile).

Where do you host this game, f2p or p2p, varrock, etc?

Ah. Thanks for asking. I use 60x2 90x3 dice rules. That means of course, 60 and over is double your cash, while 90 and over is triple your cash. Some dice hosts reroll on exactly 60 or 90 or whatever winning number they use as a standard, so when they reroll you actually lose your cash. I think that's a rather unfair thing to do because it's advertised as those numbers and above implicitly, so I go with the implication that it's 60+ for a win.

It does sometime take a while to get customers depending on the competition around you and how snazzy you look. I don an investigator's suit with a candy cane, and I still manage to pull in hundreds of thousands of coins in the timespan of a few minutes. The real thing for me to worry about is when you have level 110+ competition whose wealth exponentially surpasses your own. Take a word of warning though, even the most legit looking players can be scams. Why, just yesterday, I lost 200k to a level 126 who sported a divine spirit shield, a red dragon mask, full dragon with platebody, and a firecape. Just logged out even though I won twice my bet. I luckily managed to recover it in a few minutes, though. Have your guard up, and don't bet too much cash if you feel you might lose it.

When I started really getting into the business which was last Saturday, I had less than 30K. A few hours later, I had 1.6M. The next day, I had 6M. I ended yesterday with 9.2M. Now I have 12.2M. My average tends to be 1-3M profit a day ranging from a few minutes of work (five minutes to half an hour) to a couple of hours. I host in World 1 and 3 Varrock beside the West Bank and Grand Exchange where the other dice hosts are. I always show my cash pile to show I'm legit for 50k+ bets. That's the way you gain trust and build a reputation for being a legitimate host. As Jive said, it's not worth it to scam since the odds of the dice will always be in the host's favor.

You also do not want to pressure the person to bet more cash then they want to, or else you may end up completely losing their business. That's why I put no minimum limits for cash, so people can bet what they want. I encourage people to bet more if they clearly have much more cash than what they're betting, but I don't force them to. Sometimes I put up a maximum cash limit depending on how large my cash pile is. I generally don't use one since the bets usually don't exceed 500k, and I have 24X that so, yeah.

Also, learn when to cut your own losses. This is essential to being a successful dice host looking to profit. When you're hosting, if the customer wins cash, you pay them. But you do not have to take the person's next bet if you feel it's going to run you out of cash. Just politely refuse and say you need some cash in reserve to pay to lower-stake gamblers. Generally, the extremely rich hosts do not need to worry about this unless they are hosting high-stakes dice. I know of someone on world one who semi-regularly hosts 50M+ stakes.

The West Bank area in Varrock for F2P is excellent for hosting dice (well, it's pretty much the only place to in F2P). Learn your ropes. Figure out what time most players are on at, and use those population patterns to work with your schedule. If you host in the mid afternoon where most players are on at that time, you're more likely to get customers. Of course, dress as snazzy as possible. It doesn't need to be an expensive get up. My set up costs literally nothing (all clue fest items) and I still attract customers. Always check to see if the customer you're playing with is in your clan chat. They can't see what you roll if they're not in your chat, so if you actually roll below the minimum winning number, they might not believe you even if you're being honest, and you lose their and potentially other people's business. If they're not in your chat by the time you're going to roll, tell them to join and if they don't or can't, give them back their cash.

So basically, find out what times of the day are most profitable for you to host on, dress as attractively as possible (doesn't mean it has to be expensive!), show cash if asked. If you feel you're going to lose cash on a bet relative to your cash pile, don't take the bet. Place maximum cash bets accordingly to prevent losing too much cash on a single or series of bets. A minimum cash bet rule may help too if you're looking for that element of excitement. We all know how boring it is to give a newb a 3k win because he bet 1k. If you're member, you have a wider variety of populated areas to explore to host dice games. It's a good idea to host dice and flower games on popular worlds near banks where cash is readily available, so Falador W2 is a good choice as well. Other areas, you may find fit this description as you travel around finding a place to attract the most customers. But as a rule of thumb, Varrock W.B. and Falador Park are the best places to host games.

Regards advertising, you may want to get a friend or pay someone to advertise for you for a bit if you can't do it yourself. Be patient when you're advertising. Customers will come if you look legitimate enough. A high combat level helps, of course. Run around a bit when advertising if one area of the area is stagnant in customer flow.

Those are pretty much the general rules outlined regards hosting dice/flower games. If you have enough cash to start with to be successful (2M minimum, I recommend), you'll do well in your endeavors, since the odds of the dice are aligned with you as the host.

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

meh i just hosted for 2 hours. some srious dry patches, even borrowed a p hat and had fur orny on. showed 60m cash but always had bets of 50k -.-. was up 1m after borrowing p hat. bit annoying really, basically had a bet of 1m and they got 90.. then my max bet was 500k. serously gay. if anyone wants to use me im doing bets of up to 10m :)

Ah. Thanks for asking. I use 60x2 90x3 dice rules. That means of course, 60 and over is double your cash, while 90 and over is triple your cash.

I think you might want to reconsider changing your odds to be more in your favor. As it currently stands you will earn 7% of what people bet given enough time, if you changed your rule to 60x2 you would earn 18% of what is bet, and in my experience you will still attract enough customers to be busy most of the time. I don't know how others think, but I might actually be cautious if some lowleveled player were using these odds, thinking they might be scamming. If you want to have more attractive odds than others try something else like 60x2 99x3 or 59x2 which will give you a profit of 16% of your bets. But it is up to you. Also I have never bothered to check if people are in my cc when I roll and have never had any problems with that, people will randomly start shouting that you scammed them because they got cleaned or for no reason at all anyways, so it's not like it would matter.

Btw I know that I've seen you at w1, but I'm not sure if you have bet with me.

namnlskopia.jpg