A decade.

Poopingman

For me, it is this month. For some it has already passed back in January. For even more, it is coming up in the next few months.

For a whole decade Runescape has played a part of the lives of some of us to some degree. For me, it bridged my life from a fecal-obsessed 13-year old (hence the name) to an adult. To some of us, that means a lot, and it hurts seeing the game suffering from some of the seemingly ever-enduring problems that never seem to totally go away, and come back every few years when the powers of good mysteriously begin to weaken.(jk this isn't a script for a movie trailer) but sarcasm aside, and disregarding the botting crisis, let us take a moment to remember the simpler times. :ugeek:

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Okay - the username of the OP made me giggle.

My 10th year will come in July.

In 2001 I was [for all intents and purposes] a single mother. My then husband was off following his "rock-star dreams" and I was left alone to work a job, support three children on my own and a home to mind, while he was out partying with his band every night. I was bored, lonely and broke.

It wasn't till 2004 that I finally got up enough nerve to keep walking after he threw me out of the house for the 15th time. Indeed, really -- how DARE I speak up to the man of the house, right?

I guess I should not have made the "What is the difference between a pizza and a musician" joke. :unsure: (A. A pizza can feed a family of five.)

My boys found Runescape through one of those gamer sites (Newgrounds?). They started playing it and I started worrying about who they were talking to all the time.

When RS2 started, I started over, using this character. The rest, as they say is history.

nyuseg.png

Omg its poopingman! Don't know if you remember, I was Ameoba3000 from RSC now Vigoss in game. Been ages since I've seen you!

I think I've passed the decade mark I dunno, I probably started somewhere early 2001 and I can't believe its 2011 and I'm still playing this game, albeit I started again about 6-7 months ago.

God its been a while. Best part is my account states I have less than a year of actual play time and i bet 20-30 hours of it was from standing around doing nothing in banks back when RS2 was young, and I got real bored of it.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Congrats, man. I'm about to hit 7 years myself in two weeks or so. I don't know many people that have played one game for longer than 5 years, but 10 is just unheard of. Hope you've enjoyed your time on RS as much as I have.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Let's all mourn runescape, which died in a tragic car accident back in early february....it died after crashing into a bot driving the freetrademobile...

Bots have always been here. Nothing wrong with free trade.

10 years for me at the end of the month. I definitely followed the games history more than actually playing it but I'm still here entertained and intrigued by its progress.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Year eight comes for me in May. I caught the tail end of RS1... good times. I played from 2003-2005, and then again from 2009-2011, after I ran back into RS by accident and became addicted to the GE. I've now moved onto the stock market (the GE of IRL). :P

(Edit: Same age as the OP here)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I started when I was in 7th grade when I saw a kid in computer class playing this game killing fire giants in the waterfall. The game looked awesome, and I thought he was one of the best players most likely lol.

That was back in April of 2005, so I'm approaching 6 years. My original account (which was slightly worse than than my current account in sig), got hacked and stolen from me, so I made it my duty to surpass the theif with my (at the time) pure, which is below.

I honestly miss playing the way I used to. I used to spend an entire evening trying to pk when I was f2p hoping for any rune item. I was nowhere near efficient when I played, and simply played for a different kind of fun.

Today I become more of an efficiency player everyday, but I still have fun at it. I have fun gaining large amounts of xp and levelling quickly, so I still have fun, just for different reasons. Every once in a while I'll get bored and take a walk down memory lane, and visit Elvarg or something to bring me back to when I was younger and a noob.

I started playing when I was 13 years old, and for the life of me, would have NEVER thought I'd still be playing this game when I was almost 19 and in college. I used to be embarassed of playing and hid in the RuneScape closet throughout highschool, but after I graduated, I realized that I don't care and I'm better off just doing what I enjoy.

Trollbomber.png

I miss the times when I made 3k a day chopping willows and selling to the General Store.

God bless the simpler times. :(

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

indeed it has been that long :) just took a look at the link your sig. <3 nostalgia :D found myself on the ranged higscore list, #408 http://web.archive.org/web/20020410064244/209.120.137.229/hs-2-2.html

My friend loves the archived ranged hiscores, those were all his RS friends back in the day.