Tattoo general

monaliza

if you're going to get a hand tattoo first, why not 'thug love' on yr knuckles?

this sparrow shit is some weak baby thinking

Says the man whose first was nine naked men on his arse.

Well I'd aim to get the Chirho first which wouldn't be on my hand anyways, so no worries there. I am considering maybe side/left oblique area for the ChiRho, but am unsure.

if you're going to get a hand tattoo first, why not 'thug love' on yr knuckles?

this sparrow shit is some weak baby thinking

Says the man whose first was nine naked men on his arse.

the truest definition of thug love i could ever hope for

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

So placement to me, is just as important as the tattoo itself - meaning, would the placement have a significance at all to you? For instance, something like the ChiRho: if it's a value you place close to your heart, then on your pec would be a good spot.

But of course, that's up to you. A symbol like that, would look good pretty much anywhere on the body. Doing a quick Google Image search of "chirho tatttoos" showed quite a few options and designs.

As for the sparrow, by hand - where did you mean exactly? Inside of your wrist, outside palm, forearm etc.

And I doubt any artist would refuse to tattoo any area. Your hand will sting quite a bit more than most other body parts, so they'll be cautious, but I doubt they wouldn't do it.

You could also combine the chirho and the sparrow!

------

And just for the general topic: no tattoo is "weak," as long as it has a specific meaning to that person. I don't care if you get a stereotypical butterfly, as long as it means something and was not just "it looks cool" or "I just wanted a tattoo" decision.

So unless Nine Naked Men is your friend, I'd ignore what he says :D

ArchangelSignature.jpg

So placement to me, is just as important as the tattoo itself - meaning, would the placement have a significance at all to you? For instance, something like the ChiRho: if it's a value you place close to your heart, then on your pec would be a good spot.

But of course, that's up to you. A symbol like that, would look good pretty much anywhere on the body. Doing a quick Google Image search of "chirho tatttoos" showed quite a few options and designs.

As for the sparrow, by hand - where did you mean exactly? Inside of your wrist, outside palm, forearm etc.

And I doubt any artist would refuse to tattoo any area. Your hand will sting quite a bit more than most other body parts, so they'll be cautious, but I doubt they wouldn't do it.

You could also combine the chirho and the sparrow!

------

And just for the general topic: no tattoo is "weak," as long as it has a specific meaning to that person. I don't care if you get a stereotypical butterfly, as long as it means something and was not just "it looks cool" or "I just wanted a tattoo" decision.

So unless Nine Naked Men is your friend, I'd ignore what he says :D

I had considered doing the ChiRho on my peck but it's also a bit atereotypical placement-wise. But I do agree placement is equally as meaningful as the tattoo itself, so that one certainly will be thought through more.

The sparrow I wanted to do on my left hand kind of on the space between te index and thumb, just above the wrist. I don't want a huge one and as time goes on I plan on getting more tattoos to fill the arm, so maybe I'll wait to get it, but that's my current thoughts.

Nawh NNM is just an OT troll. Haha.

I'm a fan of the Sugar Skull tattoo. I don't have any yet but in about 7 more months when I get back to the states I'm going to start working on my sleeve with the main piece being a sugar skull. Not going to use this picture exactly but this is something I'd like to get.

4269551448_5ba4ef95f0_z_large.jpg

4000.png

ultramus.png

as long as it means something and was not just "it looks cool" or "I just wanted a tattoo" decision.

What are you talking about. Those are usually the best tattoos.

• Like 1

2009rb9.jpg

as long as it means something and was not just "it looks cool" or "I just wanted a tattoo" decision.

The best? That gross generalization.

However, long term I feel the can be the ones with the least regret afterwards (if one has the propensity to regret such things).

However, long term I feel the can be the ones with the least regret afterwards (if one has the propensity to regret such things).

Not really. The best tattoos I have seen tend to be the ones with absolutely zero personal meaning behind them, other than "hello tattoo artist, do something cool on my body", or "hey this motif looks dope, go wild with it".

2009rb9.jpg

I meant no offense with that statement - it's just personally, I much prefer ones that have a story behind them. I've had friends who've gotten tattoos, simply based on seeing an image and getting it within a week, because it looked awesome. And it does, but sometimes they regret it too.

I'm mostly talking about the "tramp stamp" stuff and the drunken tattoos. It may look good, and I'll appreciate it, but I just won't find them interesting. Just personal opinion, is all.

• Like 1
ArchangelSignature.jpg

I found I went through an interesting process regarding my state of mind when I got mine. I would never be able to regret getting a tattoo simply because it's the culmination of a lot of thought, decision-making, and the ultimate destination of lying on the table having something permanently added to your body. It's the outward mark of an experience and I could never regret having that experience.

I think meaningful tattoos are cool and mine does have meaning to me, but I also chose it because it's aesthetically pleasing, and I think that should come first when thinking in the long-term. A well-done but meaningless tattoo is better than a poorly done tattoo with a story behind it.

• Like 1

p2gq.jpg

Not really. The best tattoos I have seen tend to be the ones with absolutely zero personal meaning behind them, other than "hello tattoo artist, do something cool on my body", or "hey this motif looks dope, go wild with it".

Well art is art, so regardless of how an individual perceives it, doesn't make it any less an art. Just because you like certain music that I don't like doesn't make it any less music (or bad music even). And I feel in both of those cases, that puts the meaning not into the person whose being tattoo'd but into the person giving the tattoo - it's original (maybe) and their's: that seems like a whole lot of meaning to me.

Anyways, all I'm saying is the validity of someone getting a tattoo is relative to that person's taste - so arguing whether one reason or another is right or wrong is a circulatory argument.

OT: anyone ever gotten an aperture tattoo? Also, curious as to guesses at average tattoo shop prices?

It definitely depends on what you're getting and where you go to get it done. I'm sure one of the other guys could give you a decent estimate on prices. People I know have gotten them for about $50 for small pieces. Intricacy and size are factors though I would assume. I think the best way to figure it out would be to make a decision on who you want to do it and look at what they've charged in the past or actually go ask them about it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Hmm, that does seem a bit more expensive than I would have guessed. My ex got a text tattoo (a little smaller but also in cursive with a "design" around it) on the inside of her bicep for I think around $70.

I was thinking that the piece I want would be around $400 or so based on very little research but maybe I'm underestimating prices. I have no ink at all, so someone else is probably going to be able to give you a much better answer than I can.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe "to each their own." The previous post by me was just my opinion on what I like in a tattoo, but I respect all tattoos.

But let's get back to OT.

OT: anyone ever gotten an aperture tattoo? Also, curious as to guesses at average tattoo shop prices?

You mean the Aperture Science logo? I've seen several on the internet; they look pretty cool.

As for prices, as Skull said, a lot of factors go into it: size, detail, location being the main ones. The shop and artists are also factors, even the quality of the ink the store uses.

20ap89k.jpg

The above image, was what one of my tattoos was built upon. I included my own modifications, but the basic style was the same. That was on my bicep. Additionally, on the inside of my elbow, along the curve of the arm, I got several brush stroke, caligraphy style lettering and symbols.

All that, is a lot of line work, that had to be carefully faded and detailed. All in all, it cost $240. I think my piece, along with your friends collar bone area, cost what it did, because they are delicate locations: I would imagine the collar bone would hurt quite a bit and thus needs very careful tatto'ing. The bicep didn't hurt much at all, but inner elbow is a bit more sensitive.

2ps0qrn.jpg

Something like the above, I wouldn't imagine would cost you more than a $100.

Also, many artists charge by the hour as well, and would quote a flat rate which they build upon.

ArchangelSignature.jpg

This is like a circle jerk of people that know nothing about tattoos sharing the most horrific advice and acting as if their opinions and thoughts on the topics discussed in here actually have validity.

This is like a circle jerk of people that know nothing about tattoos sharing the most horrific advice and acting as if their opinions and thoughts on the topics discussed in here actually have validity.

That's nice.

3ohyas.jpg

4000.png

ultramus.png

Seeems like this topic always quickly goes from actual tattoo discussions to everyone hating everyone for their views on tattoos. Interesting insight into the tattoo'd community. Lollikerly.

Anyways. Am pretty sure I am gonna at least get my first tattoo this fall at University.

Also: http://somanyfeebs.c...e-have-tattoos/

What you guys are talking about aren't "views" or opinions you're trying to pass them off as actual fact. So it comes down to this fact alone; I know more than you in every single way about this subject. End. Of. Story.

What you guys are talking about aren't "views" or opinions you're trying to pass them off as actual fact. So it comes down to this fact alone; I know more than you in every single way about this subject. End. Of. Story.

How about instead of lording over everyone with your clearly superior views, you correct us without being an [wagon]?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

it's like the lightbulb just came on in forums poster xvertigo's head and he finally realised that while every discussion on the internet is people pretending to know something about anything, the thing missing from this particular tableau is a person being an unbearably smug bellend about it

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

lmao