Tattoo general

monaliza

• 1 month later...

I only have 9 tattoos currently ... any one who is considering getting a tat, just remember that it's perminate, and you may regret getting it later in your life ....

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking into adding something to my tattoo on my wrist, but I dont know what to add to it, its somewhat bothering me.

I am in no way being all like, omg tell me what to get!?!?!?!? by this lol.

at the moment it is just a plain black script of "Freya". I was thinking a flower, but im not too sure. My brother wais to get the patchy bits filled in, but I dont want that. i got it done when She was a couple of months old and carrying her and her playing with it, knocked scabs off and its patchy, but its like she made her mark lol.

I am sure I will figure it out at some point. I need to find a decent tattoo artist in the area first though.

• 4 months later...

Say...What ever happened to you getting that Camera tattoo Felix? (assuming he still browses here)

Im looking at getting a small one on my right wrist in a few months. Already got a general idea what I want.

Popoto.~<3

If I ever get a tattoo, I want it to be this colorful.

tumblr_mkqcq8wzpo1rmyv81o1_r1_500.png

Did Ondrash make that? Looks a lot like his style. Examples:

sRbgzYg.jpg

ZTzY8hs.jpg

XNiyj1k.jpg

miDBCXD.jpg

Yo0WqwQ.jpg

oiZax7l.jpg

ZqANC0l.jpg

Y6irEPH.jpg

ZlhFExt.jpg

Obviously ages very poorly but nonetheless a very cool and creative tattoo style.

2009rb9.jpg

• 2 months later...

So as someone with no tattoos, how would I go about getting someone to design an idea for me? I don't want to go to a tattoo artist and ask them since I probably won't end up getting it, at least for like a year or more. None of my friends are much better artists than I am, although one of my ex's friends has designed a bunch of tattoos and is a fantastic artist, but we never really got along that well.

I could always commission it, but I'm short on cash and I'm not really looking for a final design on anything since once I decide to get it (if I do) I'll just have whoever is going to do it give me a final design. Once I decide to get it I'll be willing to pay pretty much whatever it costs to get what I want, but in the meantime I'm really looking for a no/low cost way to have at least some "concept art" done for me.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

So as someone with no tattoos, how would I go about getting someone to design an idea for me? I don't want to go to a tattoo artist and ask them since I probably won't end up getting it, at least for like a year or more. None of my friends are much better artists than I am, although one of my ex's friends has designed a bunch of tattoos and is a fantastic artist, but we never really got along that well.

I could always commission it, but I'm short on cash and I'm not really looking for a final design on anything since once I decide to get it (if I do) I'll just have whoever is going to do it give me a final design. Once I decide to get it I'll be willing to pay pretty much whatever it costs to get what I want, but in the meantime I'm really looking for a no/low cost way to have at least some "concept art" done for me.

If you have a generic idea of what you want, the tattoo artist should be able to come up with something. I've never met a tattoo artist who wouldn't draw something up. 80% of the time they come up with something better than I had in my head anyways. Rule of thumb, good tattoos are never cheap and cheap tattoos are never good.

4000.png

ultramus.png

Yeah you didn't say if you had an idea of what you want but if you do just have the tattoo artist put something together. It shouldn't cost you anything and it will be better coming from the person who's going to do the ink anyway.

Since this is bumped here's a somewhat blurry pic of the enso I had done two weeks ago:

6b5x.jpg

I did the enso myself and had the artist recreate it. You can't see because of the image quality but he did an amazing job capturing the details. He also warned me they were addicting and he was right. Definitely planning on more in the future, and something bigger.

p2gq.jpg

I don't have an artist to go to as I haven't had any work done (and I haven't researched at all at this point), so likely if I went to a tattoo artist they wouldn't be the one doing the actual inking anyways. I do have an idea, I just want to see my idea in a somewhat higher quality because I want to sit on the idea for a long time to ensure that I like it enough to put it on my body.

However if you guys think that an artist would be willing to sketch something up for me even if I won't be having the tattoo done anytime soon, I guess that's a good place to start. For the time being though I'm going to try to make friends with an artist haha

15cbz0y.jpg

Depending on where you go / your luck, you might have to pay for the Art Consult though. This usually covers part of the tattoo charge though, if you change your mind and decide to get it sooner than you think. But if you find an artist who has a bit of downtime, they're pretty good about working with people to come up with designs.

Getting a tattoo was one of the most unique experiences I've had (my first, and so far only, was just about 10 days ago :D ).

Also, perhaps people here can help you come up with designs too. Just post a general idea of what you were thinking and maybe someone can come up with something!

ArchangelSignature.jpg

I've never met a tattoo artists that does free sketch-ups for strangers. There's a reason the consult meet comes with a 50eur fee, it's to ensure the artist gets at least something out of it should the costumer decide not to get the tattoo. (You'll get the 50eur back once the tattoo is done.)

So yeah, it should at least cost you 50eur. Might be less. or more, depending on the artist. But 50eur is standard.

2009rb9.jpg

I've never met a tattoo artists that does free sketch-ups for strangers. There's a reason the consult meet comes with a 50eur fee, it's to ensure the artist gets at least something out of it should the costumer decide not to get the tattoo. (You'll get the 50eur back once the tattoo is done.)

So yeah, it should at least cost you 50eur. Might be less. or more, depending on the artist. But 50eur is standard.

Obviously you know all that I'm about to write Azvy but I wanted to quote you so you can add on if you feel I missed anything.

Or they'll apply the 50 to the overall price of your tattoo. Fact of the matter is, tattoo artists are glamourized to a degree in a rock star fashion and its' anything but. They're usually responsible for purchasing a lot of their own supplies, paying rent for their spot, etc. So no artist is going to essentially waste a large portion of their time for you to walk out the door and with a design and go to someone down the street to ink it. I suggest if you have an idea of what you want, you decide on a style you want to see it in, then determine artists you would like to have do the tattoo, from that point you can consult with the one you officially want to do the tattoo and pay for them to draw it up.

I've experienced this in freelance design, "Hey I have a few ideas for a logo could you give me a quick couple sketches so I can see it more lifelike," sure for a consultation fee. No offense to you and this is just speaking in generalities but if the person isn't willing to pay that consultation fee up front, they're probably going to be a bastard to get money out of once I do the actual work or won't even follow through with me completing the work.

I would like to clarify that I meant no insult saying it shouldn't cost anything; I figured the best plan would be to have a design done by the same person who did the tattoo and it would therefore be incorporated into the overall price. If you're going to wait before getting it though then yeah expect to be charged. Same goes for anyone who does you a design, tattoo artist or not. The ability to make good art is a skill that isn't given away for free. As an artist myself I have mad respect for tattoo artists (the guy who did mine went to art school and everything) and they should absolutely be compensated for their time.

It's quite maddening to have people ask you to do things for free; I've experienced it myself. Nothing's free, [bleep]es.

EDIT: Personally, if I were a tattoo artist I would appreciate the chance to put as much of myself into a design as possible, rather than just copying a design someone else made. So research and go to an artist.

p2gq.jpg

I think having the artist you're going to have do the tattoo help draw it up is a much better idea than paying someone to draw it and then take it to someone else. That way they have a much better idea of exactly what you want, can help the entire idea grow organically, and ultimately end up with a better tattoo. And considering it's going to be there forever, isn't getting the best one possible the whole idea?

Also this:

http://youtu.be/uYMnAUGFuG0

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

EDIT: Personally, if I were a tattoo artist I would appreciate the chance to put as much of myself into a design as possible, rather than just copying a design someone else made. So research and go to an artist.

+1 - It also becomes much easier for them to do the actual tattoo, since it's also their creation at that point.

Don't let all this intimidate you though; 98% of all tattoo artists you meet are amongst the friendliest of folk (as long as you are to them), and are more than happy to work with you on all aspects of the process - especially if it's your first =)

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Okay, I think I'm going to hold off for now. All I really wanted was for someone to sketch me something a little bit more detailed than what I threw together on my own since I'm no artist. I was planning on going to whichever artist I end up choosing for the real design since I definitely want the person putting it onto my skin to be the person who designed it. I just want to be sure that it's something that I really like before I actually commit to it, especially since I think it's going to end up being a pretty big piece. Which maybe is ill-advised for a first tattoo, but I don't think I'm going to be getting it for at least another year or maybe even two.

So yeah, for now I'm going to work on getting the idea how I want it myself or maybe enlisting the help of a friend if possible. I'm definitely going to get whoever is going to actually do the tattoo to do the final design though.

15cbz0y.jpg

When you do get some sketch ideas, I'd also recommend drawing it on yourself with a pen / sharpie (or have a friend do it, if you can't reach the area), and recolor it when it fades overtime. If you still like it and actually want to keep redrawing it, I'd say you'd be ready to get it done for real :)

I started drawing mine at least two years and after about six months or so, I knew I had hit upon the right idea (I just didn't have enough disposable income to get it at the time).

But yea, good luck! And again, if you'd like our help coming up with the idea, don't hesitate to ask! I'm not a good sketch, but I work with photoshop somewhat and that's how I came up with my design - even allowing me to superimpose it on a picture of the skin area, to see what it would like as an actual tattoo.

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Considering getting a ChiRho as well as the lowercase greek letters Alpha and Omega. I also kind of want to get a sparrow. Placement is the next decision.

Any suggestions for placement for any of these? I was considering the sparrow on my left hand, but who knows about the rest.

Considering getting a ChiRho as well as the lowercase greek letters Alpha and Omega. I also kind of want to get a sparrow. Placement is the next decision.

Any suggestions for placement for any of these? I was considering the sparrow on my left hand, but who knows about the rest.

Do you have any other tattoos and what is the placement of those tattoos if so?