Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Question about cr0wned: how is really pronounced? Because I would think that, since a witch is an old crone, it would be pronounced croned (owned a crone [witch] basically), which is why it reads cr0wned instead of crowned, but people always pronounce it crowned, the crown jewels. And that makes no sense at all.

You've got it right. The rest are morons.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Question about cr0wned: how is really pronounced? Because I would think that, since a witch is an old crone, it would be pronounced croned (owned a crone [witch] basically), which is why it reads cr0wned instead of crowned, but people always pronounce it crowned, the crown jewels. And that makes no sense at all.

When a baby is coming out head first they say that it's crowning. They could thinks it means the the part of the head crown since it's a headshot and all... So it's kinda like a mix of witch, 1337$pe3@k, and body parts.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

When a baby is coming out head first they say that it's crowning. They could thinks it means the the part of the head crown since it's a headshot and all... So it's kinda like a mix of witch, 1337$pe3@k, and body parts.

But they'd still be wrong. Ignorance is no excuse for stupidity. Achievement names are serious business, and I shall not see them mispronounced.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Need advice on completeing campaigns with bots on expert. Those 2 achievements will arguebaly be my hardest, and I got Lamb 2 Slaughter =D. Bots are dumb on expert and can't dodge for their life when facing a tank.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I had an awesome VS. match today. It was the Rooftop Finale on No Mercy and I was the tank. I launched someone from the top of the roof! It was freaking awesome!!! I can't imagine how angry that guy must've felt. :lol:

Had that 2 days ago, in the fourth level of no mercy, I lobbed three people off the roof and cornered the last one, they didn't have a chance :thumbsup:

Headshotcatcher.png

Need advice on completeing campaigns with bots on expert. Those 2 achievements will arguebaly be my hardest, and I got Lamb 2 Slaughter =D. Bots are dumb on expert and can't dodge for their life when facing a tank.

My advice: Play with friends.

Don't do it with random people unless you have lots of patience, as random people often are idiots.

And also, close doors behind you, learn your priorities and PROGRESS IS KEY. A stationary team is a dead one.

Headshotcatcher.png

A stationary team is a dead one.

Not really. Going through the entire 'level' crawling is better than running, and checking each room, while progressing. Hordes will not come three or more times if you've remained in the same spot.

I stationed myself & the bots in the elevator on Dead Air, and I left the game up for two hours and no hordes came after I killed the initial 2 hordes rushing.

A stationary team is a dead one.

Not really. Going through the entire 'level' crawling is better than running, and checking each room, while progressing. Hordes will not come three or more times if you've remained in the same spot.

I stationed myself & the bots in the elevator on Dead Air, and I left the game up for two hours and no hordes came after I killed the initial 2 hordes rushing.

You, my friend are awesome.

Break the Walls down!

The hard part was getting the bots in the elevator, or relatively 'close' to it. Freaking Louis...>.>

Is it just me or is the arm swing + reload, then shoot till out of ammo, then arm swing...etc overpowered? As long as you've got them coming in from one direction, it's extremely easily to fend off as many as you like, as long as you don't run out of primary ammo and you're not using pistols. It's also possible to do it with them coming another direction, but you gotta move your mouse quicker to the sides than the speed of light, lol.

But still, I was in Dead Air with the truck thing, and I was in the right closest past the fence that the truck breaks down, and I was able to survive without any team mates, and then getting totally owned by a Hulk in the luggage thing...if only I had a molotov. >.>

The hard part was getting the bots in the elevator, or relatively 'close' to it. Freaking Louis...>.>

Is it just me or is the arm swing + reload, then shoot till out of ammo, then arm swing...etc overpowered? As long as you've got them coming in from one direction, it's extremely easily to fend off as many as you like, as long as you don't run out of primary ammo and you're not using pistols. It's also possible to do it with them coming another direction, but you gotta move your mouse quicker to the sides than the speed of light, lol.

But still, I was in Dead Air with the truck thing, and I was in the right closest past the fence that the truck breaks down, and I was able to survive without any team mates, and then getting totally owned by a Hulk in the luggage thing...if only I had a molotov. >.>

Yes, melee + closetting is overpowered and cheap. It is, however still a tactic for most on expert levels due to its simplicity. I myself, always find a corner and spam melee whenever I'm covered with boomer bile.

A possible solution to this would be to add a fatigue meter which lowers when running/rushing, shooting and of course meleeing. This would balance out the melee spams.

Break the Walls down!

Just got the akimbo achievement, so annoying to use pistols, lol.

Yea, I'm really surprised there's no 'stamina' sort of thing for sprinting, adrenaline rushes, melee hits, throwing things and such. A lot of the physical stuff could be improved through this stamina thing, but not really be negatively affected as much either, and it would balance stuff out so that the gameplay doesn't become a pattern, even with unique AI.

Like for hordes, it's always get into a room, for tanks it's run backwards and if you don't put fire on him, you guys are going to die. The witch is to be left alone, period.

There's not really any unique gameplay left, because there's general areas to watch out for, and you know how to react to them, there's no fear or risk of not knowing what to do. Ok sure maybe once or twice in a few dozen campaigns you are unsure what you should do, but it's so rare.

Just got my 360 and this today, IT IS AWESOME!

The first encounters with a hunter and a witch freaked me out, and the game keeps you on your toes throughout it. So far i've only beaten the No Mercy campaign on easy (and that idiot Francis had to die in the last 5 seconds, keeping me from that achievment....). I play as Bill, and i've alreay gotten like half the achievments, closing in on the headshot one as well. Very fun game. :twss:

The first encounters with a hunter and a witch freaked me out, and the game keeps you on your toes throughout it. So far i've only beaten the No Mercy campaign on easy (and that idiot Francis had to die in the last 5 seconds, keeping me from that achievment....). I play as Bill, and i've alreay gotten like half the achievments, closing in on the headshot one as well. Very fun game. :twss:

Great, now just add all the rest of the 360 players and hopefully you'll find someone to play with.

some of the name I remember are:

riku3220 (me)

Spleentacular (Lenin)

la noca moscata (Lent)

Arkyheart (Lionheart)

I forgot the others atm :-#

In other news I got a new headset!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Lucky you, my xbox just died today :(

Great, now just add all the rest of the 360 players and hopefully you'll find someone to play with.

some of the name I remember are:

riku3220 (me)

Spleentacular (Lenin)

la noca moscata (Lent)

Arkyheart (Lionheart)

I forgot the others atm :-#

In other news I got a new headset!

No XBL till I can afford a wireless adapter :(

Death Toll stage 3: in the house beyond that tower, where you jump down onto the train, there is a room that you can hide in and nothing can get you (save for a tank, but only because it goes through the door. The door can't be torn down). And, much like the mentioned tank, you can shoot through the door if you get close enough. Good for playing Expert, cheap for anything else.

Just make sure that, if you throw a pipebomb, the door is opened before you throw. Double for molotovs.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Double for molotovs.

Reminds me of when I threw a molotov trying to get it through the door's hole, and it didn't work. Inbetween one of the waves of the horde, I threw another one out (thank you random placing of items), and it landed on a gasoline tank, which went through the door and into our room, killing us all. Great times, especially when we were like a little run to the safe room too!

And today I found out by I'm going to break all the metal detectors at the airport one day in real life. I honestly had never gone through them before jsut by random chance up until today. :wall:

I'm up for it if its not too late. Expert?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif