Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Probably getting the Steam pack tomorrow if I get a chance to withdraw the $150 to pay my dad.Sucks not having a credit card.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm taking a break from the game until I get a new graphics card, as it's just not very much fun to play with the amount of lag I get. I get 10-20 fps usually. It especially feel bad for messing up my team because of the lag, as I know how annoying it is to have someone straggling.

I'm not extremely good with computers, so I'm just assuming a new graphics card would help the problem. Currently I have a radeon x600, 256mb memory.

snowsigyy7.png

I'm taking a break from the game until I get a new graphics card, as it's just not very much fun to play with the amount of lag I get. I get 10-20 fps usually. It especially feel bad for messing up my team because of the lag, as I know how annoying it is to have someone straggling.

I'm not extremely good with computers, so I'm just assuming a new graphics card would help the problem. Currently I have a radeon x600, 256mb memory.

If you still get low fps on single player then get it.Try single for a bit,I was a LOT faster on single than multi.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Go HERE. Select Left 4 Dead from the drop-down menu and click Can You Run It?

Its a java website that will essentially scan your computer to see if you can run a game and then give you a table with what passes and what doesnt compared to the games minimum/recommended requirements. I use it all the time before getting a game.

You can also try lowering the graphic intensity of the game, I tend to always set mine to one level lower than what they recommend [i.e. if they set it to high I manually set it to medium]. I find it helps, anyway.

knkcopy.jpg

Thanks CE. I have the requirements to run it, but my graphics card barely passes the requirement. I made the lag slightly better by lowering the resolution I play on (I already had all the graphics options at low). Now I'm trying to figure out whether I need an AGP or PCI-E graphics card. I opened up my tower to look at the slot, but I can't tell which it is.

snowsigyy7.png

Thanks CE. I have the requirements to run it, but my graphics card barely passes the requirement. I made the lag slightly better by lowering the resolution I play on (I already had all the graphics options at low). Now I'm trying to figure out whether I need an AGP or PCI-E graphics card. I opened up my tower to look at the slot, but I can't tell which it is.

I forgot to add this before, but its worth increasing your paged pool memory. I had a lot of errors with steam games before I did.

Start Menu > Run > regedit

Surf down to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on "PagedPoolSize". Hexadecimal is listed first. Change the "Value Data" to one of these below:

(Note: You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal. They both are the same.)

Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal

192Mb 0c000000 201326592

256Mb 10000000 268435456

384Mb 18000000 402653184

I went with the 384Mb option and it worked perfectly.

Once you are done, make sure you reboot your computer.

I can understand if you dont want to go tampering in your registry, but it made my computer run a lot smoother overall, not just in-game. [i set mine to 384mb, as demonstrated above.]

knkcopy.jpg

Alright, thanks a lot. I'll try that.

Anyway, back on the topic of the game, I was victim of great grab by a smoker today. We were all piling into the elevator on no mercy, and the doors were closing. A smoker suddenly grabbed me from down the hall, and I was pulled out of the doors right as they closed, while my teammates traveled up without me.

Do you guys view hiding in the closet while waiting for the elevator as cheap? We were at the elevator, and I told my team over the microphone to get into the closet. One of them typed out "[bleep] no", and threw a pipe bomb at our feet when we were in there, and a horde was outside. He severely damaged us, then ran out, got pounced by a hunter, while we were being swarmed. We all died, and he said "since that's totally cheap I'll do everything in my power to prevent you guys from using it".

snowsigyy7.png

Whenever my cousin comes over to play L4D, and we're on single co-op "No Mercy Finale" he always insists that we hide in the stupid room (Only available in singleplay) and let the AI fight off the horde. I always get p.o'ed and shotgun the centre of the door to allow easy destruction for the horde.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Do you guys view hiding in the closet while waiting for the elevator as cheap? We were at the elevator, and I told my team over the microphone to get into the closet. One of them typed out "[bleep] no", and threw a pipe bomb at our feet when we were in there, and a horde was outside. He severely damaged us, then ran out, got pounced by a hunter, while we were being swarmed. We all died, and he said "since that's totally cheap I'll do everything in my power to prevent you guys from using it".

What difficulty? If its any less than expert ive never needed to hide in a closet. Then again, I never usually do unless im playing with another decent player. In expert its totally worth using any trick you can to keep safe, regardless of how 'cheap' it may be, at least youre going to survive.

knkcopy.jpg

Cheap? Maybe... But it's a valid tactic. If you were in the zombie apocolypse, you sure as hell would hide in a place where they could only come from one way. But yea, you only really need it on Expert, it works well on Versus too. Whole point of L4D's replayability is to find different strategys and tactics to complete the levels. You can also hide at the other end of the corridor in the room with a few hosipital beds, the wall to the far right (as you walk in) is very handy too, the hordes and bosses will spawn behind there allowing you too shoot them through the wall (you can hear them), though that is a really cheap tactic.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

First run of full version today,by the Sewers (Where I am now) I have Spinal Tap,Blind Luck,and many smoker achievements.I also got Hunter Punter by accident,was going for the mid air headshot with the sniper,forgot it wasn't CounterStrike and used the melee attack.

EDIT:Not Hunter Punter,sorry that's easy.Dead Stop.

EDIT2:As of level 28 of the Hospital,Brain Salad too.Are the achievements that easy?

EDIT3:14/51 including Mercy Killer for the No Mercy Campaign.We got lucky and had a Tankbusters near the end \'

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I told my brother to buy this game. "Nah, it doesn't look that good."

I'm about to punch him. -.-

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

First run of full version today,by the Sewers (Where I am now) I have Spinal Tap,Blind Luck,and many smoker achievements.I also got Hunter Punter by accident,was going for the mid air headshot with the sniper,forgot it wasn't CounterStrike and used the melee attack.

EDIT:Not Hunter Punter,sorry that's easy.Dead Stop.

EDIT2:As of level 28 of the Hospital,Brain Salad too.Are the achievements that easy?

EDIT3:14/51 including Mercy Killer for the No Mercy Campaign.We got lucky and had a Tankbusters near the end \'

Yeah, alot of them are easy. After a while there will only be hard ones left to get, and then they'll come less often.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I did Death Toll but didnt get the achievment annoyingly took us two times on the finaly though.

- 1st time we got a tank just at the end we all kinda left for the truck but i think one of us got knocked down. So we went back and just got killed by everything.

- 2nd time alot more cordinated, we just went for the truck out the window together and i lobbed a pipe bomb id been saving to distract them, as i said didnt get the achievement though

How do you get the witch headshot one? Just blast her in the head before she notices you?

Previous "fatbill" till I lost the password.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working

Figure out where she is,turn away,scope in,THEN go aim her.

I killed her without anyone taking damage (my headshot seemed to miss) but we didn't get no achievement.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

How do you get the witch headshot one? Just blast her in the head before she notices you?

Point blank shotgun to the face seems to be the only way to get it.

I killed her without anyone taking damage (my headshot seemed to miss) but we didn't get no achievement.

Yeah, achievements are still kinda buggy. Ive completed nearly 5 runs with no friendly fire incidents and a few runs by myself with no witch alerts and ive yet to get either of those achievements.

And you will get like half the achievements just from standard runs on all 4 campaigns. I think I got near 20 achievements in my very first run of No Mercy. But now ive only got the 9 hardest left [untouchables, What Are You Trying To Prove?, Nothing Special etc.] and its hard to even get 1 achievement a campaign.

Also, im going to try Blood Harvest Expert again later if anyone wants to help. Its possible, I almost did it with bots the other day but clipped a zombie as I stepped onto the rescue vehicle. Made me rage so damn hard.

knkcopy.jpg

I'm trying out No Mercy and Death Toll mainly,my computer freezes on Dead Air and I keep getting disoriented on Blood Harvest.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Dead Air is my favorite campaign. Blood Harvest is fine, so is Death Toll, but No Mercy just gets...it's a good campaign, but I've played it so many damn times on Versus and Campaign.

By the way, have you guys skinned anything / anybody in the game? I'm a big fan of customization, but there isn't much out. I got...

39871.jpg

l4d-nov11-thirdperson-2.jpg

Third person strangely enough works great in Campaign...but in order to get a far back view (farther back away from the shoulder so you can see behind you) you need sv_cheats 1 on the server, which none have. But this shoulder view works fine.

I love the Zoey skin. Makes her fit into the whole zombie 'pocalypse better. Now I just need something for Louis...

Try FPSBANANA for any skins you need, but the L4D section is pretty damn small now. Though they do have some very funny sprays that you can download, like the safe-house graffiti.

Calvin.jpg

So theyre trying to mod Zoey to look like whats-her-face from HL2? I dont really like it, I much prefer her current red jacket, lets her stand out a lot more during huge hordes. Plus that makes her look sort of prepared, when the whole idea was to make all the characters look like they were caught short of the apocalypse.

And that 3rd person camera looks like it'd make the game far too easy. Theyre called First Person Shooters for a reason.

Im also experiencing a problem, if anyone could help, thatd be fantastic.

Anyway, I can no longer load a game of L4D atall. Whenever I try to create/join a game offline or online the moment I click 'start game' im immediately shown a black screen followed by the usual 'Windows is crap, and your game just crashed, were gonna send a stupid note to microsoft to help etc'. I can - however - still access the main menu. Ive tried restarting my computer, re-downloading the whole game, defragging the game, verifying the game using steam and fiddling with the video options. None of these have worked even partially. Ive not had this problem until now [and I havent deleted anything/changed any settings] so I have no clue as to what started it.

knkcopy.jpg