Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

So anyone know what happened to the 10 new weapons they were raving about in the demo? Will they be patched in or something, or just cut? I hope they do regularly do content patches with maps and campaigns and weapons and infected types and stuff.

There is no new weapons, I hate to burst your bubble but:

3 2nd tier weapons

2 1st tier weapons

Pistol

Duel Pistol

Mini-gun

Molotov

Pipe bombs

Those are the 10, it stinks but it is.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

So anyone know what happened to the 10 new weapons they were raving about in the demo? Will they be patched in or something, or just cut? I hope they do regularly do content patches with maps and campaigns and weapons and infected types and stuff.

There is no new weapons, I hate to burst your bubble but:

3 2nd tier weapons

2 1st tier weapons

Pistol

Duel Pistol

Mini-gun

Molotov

Pipe bombs

Those are the 10, it stinks but it is.

I know there are 10 weapons, but the demo said new weapons in the endvideo, and those were all in the demo. Ah well, I suppose anything else would be kinda superfluous. Got a close-range, mid-range, long-range, so it's all fine and dandy.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Another run, getting me Man Vs Tank and Red Mist and should have gotten Safety First.

[hide=]l4d_hospital03_sewers0004.jpg

Ran waaay ahead of my group [i was where I am while they were still dealing with the horde after the lift] and took down a tank on my own. He got kinda stuck in that narrow passageway.

l4d_hospital05_rooftop0005.jpg

Finale got me Red Mist, 1000 kills with a turret.

l4d_hospital05_rooftop0008.jpg

Ah! 0 friendly fire incidents, thatll get me-

snapshot0010.jpg

LOL JK Goddamn it.[/hide]

knkcopy.jpg

Gonna go for Stand Tall later I think. Should of got it when I got "Unbreakable" (I think that's the name of the achievement, it's the one where you never use a med pack) but I went to bash a tank to get him off a team mate and he sent me across the room and downed me.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Gonna go for Stand Tall later I think. Should of got it when I got "Unbreakable" (I think that's the name of the achievement, it's the one where you never use a med pack) but I went to bash a tank to get him off a team mate and he sent me across the room and downed me.

#-o

You can't bash tanks away -.-

Headshotcatcher.png

I got the game yesterday, and versus mode is really fun. I only got to be the tank once, but I managed to kill all the survivors.

And I have a question about steam accounts, can other people see my steam account name? Or can they only see my nickname?

I got the game yesterday, and versus mode is really fun. I only got to be the tank once, but I managed to kill all the survivors.

And I have a question about steam accounts, can other people see my steam account name? Or can they only see my nickname?

They see your nickname but in the lobby they can view your steam profile, and thus your account name.

Headshotcatcher.png

#-o

You mis-understood, also didn't help I worded it badly.

What I meant is, meleeing a tank 2-3 times will make him target you, allowing your team mate who's being pounded get helped up or just generally saves his life.

#-o

You mis-understood, also didn't help I worded it badly.

What I meant is, meleeing a tank 2-3 times will make him target you, allowing your team mate who's being pounded get helped up or just generally saves his life.

Oh, but anyway I always try to get AWAY from a tank, not get in closer ::'. Don't forget a running survivor coward > a brave dead guy (and tanks die if they don't see survivors for a long time)

Headshotcatcher.png

Oh, but anyway I always try to get AWAY from a tank, not get in closer ::'. Don't forget a running survivor coward > a brave dead guy (and tanks die if they don't see survivors for a long time)

Depends what difficulty, really. You always want to move away from an expert tank, for example, since its essentially a one-hit incap. But on other difficulties you can often take a hit and lure the tank away aswell. But, in most cases, its better to just stand behind it and put all your bullets into it anyway. They generally tend to get angry and follow you even if you just do this.

knkcopy.jpg

In the chat you can also right click on the person and see their alibis.....thus seeing all the names you've ever assumed.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Christ [bleep] I cant do the finale of Blood Harvest on expert. Stupid AI cant do as its told.

Wheres the best place to hold? So far ive tried at the top of the stairs in a room which is pretty good but vulnerable once a tank pops along and the top floor of the barn. Ive preferred the latter as there is ammo and sometimes molotovs there but the AI can be stupid and refuse to follow me up sometimes. Its easy to also lure a tank round while others pelt it with bullets but also quite exposed for smokers. Plus you can quickly jump out for the rescue vehicle. Im tempted to try the other warehouse [on the right of the house] since theres only one door and I dont think any walls can be bashed through.

knkcopy.jpg

Christ [bleep] I cant do the finale of Blood Harvest on expert. Stupid AI cant do as its told.

Wheres the best place to hold? So far ive tried at the top of the stairs in a room which is pretty good but vulnerable once a tank pops along and the top floor of the barn. Ive preferred the latter as there is ammo and sometimes molotovs there but the AI can be stupid and refuse to follow me up sometimes. Its easy to also lure a tank round while others pelt it with bullets but also quite exposed for smokers. Plus you can quickly jump out for the rescue vehicle. Im tempted to try the other warehouse [on the right of the house] since theres only one door and I dont think any walls can be bashed through.

If you're thinking of that white.. hut thing. Fairly sure they can come in from the roof. The best tactic I hear is the kids bedroom in the house, only downside is, it only works really well if you have real team-mates, not the AI. Way it works is 2 people watch the door, and 2 watch the window, when you hear the tank music, you jump out the window, kill him, once down you run back up. The other barn with the ammo up the ladders is a decent spot, but without a good team (and the AI are not a good team, they do not follow orders, or guard 1 spot, they are only good cause they follow you, and don't FF). That spot will be a hard ride with a not so good team, can't imagine it with the AI, unless you all sit in a corner and pray for the best.

I need CROWND, Zombie Genocidalist, Red Mist, and MAN V. TANK.

L4D is awesome. I play as Zoey a lot, so I think I'm either -really- straight or -really- gay. Blood Harvest, I always hang out in the closet in the master suite, then run onto the roof for the tank.

My primary complaints with the game are the lack of weapons (really only 3, subtracting the mounted gun and 'grenades'.) and that Versus mode only applies to NO MERCY and BLOOD HARVEST, with NO MERCY being my favorite. BLOOD HARVEST is just far too hard with player zombies to actually win. DEAD AIR and DEATH TOLL were a LOT of fun to play as survivors. Pity that we can't play as zombies.

My favorite weapons are totally duel pistols, though. After playing Call Of Duty 4 online, I can pretty much pop the 30 rounds into a zombie within 3 or 4 seconds.

If you guys want to play with me, STEAM username is 'Supa Ninja Muffin'. Long joke. ;) I know I'd like to play with you guys.

Calvin.jpg

I need CROWND, Zombie Genocidalist, Red Mist, and MAN V. TANK.

L4D is awesome. I play as Zoey a lot, so I think I'm either -really- straight or -really- gay. Blood Harvest, I always hang out in the closet in the master suite, then run onto the roof for the tank.

My primary complaints with the game are the lack of weapons (really only 3, subtracting the mounted gun and 'grenades'.) and that Versus mode only applies to NO MERCY and BLOOD HARVEST, with NO MERCY being my favorite. BLOOD HARVEST is just far too hard with player zombies to actually win. DEAD AIR and DEATH TOLL were a LOT of fun to play as survivors. Pity that we can't play as zombies.

My favorite weapons are totally duel pistols, though. After playing Call Of Duty 4 online, I can pretty much pop the 30 rounds into a zombie within 3 or 4 seconds.

If you guys want to play with me, STEAM username is 'Supa Ninja Muffin'. Long joke. ;) I know I'd like to play with you guys.

Join the steam group! (TIFourDead)

Also sorry cadbury for killing you earlier today (I didn't know it was you :P ). Me and a friend were playing with another friend who had just bought the game one hour prior - to show him the basics. But somehow I accidentally set the mode to Expert when I set up the game. During the round you joined us we had basically said "screw this, let's just try to run through it and see how far we get" and then we'd play versus afterwards. When we spawned again we all agreed on that the only honorable way to end the campaign was to blow eachothers' heads off. Our team completely dominated in versus though!

2009rb9.jpg

Yeah. Versus can be fun if you have a good enough team. I remember one where my team was infected and it was the second chapter of No Mercy. The way we coordinated was that when they opened the safehouse door, we had a smoker pull one survivor down into the hole. As his teamates on top shot down, we had a boomer vomit on all of them. A horde swarmed the now incapped survivor in the hole while the others dealt with their own horde. A hunter jumped on the survivor in the hole. In a few seconds the three survivors on top got the situation under control, but we had killed a survivor right outside the saferoom door. They managed to limp to the end of the subway tunnel after several more skirmishes on the way, but they were all wiped out before they could get to the generator room.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Yeah, I love it when a plan comes together as Infected, because I think it's the mode where teamwork is most needed to make a dent in the Survivors' health. A Hunter or a Smoker won't do anything substantial as a single unit, Boomers have the ability to put out reasonable hurt if the map allows it, Tanks are able to cope on their own, but having other Special Infected's backup makes things much less annoying/tedious.

A lone survivor can make it quite a long way if they're decent and keep their wits about them, at least until they find a handy closet.

Also, how do the Survivors manage to lock themselves in tiny rooms? xD

I'd play Versus 24/7 if it had all of the Campaign Movies, seeing as it lets you play both sides. Does anyone know if they'll be making them Versusable anytime? Or why they aren't?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Valve will make them usable. You may have noticed that Versus maps are slightly different than Campaign maps (the most notable being the staircase on the back of the main building on the finale of No Mercy. In campaign it's a closed stairwell, on Versus it's more of a fire escape staircase type thing, out in the open. Once they're done making the changes, I'm sure we'll see them.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Its possible to play them with a bit of fiddling, apparently, but its buggy. Hopefully theyll add it soon.

Also sorry cadbury for killing you earlier today (I didn't know it was you :P ). Me and a friend were playing with another friend who had just bought the game one hour prior - to show him the basics. But somehow I accidentally set the mode to Expert when I set up the game. During the round you joined us we had basically said "screw this, let's just try to run through it and see how far we get" and then we'd play versus afterwards. When we spawned again we all agreed on that the only honorable way to end the campaign was to blow eachothers' heads off. Our team completely dominated in versus though!

Oh? Sorry, cant say I was paying huge amounts of attention, I just randomly joined an expert run to see if any stragglers needed help/I could find any. I just didnt realise I hadnt set it to Blood Harvest only.

knkcopy.jpg

I heard that the PC version has 1 additional achievement where you get vomitted by a boomer and is supposed to touch your teamates or something. Wish we had that on the 360 version..

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I heard that the PC version has 1 additional achievement where you get vomitted by a boomer and is supposed to touch your teamates or something. Wish we had that on the 360 version..

What? The only boomer achievements are Clean Kill [push away + kill with no-one getting vomit on them], Barf Bagged [Vomit on all 4 survivors at once as a boomer], Stomach Upset [All survivors complete a whole campaign with no-one getting vomited on] and Blind Luck [Take no damage after being vomited on].

Has anyone else noticed on Expert that Hunters can deal a large amount of damage even if they miss their pounce? Plenty of times ive punched a Hunter as hes about to pounce on me and come off 30hp worse. And I swear zombies can swing at you even when theyre dieing.

knkcopy.jpg

That'd be the Outbreak achievement, Returned. Catch a rare strain of infection and pass it on to someone else. I still don't know how I got it, or how people get it. Is it just random or something?

EDIT - It is a Boomer achievement, of sorts. You need to be vomited on by a Player-controlled Boomer in Versus, who already has the Outbreak Achievement.

[hide=Chicago Ted]Chicago Ted? Chicago Ted? You tellin' me you ain't heard the story of Chicago Ted?

It was real early in the infection, the cities and everything were still gettin' evac'd all regular like, and me and some buddies were tryin' to get out. We were right near the city limits when a whole damn horde of them zombies start comin' down on us. We were holdin' our own real fine, when some damn Smoker jumps outta nowhere and takes Simon - I think he's dead, I haven't seen him since - and one of them Boomers shows up and vomits on me. And that [cabbage] stinks, I tell ya!

So what must've been half the god damned city shows up and starts clawin' at us. We handle 'em real fine, but a god damned, son of a [bleep] Tank shows up! So the Tank's knockin' us around, the Zombies are clawin' at us, and we're as good as dead, right? Just then, outta nowhere, someone throws a pipe bomb with some flashy [cabbage] on it, and the zombies start scramblin' after it! I look around, and there's some bastard runnin' at us, with an automatic shotgun in one hand and a baseball bat with some nails in it in the other! The guy starts blastin' the zombies, and - I [cabbage] you not when I say this, kid - he jumps on top of the [bleep]in' Tank! So the [bleep] is ridin' around on the Tank like it's some god damn rodeo, bashin' it in the face with his bat!! He managed to get us some time, so we all piled into a car and were about to drive off, when I yell out "Hey, buddy, what's your name?"

"It's Chicago Ted," he yells, "and don't you forget it, [bleep]!"

That bastard saved our god damned lives! I tell ya, ain't no zombie safe from Chicago Ted![/hide]

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

What? The only boomer achievements are Clean Kill [push away + kill with no-one getting vomit on them], Barf Bagged [Vomit on all 4 survivors at once as a boomer], Stomach Upset [All survivors complete a whole campaign with no-one getting vomited on] and Blind Luck [Take no damage after being vomited on].

Has anyone else noticed on Expert that Hunters can deal a large amount of damage even if they miss their pounce? Plenty of times ive punched a Hunter as hes about to pounce on me and come off 30hp worse. And I swear zombies can swing at you even when theyre dieing.

Hunters do 20 damage every pounce hit and every swipe on expert.

The PC additional achievement is called: Rare Outbreak, I think, and it's when you get vomited on by a Boomer then run into your friend, therefore making him a target of the Horde too.

Calvin.jpg