Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Versus mode is hilarious. That's all I can say. Easily more fun than GoW2 and CoD5 (yes, I have played them both before you flame me :P) Just a REAL shame you can't play the other 2 campaigns in versus mode yet, Death Toll is amazing, and I am sure Dead Air will be too.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Damn, it seems they have upped the difficulty level by a lot. We're dying left and right in Death Toll on normal now. Could also be because my team is awful I guess... "hurrr we don't need to stay together"

Fun as hell though!

2009rb9.jpg

Oh maan, finally beat Death Toll! :D This is by far the most epic fps I've ever played. The last fight in the cabin, jesus christ! I alone killed 880 zombies. :P

EDIT: I can imagine this being waay more enjoyable with people you know. So hit me up on steam whenever you want to run through a campaign. Alternatively join the group TIFourDead!

2009rb9.jpg

Done Dead Air (on normal) and Blood Harvest (on Advanced), I never did all of Dead Air (missed the first level) so no achievement, but I did do all of Blood Harvest, but again, no achievement, why? Because I died 20 seconds before the end when I did a heroic save on the tank. Gah! Don't see why only people who are alive should get it.

Eitherway, EPIC FUN. For the first time ever in a game I was actually got pretty damn scared right when we doing the Dead Air finale, we already started it and took on the first wave and a tank, and then I heard the epic scream from the horde preparing for the second wave. If you've played the Dead Air finale you know it's pretty open, you have no idea where they are going to come from, so we're looking around gritting out teeth. Blood Harvest finale we failed twice in a row, then finally got it 3rd time lucky, we hid up in one of the barns you can go upstairs in, tanks were a slight problem in there but we managed, just, we lost 1 person per tank (usually 2-3 tanks per finale). Me being one of those people.

Anyway, most fun I've had in a long time... Time for some Versus mode.

Was browsing the steam forums and found this screenshot:

[hide=]l4ddemhospital01apartmesc4.jpg[/hide]

Anyway, it looks great from what I've seen so far. I doubt I'll get it any time soon, mainly due to the lack of spare time I have at the moment :|

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Damn, it seems they have upped the difficulty level by a lot.

Seconded so much. I cant even seem to complete the 'demo' levels on No Mercy on expert now. Tanks appear waaay more frequently.

Ive completed both No Mercy and Death Toll on advanced and netted myself 18 achievements between them. Im looking to do either the other 2 campaigns on advanced or try No Mercy on expert, god knows how ill clear the finale, I died 6 times on advanced alone.

Versus mode is incredibly fun, just leaping about as a hunter is awesome and then whomping people as the tank is HAHA OH WOW I AM HUGE. If we compare TF2 to the zombies in versus;

Hunter - Scout [WHEEEEEEE]

Smoker - Sniper [if youre not at range, you'll die]

Boomer - Engineer [Huge damage from hordes but takes time]

Tank - EVERYTHING PUT TOGETHER [CRY SOME MORE BABIES]

I managed to OHTK all of my partners by shooting the petrol station while they were under it. MAGGOTS.

knkcopy.jpg

Seconding versus being a ton of fun, haha. Only thing I noticed is that the zombies die real fast in versus mode. :lol: :lol:

Still hunter is a ton of fun.

[edit]

9l7VWgknA-M

Awesome. Looks like it is easy to implement the "Director" into any custom made maps and it will work wonders. Apparently there is a way to play through other levels (like through episode 2) :P

The modding community for this is going to be awesome.

Boomer has 50hp, so it's hit or die. Had and seen some awesome Boomer Moves. I like hiding in the alcoves and puking on them, trying to get the 2 pukes on 1 life achievement, almost had it but messed up on my end :(

One my LOL moments in co-op was on the 3rd map of Dead Air, a boomer was on the airport roof and all of a sudden dropped down and died from the fall right in front of us. AI at it's (lol) best. One tactic that works with the Boomer is getting on a roof in building right above of where the surviors will exit, seen someone get all 4 there many times. He may only have 50hp, but he's deadly, and so damn funny XD

Awesome. Looks like it is easy to implement the "Director" into any custom made maps and it will work wonders. Apparently there is a way to play through other levels (like through episode 2) :P

Haha oh wow, japan.

Boomer has 50hp, so it's hit or die. Had and seen some awesome Boomer Moves. I like hiding in the alcoves and puking on them, trying to get the 2 pukes on 1 life achievement, almost had it but messed up on my end :(

One my LOL moments in co-op was on the 3rd map of Dead Air, a boomer was on the airport roof and all of a sudden dropped down and died from the fall right in front of us. AI at it's (lol) best. One tactic that works with the Boomer is getting on a roof in building right above of where the surviors will exit, seen someone get all 4 there many times. He may only have 50hp, but he's deadly, and so damn funny XD

Ive found some achievements to be buggy. I completed Death Toll but got no achievement for it the first time and ive smacked plenty of hunters in the face when they leap at me but with no achievement. Ive also puked twice on the survivors but didnt get the achievement either. And yeah, if you dont puke when youre a boomer youve wasted a decent spawn. I hope they do something about the long spawn time though, 20 seconds is a bit much.

knkcopy.jpg

Haha oh wow, japan.

Ive found some achievements to be buggy. I completed Death Toll but got no achievement for it the first time and ive smacked plenty of hunters in the face when they leap at me but with no achievement. Ive also puked twice on the survivors but didnt get the achievement either. And yeah, if you dont puke when youre a boomer youve wasted a decent spawn. I hope they do something about the long spawn time though, 20 seconds is a bit much.

20 seconds is to keep it balanced, otherwise it'd be impossible. I wish they would add something like you can play as a common horde, you'd die quick, but it'd pretty funny just to atleast move about and feel like you're playing.

And I have also have problems with achievements. Did all of Death Toll not in one sitting, did 1-4 in one sitting, never did the finale, just did the finale, no achievement. Pissing me off that you have to do them all in one sitting and get to the rescue vehicle alive. I just got the hunter one in single player, lined up the hunter and hit it at the right time, I thought I should of got it ages ago too :\

20 seconds is to keep it balanced, otherwise it'd be impossible. I wish they would add something like you can play as a common horde, you'd die quick, but it'd pretty funny just to atleast move about and feel like you're playing.

And I have also have problems with achievements. Did all of Death Toll not in one sitting, did 1-4 in one sitting, never did the finale, just did the finale, no achievement. Pissing me off that you have to do them all in one sitting and get to the rescue vehicle alive. I just got the hunter one in single player, lined up the hunter and hit it at the right time, I thought I should of got it ages ago too :\

I realise its to keep it balanced, but 20 seconds is still a tad too high, maybe 15. And I wish I could atleast like get into position while it says "YOU ARE DEAD LOOK AT THE SURVIVORS THAT JUST KILLED YOU HAHAHA".

knkcopy.jpg

I have yet to complete a campaign. The one time I almost did, I was nearing the helicopter on top of the hospital, and a tank comes roaring at me, and hits me off the building. It made me RAGE.

LAN party is being planned for this Saturday, with 7 friends+a case of bawls. Nerd heaven.

snowsigyy7.png

Would it be a good idea to get this with the valve package, if I have none of the other games?

IF you can afford it, it's a great package.

@Cadbury, yea 20-30 seconds gets abit boring at times, it can be funny watching what you just caused cause mayem (eg: sitting on the witch and get someone to shoot you :)) But sometimes it gets kinda annoying waiting. Probally won't be long till instant respawn servers are about, which will make Versus impossible, tbh.

I would be playing this today, I love the demo and have been playing it repeatably since it's release. But futureshop/Best buy feel it necessary to DELAY the official release of this game until tomorrow; for whatever reason.

So incompetent,

-website says Release on Nov 17th

-Valve says 18th

-Flier says the 19th..

:roll:

Soooo I can't wait until tomorrow then, was so looking forward to playing this after work. But will have to wait it seems! :shock:

I would be playing this today, I love the demo and have been playing it repeatably since it's release. But futureshop/Best buy feel it necessary to DELAY the official release of this game until tomorrow; for whatever reason.

So incompetent,

-website says Release on Nov 17th

-Valve says 18th

-Flier says the 19th..

:roll:

Um, official release was the 18th world wide on Steam, and the smaller privately owned stores. Big retail chains release it on the 19th, 21st in the EU. They never delayed it :P

So, uh, tanks can definitely smash through the safty door at the start.

My group found a tank early on so we ran back, thinking we could just pick it off through the door. Damned thing just tossed the door aside and destroyed us! :lol:

@Cadbury, yea 20-30 seconds gets abit boring at times, it can be funny watching what you just caused cause mayem (eg: sitting on the witch and get someone to shoot you :)) But sometimes it gets kinda annoying waiting. Probally won't be long till instant respawn servers are about, which will make Versus impossible, tbh.

Yeah, instant is a bit too harsh. Especially if we assume atleast 1 infected will be a boomer. Instant hordes? No thanks. Though I think it should atleast be a lot lower during finales, thats where you want a lot of pressure.

Yeah, sitting on the witch sounds like an awesome Smoker tactic.

It is. Just stand in line with a witch and drag any survivor towards you, chances are youll either pull them close enough to alert the witch or the others will shoot at you and alert her anyway.

So, uh, tanks can definitely smash through the safty door at the start.

My group found a tank early on so we ran back, thinking we could just pick it off through the door. Damned thing just tossed the door aside and destroyed us! :lol:

Yeah, I spawned as a tank at the very beginning of the second level of No Mercy, literally before they even got to the escalators and chased everyone straight back to the 'safety' room.

Also, you can punch cars if youre a tank. My team was completely killed by one as it did that. Tanks are outrageously stronger to what they were on the demo, I swear.

knkcopy.jpg