Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Yeah, the one and only beef people seem to have with the game is the horrendous matchmaking system. What some Valve guy had to say about it:

I'm saying that your case is one we're going to solve, but having a mixed setup is more difficult.

Part of getting this demo out ahead of time was to see what kinds of concerns server administrators had, and we hear what you are all saying.

We have our hands a bit full right now, but we're all talking about what we're going to do to make running a game server something that is worth it for you.

Now more people on my friend's list just need to pre-order it. :P

2009rb9.jpg

For those wanting access to the demo now without having to pre-order:

Umm, I'm sure I'm not the first one to mention this, but I didn't see it in the OP. You can get the demo early without actually pre purchasing the game.

How to obtain a free Left 4 Dead early demo access invite code:

1. Visit GameStops early demo access page from this link.

2. Fill out the Platform, E-Mail Address, First Name and Last Name fields. Leave Transaction ID field empty. Make sure you enter a valid E-mail since your demo access code will be sent to this address.

3. Press submit. You will be greeted with the following message:

Thank You!

Early access to the demo will run from November 6th through November 11th.

Codes will begin being sent out on November 5th.

Congratulations! You just made it into Gamestops Left 4 Dead Early Demo Access. Apparently the transaction ID field is not validated by GameStops system so it does not matter if you pre-ordered the game or not Give some time for the code to arrive in your inbox; it will definitely come.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/l4de ... fault.aspx

sadly the game isn't as scary as they promised me :(

I'm guessing you haven't encountered the witch yet?

*hears a child weeping somewhere in the dark*

"Guys! WITCH!!"

"Turn off your flashlights!"

"TURN THEM OFF!!"

*the entire team hugs the wall, trying to sneak past without grabbing her attention*

Good times.

2009rb9.jpg

It isn't incredibly scarey. Though, playing it on Expert is where the real fun is at. Completed it 3-4 times now on Expert... God damn is it hard. Hoping, praying that there isn't a tank round the corner and you hear one and it's like "ah.. crap...". M16 = good for Expert, allows you to pick them off, but a auto shotty is good for when you get a horde.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Looks good, though I doubt I'll get it for a while. Might have a look at the demo though.

(I just hope source mods get upgraded to use the newer engine even if you haven't bought the game.)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'm so happy this is finally coming out. When they first announced it some friends of mine and I formed a clan, meant for left 4 dead. It got delayed so much we thought we would never be able to actually use the clan.

Anyway, I was kind of hesitant about installing the demo, as it said it was 3GB (Which seemed awfully big for a demo). I only have 17 left, and I might as well just wait for the real game. I'm looking forward to playing as The Hunter the most, I'm hoping my skills from The Hidden: Source might transfer over a little.

snowsigyy7.png

I'm so happy this is finally coming out. When they first announced it some friends of mine and I formed a clan, meant for left 4 dead. It got delayed so much we thought we would never be able to actually use the clan.

Anyway, I was kind of hesitant about installing the demo, as it said it was 3GB (Which seemed awfully big for a demo). I only have 17 left, and I might as well just wait for the real game. I'm looking forward to playing as The Hunter the most, I'm hoping my skills from The Hidden: Source might transfer over a little.

Don't take my word for it, but I think some of the demo files you download will moved over to the L4D folder when you pre-load, or atleast they will be used by the full game. The 360 demo was 1.2gb and the PC was 3.2gb, I don't think they'd make the PC demo over twice as big and then make you download it all over again.

Yes, I suppose so. Anyway, I've just downloaded the demo. I started it up, joined an online game, and everything is rainbow coloured, and I only see black silhouettes for people and zombies.

let's ride the train to happyland! :mrgreen:

you should dl the newest videocard drivers that apply for your videocard, i bet that's the problem

Headshotcatcher.png

I think it was, it's fixed now. The demo is pretty nice, but I doubt it's anywhere near as fun as being the zombies will be. That's what everyone wants to be.

I bought it for the co-op :) Though the versus will be an added bonus and it'll be a blast with friends.

The game is not about being the zombies, it's about surviving cooperatively, and that's where the fun is.

You don't think it would be fun to play as a zombie for a change? :|

I can't decide whether to get this for the 360 or PC. Argh.

Playing as the zombie take the survival horror out of survival horror. You want to be the zombie, Get Stubbs the Zombie. Valve doesn't want you to get infected on purpose just to be the zombie.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The game is not about being the zombies, it's about surviving cooperatively, and that's where the fun is.

You don't think it would be fun to play as a zombie for a change? :|

I can't decide whether to get this for the 360 or PC. Argh.

Playing as the zombie take the survival horror out of survival horror. You want to be the zombie, Get Stubbs the Zombie. Valve doesn't want you to get infected on purpose just to be the zombie.

Yea, but I think I do.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You know, the first time I ran into a witch I was thinking "Hmm, I wonder how scary they are? Everyone seems to think theyre pretty awful." so I be clever and (bearing in mind im playing single player so I dont wind anyone else up) I decide to shoot the crying mess on the floor.

Holy jesus. [bleep] damn [cabbage] [bleep]s.

Why did I do that? Not only did a small house appear under my seat after I had pulled the trigger, she'd also managed to rape my whole team into submission. Seriously.

So I learn. I keep thinking that if I see a witch again, ill just leave her alone. Walk around the side, just so long as I dont startle her. And then;

wiiiitch.png

Very funny, Valve. Veeeery funny.

So, I took the smart option: lobbed a malotov at her and legged it like the limey coward I am.

It didnt work (I hadnt expected it to), but it was great to see my whole team be terrorised by a flaming, screaming banshee.

knkcopy.jpg

CE, they indeed ARE fun :D

you need to get the whole team geared up with hunting rifles, point blank on her head, and shoot on the count of ten.. FLAWLESS VICTORY!

well

theoretcially..

most times we attack her, and she kills one person. only to run off and show her cowardice afterwards :mrgreen:

Headshotcatcher.png

CE, they indeed ARE fun :D

you need to get the whole team geared up with hunting rifles, point blank on her head, and shoot on the count of ten.. FLAWLESS VICTORY!

well

theoretcially..

most times we attack her, and she kills one person. only to run off and show her cowardice afterwards :mrgreen:

Pah, ive yet to play online since its acting up whenever I try to connect. But the AI arent quite as smart as that, they just decide to shoot her some more and agitate her to come back for a second round where the surprise is that she wins every time.

Ive also found very little use of the hunting rifle, ive only used it once or twice down the subway for the entertaining POP of their heads as they fly off the shoulders they were once so attached to. And it fires too slow to be of much use in the melee where you might as well be fending off these zombies with a wet flannel.

And is it just me or do the AI love jumping in front of you when you begin to fire? So many times ive blown that WarVet's brains over the zombies in front of him and yet he just keeps coming back for more. And they arent too good with dealing with a horde while im on the floor since they seem more engrossed in trying to lift me up so I can be thrown straight back down than dealing with the task at hand.

But pipe bomb + large horde = huge lol.

knkcopy.jpg