Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Oh and in case some of you didn't know, if you melee a zombie from behind they die instantly. I first noticed this yesterday...

I just meleed a smoker to death though! :)

2009rb9.jpg

Oh and in case some of you didn't know, if you melee a zombie from behind they die instantly. I first noticed this yesterday...

I just meleed a smoker to death though! :)

I assume thats the point of the 'Spinal Tap' award. And has anyone managed to get the 'Crownd' achievement? Single headshot a witch? Ive done it in 2, but never 1.

And does anyone know if the no healing achievement allows pain pills? I could probably do that if it doesnt.

But I did managed to get the 0 incaps. PROTIP: Dont dally with tanks or witches. Take the sniper and use its range.

[hide=Advanced, 0 incaps.]0incap.gif[/hide]

Still cant do the sewers on No Mercy on expert, though, sewers are a boomers best friend.

knkcopy.jpg

Haven't got Spinal Tap my self, but I did see someone get it in the versus match I just finished. Maybe the zombie has to be one that's just randomly standing, with that said, this was in the finale, doubt there's any helpless zombies in that, could just be a bugged one, as well as the headshotting a hunter while he's pouncing. Those are 2 people are having problems with. Cr0wnd is apparently possible, though.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Haven't got Spinal Tap my self, but I did see someone get it in the versus match I just finished. Maybe the zombie has to be one that's just randomly standing, with that said, this was in the finale, doubt there's any helpless zombies in that, could just be a bugged one, as well as the headshotting a hunter while he's pouncing. Those are 2 people are having problems with. Cr0wnd is apparently possible, though.

It just needs to be a zombie that hasnt seen you yet/been alerted. Just make sure after you hit him you dont shoot him after or its likely that will finish him off.

And I have both of the hunter ones now. Just use the shotgun when it pounces at you, as long as one of the bullets from the slug hits, it'll count. Or you could try to be pro and use the sniper to get it.

I might try an easy mode speedrun to get the pistols-only and no healing [+ no witch/no team damage, if possible] awards tomorrow, seems easy enough, bar perhaps the finale and points where you trigger multiple hordes.

knkcopy.jpg

It just needs to be a zombie that hasnt seen you yet/been alerted. Just make sure after you hit him you dont shoot him after or its likely that will finish him off.

And I have both of the hunter ones now. Just use the shotgun when it pounces at you, as long as one of the bullets from the slug hits, it'll count. Or you could try to be pro and use the sniper to get it.

I might try an easy mode speedrun to get the pistols-only and no healing [+ no witch/no team damage, if possible] awards tomorrow, seems easy enough, bar perhaps the finale and points where you trigger multiple hordes.

Go careful with boomers and you'll be fine.

Having some serious rotten luck in "Versus mode", at least 4 times did our opponents get a tank at the start of the game and at least 4 times did we die directly outside our saferoom.

The AI Director is unfair, my opponent gets like no tank, no witch and minimum spawn of horde while my team gets a witch, tank and countless horde ambushes. I think the Director is programmed to dislike guys with bad connection rate..

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Just bought over steam...this game is all kinds of awesome, especially coming up against a horrible team of survivors when infected. It really shouldn't be possible to KO one from one hunter attack at full health surely. :lol:

A few notes about achievements if you didnt already know;

• [*:3pdb8nzk]Akimbo Assassin [Pistol only] - You cant use the gun turrets either. I accidentally used it during the finale, so I didnt get it.

[*:3pdb8nzk]Unbreakable [No healing] - You can use pills. If youre partner(s) are trying to heal you, switch to your medkit and theyll stop. If you keep holding it theyll give you their pills instead after a while.

[*:3pdb8nzk]Stand Tall [No incap] - Falling off the side of a building because a smoker dragged you/you slipped does not count. (At least it didnt for me, or this may be a glitch)

Achievements are still so glitchy, ive completed Dead Air twice now with no award for it.

knkcopy.jpg

Got Cr0wned. One of the most nerve racking things in L4D I think, running up to a boss that can one hit you with a shotgun. :D

Just spent a few hours (its 2am here...) playing with three mates with mics...I couldn't tear myself away, this really has taken the no1 multiplayer experience spot for me (sorry TF2 :oops:)

Finale of blood harvest, the other team didnt even get out of the saferoom thanks to a boomer drop off the train onto all four of them - cue ravenous horde of zombies + blind shooting, plus team members disappearing from hunters and smokers. They were all in the red before they got back inside, they all heal. 0 medkits left, 0 pain pills.

We work out we can smoker lasso through the gaps in the roof of the train, more pain for the survivors. They finally reload and calm down enough to make a break from the train safe room...and I get control of a tank. It was epic, and I'm now going to play some more :D

I actually don't like playing as a tank. I have a slight lag while playing. It's not enough to really mess up normal play, but it's enough to make hitting people with the tank hard, if they zig-zag a lot. I always hope someone else on my team gets the tank instead of myself.

snowsigyy7.png

ARGH! Finale of Dead Air, all four of us survived, were heading to the plane, and...the frelling server shuts down! RAAAAAAGEEEE

Ew.

Read some finales on expert strategies, they stand in very... Different places, not what I would of done. In Dead Air they stand to the right of a plane with backs up agaisnt the wall, the wall they stand at is to the right of the plane if you're at the back of it facing the tail, means they can quickly spread when the tank comes. No Mercy they sit in a closet with people shoving and people shooting. Actually good strats if your team is half decent.

Also, I belive you can play ANY map in versus, Dead Air and Death Toll too, just they aren't properly supported (you won't see climb points or breakable walls) but it should load up and play fine, they aren't that balanced for it though.

@Returned:You know how much the PC version costs yet?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm sure many of you have seen this already....but this little CAD feature on Left 4 Dead Came out this morning. I think it perfectly sums up many happy little aspects of the game :P :lol:

20081121uv2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Oh...and @Doom. Holy sweet Jesus. 7 DAYS?!!!?! What happens if your internet cuts out? :ohnoes:

But yeah...have fun with that.

Oh, and the price of the PC version is 39.99 USD

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

^Not disputing your info,or being ungrateful,but I asked Returned because we're both Singaporean,and I'd assume with all the shipping and [cabbage] our government would put on it,it might cost slightly more.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

HAHAHA 3 AND A HALF HOURS LATER AND WHATS THAT? OH RIGHT ITS EXPERT COMPLETE.

[hide=15 restarts, 8 deaths, 31 incaps and 20 medkits later..]christjesuswhatthehell.jpg[/hide]

NO LEVEL OR AMOUNT OF OBSCENITY CAN DESCRIBE IT.

[hide=WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME]fffffffff.jpg[/hide]

TANKS [bleep]ING EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Then again, Death Toll - I find - is the easiest campaign.

knkcopy.jpg