Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

We didn't finish. We were at I think the 3rd chapter, the one with the lift. Kept getting tanks in the warehouse, and one of the guys with us made it his life's goal to needlessly disturb every single witch we came across. He didn't have a mic either.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Just got my 360 and this today, IT IS AWESOME!

The first encounters with a hunter and a witch freaked me out, and the game keeps you on your toes throughout it. So far i've only beaten the No Mercy campaign on easy (and that idiot Francis had to die in the last 5 seconds, keeping me from that achievment....). I play as Bill, and i've alreay gotten like half the achievments, closing in on the headshot one as well. Very fun game. :twss:

Great, now just add all the rest of the 360 players and hopefully you'll find someone to play with.

some of the name I remember are:

riku3220 (me)

Spleentacular (Lenin)

la noca moscata (Lent)

Arkyheart (Lionheart)

I forgot the others atm :-#

In other news I got a new headset!

Ah-hem, Returned3 (Returned3)

All I ask for is just some recognition...

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Was that sarcasm? Because I made it through Blood Harvest single player on Normal. Never incapped, either.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I usually play on normal, because I still don't trust myself on higher. I know I can play expert though, I beat expert on the demo easily. Isn't the demo's expert something like the normal game's advanced? I heard someone make that comparison in difficulty.

I do know that witches and tanks would rape me, though. Oh, and I found this. Thought it was funnee.

2uy584i.jpg

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I usually play on normal, because I still don't trust myself on higher. I know I can play expert though, I beat expert on the demo easily. Isn't the demo's expert something like the normal game's advanced? I heard someone make that comparison in difficulty.

I do know that witches and tanks would rape me, though. Oh, and I found this. Thought it was funnee.

2uy584i.jpg

Imagine those storming after you :ohnoes:

Headshotcatcher.png

2uy584i.jpg

Imagine those storming after you :ohnoes:

Even If he turns the light off he's waaaay too close.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Even If he turns the light off he's waaaay too close.

Easy & Normal, if he crouches or walks he could get by.

On advanced he'd have to 'jump' over them and close the door and run away in a very short amount of time. On expert he's screwed.

I notice that easy, normal and advanced are extremely easy compared to Expert. It's like there's 3-4 difficulty settings missing between advanced and Expert. You need at least 3 uber l4d players for Expert to get past the chapters, and you'll need gods luck even then with the finale, and that's only if things go correctly/you're lucky.

For Easy, Normal, and Advanced, I've done easy and normal by myself, and Advanced I've done with only one other person, and we still had no difficulty at all.

Perhaps it's because boomers, smokers & hunters come at the same time in Expert than it's so much more challenging, or that Smokers can grab you from like 50 feet away, or spawn in totally random locations that you'd never expect them to be (No Mercy, finale, it spawned on the side of the building, on a window sill...like seriously?). Either way there's a world of difference between Advanced and Expert. Or is it suppose to be like this? Expert being the totally ridiuclous one that the dev's made for jokes, lol!

I have never had much trouble with expert singleplayer, bots SHRED tanks, but then again I don't have trouble with expert altogether seeing as I mostly lead on kills with 20 to as much as 50 infected and like 5 of each special infected. I always seem to get the least damage on witches and not so high damage on tanks but that's because I'm usually the one being chased.

With expert singleplayer you just need to know that every time you hear a special infected, there are also the other two walking around. (so if you hear a boomer, theres a hunter and smoker for you somewhere too). The best hint i can probably give is always keep a pipebomb on you, just in case you are getting a horde on you at an unfortunate timing.

Headshotcatcher.png

I have never had much trouble with expert singleplayer, bots SHRED tanks, but then again I don't have trouble with expert altogether seeing as I mostly lead on kills with 20 to as much as 50 infected and like 5 of each special infected. I always seem to get the least damage on witches and not so high damage on tanks but that's because I'm usually the one being chased.

With expert singleplayer you just need to know that every time you hear a special infected, there are also the other two walking around. (so if you hear a boomer, theres a hunter and smoker for you somewhere too). The best hint i can probably give is always keep a pipebomb on you, just in case you are getting a horde on you at an unfortunate timing.

Reminds me of when I was playing expert with bots at NM Chapter 2. I saw a boomer rear it's ugly head so I decided to chase it. All of a sudden I got smokered and drag for about 2 seconds before a hunter lunges onto me. Once my botmates free me, the boomer manages to vomit on me and I die to the horde.

Needless to say, I got owned.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I think most of us learned that boomers, smokers & hunters come together at the sametime, but from different directions(usually). I learned that in my first play of Expert.

Molotovs(sp?) are far more useful for anything than pipe bombs are.

Anyone who goes through a campaign slowly or stopping to kill 'crowds' of zombies (2-5) they're not going to do well or will be extremely lucky.

There's three zombie horde attacks that will happen on the finale part in Blood Harvest, andthen the ones to deal with in the actual finale. You can avoid 2/3 of the horde attacks though by running straight to the tractor, don't stop at all.

I have been doing Blood Harvest for the past 4 hours and I got through all of the chapters easily by myself. The finale I can very easily get to the finale part, but at that point it's just a loss.

Anyways:

How to Solo Blood Harvests End Chapter

1. Run from safe house to the Tractor (so the birds fly and attract the zombies (I have yet to find a way around the tractor without disturbing the birds, but I don't think it's possible)).

2. Go to the left side of the cliff (where you fell down), and into that corner. Hopefully your bots came along too. Note run here asa the birds fly, don't run to the tractor aimlessly if they fly away and they come.

3. After this you're home free to the house.

4. For the finale you'll need to hold down the fort up in the second house level. Kill everything beforehand, close all the doors, scout for molotovs or pipe bombs (that you probably won't have anymore, seeing as you'd have ran into a tank already or witch, or needed to use the pipe bomb anyways (though don't use them at all, you should die than use them). Get yourself in the kids room. The tank will most usually get stuck in the window, just make sure all of the guys and yourself are in the kids room. Tip is to close the door and then they'll follow in. Try and put yourself outside the window as much as possible so the tank sees you.

The second tank won't get stuck in the window. For the second tank just run around shooting him but remember to edge closer and closer to the vehicle that comes to pick you up, or you'll be screwed at the end.

Use gasoline and pick them up, but quickly, don't go more than 2 feet from your straight-sprint to pick them up.

Melee the zombies in your way, if you keep going forward and melee they won't fall down and they die easily.

Run backwards if the front is clear, to kill off any following you, though this is the job of the bots.

Use the bots as bait, lol!

But yea the mainpoint is just to run straight to the tractor part. You'll avoid all the other horde events.

You'll most likely run into a tank at these spots:

1. The trains right before the train with the ladder to go up.

2. Inbetween the train & cliff.

3. Below the cliff after you fall down (you'll die 98% of the time if this one happens).

I died most of the time due to number 3 happening, and he'll only 'appear' as you fall down. Though you could potentially glitch by jumping off the rock backwards and then going forward to the right to just make it back onto the cliff. You don't need to touch the ground for the tank to appear though. Tanks appear as you pass a certain 'point'.

Most of the chapters you just run straight to the other safe room while utilizing rooftops, trains, anything you can get to that is higher ground. The secondl ast chapter you run to the barn, go to the roof, then secure the area, then run to the other building, most likely a horde will come, deal with them easily because it's an open area and your bots will be able to turret-fire. Then run to the first house, do whatever in there, or run ot the trains first and get ont top of them. I prefer the house cause there's closests and the chance of items.

After that go to the second house, and make a run for the safe house. More importantly kill your bots if they're below 40hp and have nothing on them. Even with health packs kill them.

Molotovs(sp?) are far more useful for anything than pipe bombs are.

Give one situation without tanks and witches where a molotov is more useful than a pipebomb.

That's right, none, if you throw a pipebomb you are guaranteed to kill most of the zombies in sight and you get an easy shot on those who aren't killed because they seem to get stunned from the blast anyway.

Headshotcatcher.png

Well, if you're in a narrow hallway and also have special infected coming, a molotov is better. They're usually easier to find, too.

Perhaps...but I personally think using moltov's on expert can be one of the biggest mistakes one can make; they can backfire so freaking easily.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!