Should Jagex start taking legal action against bots/rwters/hackers

iamsomebody1

I definitely didn't get that from your first post.

Also, there are 8 combat skills, and 17 other skills.

I hate skillers that complain that they aren't making as much money. They can, just as easily as the rest of us, train their combat skills and do some Nex / Bandos / etc.

I'm fine with you hating everyone..

However, please answer me this: why should doing a certain activity -something which counts for more than half the game- be obsolete for a normal human? - If this was on purpose, why would those skills be added at all, why not making runescape completely combat based, having a steady supply of "goods" into the market (with the GE you won't see any difference between a regular player, a bot or jagex entering goods).. And just remove all those fishing spots, trees, ores, etc etc?

Combat is the only viable thing anyways and runescape is all about combat!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate skillers that complain that they aren't making as much money. They can, just as easily as the rest of us, train their combat skills and do some Nex / Bandos / etc.

However, please answer me this: why should doing a certain activity -something which counts for more than half the game- be obsolete for a normal human? - If this was on purpose, why would those skills be added at all, why not making runescape completely combat based, having a steady supply of "goods" into the market (with the GE you won't see any difference between a regular player, a bot or jagex entering goods).. And just remove all those fishing spots, trees, ores, etc etc?

Because some people find skilling fun. Just because you like something does not mean it should be useful/good money

Runescape would be a very boring game if it literally "just combat"

If you took out all the side skills - it would be pretty [developmentally delayed].

You would kill monsters that would drop:

a.) coin

b.) armor

c.) rune/arrow

So how would you get more arrows/runes? You obviously can't make them magically appear - so you invent ways to put them into the game.

How would you get food to heal when killing monsters? Again - you invent ways to put them into the game.

Plus, the other "side skills" do assist in day to day activities.

High agility = faster routes

High herblore = potions to speed up killing

High fire making = ability to use hand cannons longer

But from all these examples - you can see the majority of these side skills were tailored to help you fight more effectively.

(I'm sure as hell the goal of people leveling herblore isn't to get high herblore so they can make a damned fishing potion)

capt%20kevin.png

Runescape would be a very boring game if it literally "just combat"

If you took out all the side skills - it would be pretty [developmentally delayed].

You would kill monsters that would drop:

a.) coin

b.) armor

c.) rune/arrow

So how would you get more arrows/runes? You obviously can't make them magically appear - so you invent ways to put them into the game.

How would you get food to heal when killing monsters? Again - you invent ways to put them into the game.

Plus, the other "side skills" do assist in day to day activities.

High agility = faster routes

High herblore = potions to speed up killing

High fire making = ability to use hand cannons longer

But from all these examples - you can see the majority of these side skills were tailored to help you fight more effectively.

(I'm sure as hell the goal of people leveling herblore isn't to get high herblore so they can make a damned fishing potion)

And what's the point of getting high combat? Probably to kill better things to earn more money. And what's the point of earning money? To spend on buyables and expensive skills. And whats the point of crafting and smithing? Well it was to make amour for combat. It's meant to all be interacted with neither being prioritized. And i honestly doubt the reason jagex created the firemaking skill was for the sole purpose of using hand cannons longer. And who cares if other skills are connected to combat? That still doesn't mean you should completely degrade other parts of the game just to make one part easier. I don't see why combat is more important, all the skills are weighted equally equally on the high scores, it can't objectively be said to be more fun or interesting than skilling either.

Because some people find skilling fun. Just because you like something does not mean it should be useful/good money

But it deserves to be degraded to where it's completely unrewarding and where the achievement loses its value? People like combat, but just because they like something does not mean it should be useful/good money.

Those big sweat shops of bums over seas

They are people.

So? :rolleyes: Not like they're contributing their lives to society. Why the [bleep] should we care?

Considering they've been reduced to working in a sweatshop, they're probably just trying to stay alive. I don't see how you can refuse to acknowledge them as people just because of that.

Reduced is the problem. Going to school, getting decent grades, listening to parents, helping others,

volunteering to work part time or any of that would of at least put that person in a better position than

working at a lousy sweatshop. I wouldn't acknowledge them as the same as the people who is working hard

and making good money because that wouldn't be fair. I find that any people, who gives in a little effort

can succeed and ATLEAST make a decent living.

Also, sorry about my last post if it sounded a little harsh. I was not in the brightest mood that time.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about sweatshops in third-world countries. Your argument is quite western-centric.

Yes; not reduced, but relegated

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Think of RS as a Chinese Buffet, there is something for everyone. Lo Mein, Chicken with Brockolli, Pizza, Fried chicken etc.

There is something for everyone in RS, personally, I dislike combat training and there fore I have a modest combat level of 91 while my gathering skills are pretty high up.

Just because non combat skills help combat does not make combat more important. The relationship is mutual, combatters need skillers for products to help them fight and skillers need combatters to buy the goods that they make/gather.

Remember that you are all arguing about opinions here, there are no right or wrong answers to "Which is better skilling or combat". Just because you may enjoy combat does not mean that somebody else does, and just because you like skilling does not mean that somebody else does. Calm down and stay on topic, both sets of skills are as important as another and they are included in the game to cater to as many possible consumers as possible.

OT: Jagex has only ever been successful while suing ONE botting company, and have sued a half dozen, AKA its not going to happen folks...

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

imagine non combat skills outside the context of combat - how useful is a rune platebody or a rocktail without there being any combat?

on the other hand - combat can be completely self sufficient. granted you won't be cannoning every task and you won't have potions (if you foolishly consider herblore a noncombat LOL), but you can get your weapons and armor and even food from monster drops.

i'd say that taken individually non combat skills are a lot more useless than combat skills.

What bladewing said is actually the point I'm trying to get across: you don't need skills to aid you in combat anymore.. Most equipment, food and actually everything is (almost) gained as efficiently through combat as it is through skilling.. Meaning skilling becomes completely obsolete apart from "for levels"..

Coupled with the fact skilling IS hurt by bots (I loved wcing... untill getting to a tree was near impossible thanks to bots), what's the point of keeping skills in game.. - As you're all suggesting we need more bots you activelly want to hurt skillers, and you're encouraging them to stop skilling!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Okay well I see we have alot of people defending the botters (how surprising) okay well I just thought they could add something to there TOS that says if you are caught macroing/rwting you could be charged on how much damage you caused to the game. Then both Jagex and real players are happy while the cheating scum finally get what they deserve.

L0l!

it's a game. You can't charge young teens real life money for getting a computer to play a game for them.

Also bots do bring something to the game, you must not realise the scale of botting. How much do you think sharks would be if they wern't botted? Or herbs? Or infinity robes?

Those things take hours in game but cost relatively little because thousands of people bot them.

Jagex realises that there needs to be bots, that's probably why they reduced their punishments.

But then you get the skillers saying, "It's losing me moneys because I fish, woodcut, etc!"

...When really, there's nothing stopping them from coming to Nex, Bandos, or staking like the rest of us.

Or the price of raw materials could skyrocket and skilling could actually make money like it was designed to? And 99's would retain some value?

RuneScape is combat based. It always has been. Those that refuse to accept that and [bleep] about not having as much money deserve it.

Oh, so because you have a low total/high combat it automatically has always been based on combat? Only the last couple years it's been leaning towards a combat game because skillings profits have all been dying because of the bots (I remember when I use to make 1.2m an hr rcing in 2008 now it's 550k an hr max). RuneScape is a sandbox game you have the freedom to do whatever you want and that's why I love it. I personally favor non combat skills to combat ones but I still train slayer every now and then.

372nd to max total level

What bladewing said is actually the point I'm trying to get across: you don't need skills to aid you in combat anymore.. Most equipment, food and actually everything is (almost) gained as efficiently through combat as it is through skilling.. Meaning skilling becomes completely obsolete apart from "for levels"..

Coupled with the fact skilling IS hurt by bots (I loved wcing... untill getting to a tree was near impossible thanks to bots), what's the point of keeping skills in game.. - As you're all suggesting we need more bots you activelly want to hurt skillers, and you're encouraging them to stop skilling!

So you can get more food from monsters these days then from the GE?

Ok so lets say that you dont buy food, but you make it, It's way faster to fish and cook then to get the occasional sea bass from a monster.

i.e You can be completely self sufficient if you have good skill levels and good combat, but you cannot be self sufficient with just combat, combat needs skills to aid it and skills need combat to be useful. That the end of it...

Also, if you dont like bots then go to a foreign world, its not like you need to be able to read to click on a tree and then use quick bank, and the randoms are easy to figure out even in another language. I use the German worlds (140, 147) but the Brazilian worlds work fine too.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Also, if you dont like bots then go to a foreign world, its not like you need to be able to read to click on a tree and then use quick bank, and the randoms are easy to figure out even in another language. I use the German worlds (140, 147) but the Brazilian worlds work fine too.

What is a chocolate bar / bread roll / triangle sandwich in German?

09144a99bb.png

[hide]

Okay well I see we have alot of people defending the botters (how surprising) okay well I just thought they could add something to there TOS that says if you are caught macroing/rwting you could be charged on how much damage you caused to the game. Then both Jagex and real players are happy while the cheating scum finally get what they deserve.

L0l!

it's a game. You can't charge young teens real life money for getting a computer to play a game for them.

Also bots do bring something to the game, you must not realise the scale of botting. How much do you think sharks would be if they wern't botted? Or herbs? Or infinity robes?

Those things take hours in game but cost relatively little because thousands of people bot them.

Jagex realises that there needs to be bots, that's probably why they reduced their punishments.

But then you get the skillers saying, "It's losing me moneys because I fish, woodcut, etc!"

...When really, there's nothing stopping them from coming to Nex, Bandos, or staking like the rest of us.

Or the price of raw materials could skyrocket and skilling could actually make money like it was designed to? And 99's would retain some value?

RuneScape is combat based. It always has been. Those that refuse to accept that and [bleep] about not having as much money deserve it.

[/high]

Oh, so because you have a low total/high combat it automatically has always been based on combat? Only the last couple years it's been leaning towards a combat game because skillings profits have all been dying because of the bots (I remember when I use to make 1.2m an hr rcing in 2008 now it's 550k an hr max). RuneScape is a sandbox game you have the freedom to do whatever you want and that's why I love it. I personally favor non combat skills to combat ones but I still train slayer every now and then.

No, it's because there is literally nothing whatsoever to skills. Most people don't play a game to click for hours to aquire logs. Or skill levels. Most people who play a lot of MMOs choose RS for its PVP and free economy. Not to chop trees for hundreds of hours to make money to click for hundreds of more hours for a skill level. If you enjoy that then thats fine, but people don't PK to make money, they PK for fun.

[hide]

L0l!

[/high]

Wait wait wait... I have a low total? I have a mere 4 99s left. Two of those I can get within 48 hours if I wanted.

As No_M0re said, who joins a game because, "Omg, I can fish and woodcut and mine!"

09144a99bb.png

Ok so lets say that you dont buy food, but you make it, It's way faster to fish and cook then to get the occasional sea bass from a monster.

i.e You can be completely self sufficient if you have good skill levels and good combat, but you cannot be self sufficient with just combat, combat needs skills to aid it and skills need combat to be useful. That the end of it...

the ge is not an item creation machine, it's an item redistribution machine.

if you wanted to collect food for the sake of having food, then yes fishing and cooking is faster. if you want to do combat, you are better off just doing combat because the amount of food you need is zero for everything but the strongest monsters.

you can be self sufficient with just combat. combat does not need skills.

What happens to the people who are honest, and are mis-taken for RWT'ers or botters? Some people have more spare time to play RS, and can be mistook for botters. Or some people can have really generous friends that like to share their money.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

The legal fees will be worth paying since they'll be making a load off em I'm not talking about the regular botters I'm talking about the ones who run 50 bots 24/7 those ppl thats like drug dealing they meet in rs and he walks by and puts 10m in guy pocket and looks away like he didnt do anything

hahahhahahahhaahahahhhaaaha

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

if you wanted to collect food for the sake of having food, then yes fishing and cooking is faster. if you want to do combat, you are better off just doing combat because the amount of food you need is zero for everything but the strongest monsters.

Because everyone in RS is maxed with SS, EEE, and unicorns right.

They could be. Nothing stopping them. That's like when they took extremes and overloads out of PvP. Who cares if someone doesn't have 96 herblore, they have just as much of a chance to get it as anyone.

09144a99bb.png

They could be. Nothing stopping them. That's like when they took extremes and overloads out of PvP. Who cares if someone doesn't have 96 herblore, they have just as much of a chance to get it as anyone.

So lets all get maxed out on goblins because.. hey we dont need food!

And by the way you can set up two tabs of rs, one English, and one German and if a random comes along that requires reading you just log out, switch tabs, log back in and do the random and then switch back to the German world, it all takes maybe 2 minutes max.

To respond to you bladewing.

You have been maxed for so long that you forget how many hits you take even at level 100, the fact is that unless you plan on maxing out on chickens then you need some food. In your "Perfect combat world" you cant cook any food for yourself to be fully combat self sufficient, so how can you TRAIN on any higher level monsters, hell at level 3 one goblin can kill you so you would need food just train from scratch.

And where do you think high level weapons come from Blade, or your high level armors. These things can not be obtained via a pure self sufficient combat player.

Good luck being maxed out with a rune longsword bro because I doubt that you can kill enough abby daemons to get a whip without food or enough Armadyl monsters for an AGS without food etc.

Or try Nexing with no prayer pots bro, thats a genius idea.

In the end, almost any high(er) level combat gear requires somebody with higher level non cmb skills to obtain these items in the first place!

Try training range with now bow or arrows, or melee with no sword and armor!

Oh thats right, we can just kick chickens!

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

this is not about diy, this is about whether or not combat is self sufficient

Well - with the advent of Dungeoneering, "combat" is entirely self-sufficient. :mellow:

nyuseg.png

i have additional accounts that are not maxed :thumbup:

this is not about diy, this is about whether or not combat is self sufficient

Its not though, if you want to combat then you at least need a steady supply of food which cannot be done through just combat.

Therefore, it is NOT self sufficient as a pure combat person would need food sources from other players, or shops.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg