Should Jagex start taking legal action against bots/rwters/hackers

iamsomebody1

Besides it's not even "hard":

I can't remember when I bought food or went to find some armour. Also finding rune armour from monsters is much more easily than creating it yourself (and training for the levels).

But this isn't the point of the topic, the point to discus was the fairness of bots. And there are people who state "they lower prices and if skillers want money they should just come combat". - But with that attittude I ask the question: why leave skilling in the game? - Why not let jagex create a steady supply of "skilling goods" at the ge and just remove all skilling parts from the game to make the game better?

Yeah, try killing monsters that drop rune armor without any weapons above mithril and full steel armor with no food, pots or familiars.

That may be your opinion, but I hate training combat and love skilling, If they removed skilling then many people would quit the game including me and many other people that I know.

As I said already multiple times in this thread, the line of thought I gave here was when thinking in the stance: "bots aren't bad, they give supplies which would otherwise be tiresome to get, and those who skill shouldn't expect decent money and go MHing instead". - I was giving the consequence of that mindset.

You may or may not have that mindset, however IF you have you have to be consistent and also agree that those supplies (which you said bots were beneficial to the community and shouldn't be gathered by legitimate players for profit anyways) can be removed from the game and jagex could just replace those resources with a "steady supply in the ge".

Stop trying to force your OPINION on other people and playing it off like its a commonly known fact.

Then stop taking my post out of context! - I know reading post before my post can be tiresome, but if you quote please do so: I hardly post my statement out of nowhere!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides it's not even "hard":

I can't remember when I bought food or went to find some armour. Also finding rune armour from monsters is much more easily than creating it yourself (and training for the levels).

But this isn't the point of the topic, the point to discus was the fairness of bots. And there are people who state "they lower prices and if skillers want money they should just come combat". - But with that attittude I ask the question: why leave skilling in the game? - Why not let jagex create a steady supply of "skilling goods" at the ge and just remove all skilling parts from the game to make the game better?

Yeah, try killing monsters that drop rune armor without any weapons above mithril and full steel armor with no food, pots or familiars.

That may be your opinion, but I hate training combat and love skilling, If they removed skilling then many people would quit the game including me and many other people that I know.

As I said already multiple times in this thread, the line of thought I gave here was when thinking in the stance: "bots aren't bad, they give supplies which would otherwise be tiresome to get, and those who skill shouldn't expect decent money and go MHing instead". - I was giving the consequence of that mindset.

You may or may not have that mindset, however IF you have you have to be consistent and also agree that those supplies (which you said bots were beneficial to the community and shouldn't be gathered by legitimate players for profit anyways) can be removed from the game and jagex could just replace those resources with a "steady supply in the ge".

Stop trying to force your OPINION on other people and playing it off like its a commonly known fact.

Then stop taking my post out of context! - I know reading post before my post can be tiresome, but if you quote please do so: I hardly post my statement out of nowhere!

I never once mentioned bots in any of my posts.

Second off, anything that you say can be quoted, and you DID suggest that skilling be removed, Im just letting you know that I along with many others would quit easily if skilling were to be removed.

If you dont want things that can be taken in a bad way to be misquoted then dont type them in the first place, and IMO i did not even misquote you.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

No you didn't misquote, the forum software indeed helps you there....

However the reply took the quote totally out of context. - What I said was in reply towards the fact that some people in this thread suggested bots weren't bad, and that skillers shouldn't expect anything in return (basically just "drop"). I'll say this once again (growing tired of repeating the same statement): IF you say this, then why are those items a reward from skilling? - Jagex could just not give those items and give a steady supply of items coming into the ge!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

No you didn't misquote, the forum software indeed helps you there....

However the reply took the quote totally out of context. - What I said was in reply towards the fact that some people in this thread suggested bots weren't bad, and that skillers shouldn't expect anything in return (basically just "drop"). I'll say this once again (growing tired of repeating the same statement): IF you say this, then why are those items a reward from skilling? - Jagex could just not give those items and give a steady supply of items coming into the ge!

So cheating isn't a bad thing because it makes life easier for people that already have large sums of money? Furthermore, cut out non combat skilling and you lose half of the game and TBH most of the players, MMO games that are completely combat oriented get boring FAST. For example, Maplestory, which was not a good game but was passable, had a decent fanbase for around two months until killing things got old and now the game is completely abandoned. Botting was never my argument but I have to say something about your incredibly brilliant plan on how to kill botting. First off, many combat bots exist. Second, in your opinion (maybe not directly stated but heavily implied) you express a huge favoritism to those of the combat group. Why should skillers get the short end of the stick, why is it acceptable that items that skillers make or gather should be dirt cheap while items acquired through combat should be so expensive (relatively of course). Of course combat drops should be more expensive but to the degree that it is? The fact is that raw materials go for such a tiny amount due to botting is acceptable to you due to the fact that you are a combatter, more bots is more convenient to people such as yourself and the fact that you hold yourself above skillers is insane. Every player is equal and should be treated as such in the eyes of Jagex and the fact that skill botting is so acceptable is disgusting, if there were so many combat bots and combat drops became relatively cheap then you would not sit by quietly and say "oh well it brings the prices down so its OK", and neither would I as I believe that every player deserves equal reward for the amount of work that they put in and right now combatters get more reward then deserved and skillers get nothing compared.

in my statement Misquote = taking out of context, didn't feel like writing the whole phrase down a hundred times.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Bots are incredibly annoying and ruin the game for me,since i dont like combat at all,i just skill all the time,but the activities i like,such as mining or woodcutting,are just swarmed with bots,all of them walking in the same damn pattern the livelong day

ARRGGHH :x

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I love all these new[bleep]s with the attention spans of a fly who can't skill for longer than 10 mins w/o falling asleep. This game isn't even grind anymore the skills are so easy to get 99. Try getting 96 rc through abyss before familiars were released then you'll know what grinding really is.

Also i enjoy coming home from a long day of work/school and skill for a couple hours. most of you people complaining about the grinding play way to long it's obviously going to be boring if you play all day.

If this game was combat based there wouldn't be other skills. It's all preference, some play for the combat some play to skill and personally I've found that most pvp players are the most arrogant egomaniacs (not saying all are that way but there are ALOT) in the online world, skillers are much friendlier to me and we can actually have an intelligent conversation

372nd to max total level

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I still don't really believe that every one of these bots are actually selling money to people. There has to be well over 200,000 bots... I can't imagine that many people are buying gold.

I still don't really believe that every one of these bots are actually selling money to people. There has to be well over 200,000 bots... I can't imagine that many people are buying gold.

Lots of botters are old school players who have grown up but want money to play with on RS without spending too much time.

I do wonder though what the percentage of players is. Heard guesstimates of 20-40 percents!!

How is it meaningless? The thread title says "Should jagex take legal action about bot writers...etc". The link I posted shows information for a lawsuit filed by Jagex against a bot writer...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

How is it meaningless? The thread title says "Should jagex take legal action about bot writers...etc". The link I posted shows information for a lawsuit filed by Jagex against a bot writer...

I wouldn't take any of her posts seriously if I were you.

Well that guy got off like Oj did, throw the piece of crap in jail.

372nd to max total level