I just found out.....

JohnTheCop

i am not sure if this is widely known but since astrals and natures have dropped down to 100-150gp ea using fertile soil when farming is just over half the cost of using super compost and takes up much less room. thought this would be good for some people to know if they didnt already.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

I always farmed with it for mage xp when I could afford it, but lately I've been doing it 100% as it is cheaper and seems like it will remain so for a good while yet.

Only thing is: Remember to swap between ur mud/lava/earth staff and the secaturs before u harvest!

Also lunar is by no means an inconvenience to any major farmer. All the normal spell book teleports of use to farming (fally, varrock, lumby, trollheim) can be used via teletabs which save inventory space anyway. Plus cathurby tele > camelot tele and fishing guild tele > skills necklace for ardougne if u lack elite cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

meh I always make my supercompost, its not that hard and 1 batch will last 1.8 runs (flower and herbs only)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

where are the 5 herb patches by the way as a havent farmed in a while -.-

im just starting it up again

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Trollheim then the 4 allotments (fally, cathurby, ardougne and port phasmaytas)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I always farmed with it for mage xp when I could afford it, but lately I've been doing it 100% as it is cheaper and seems like it will remain so for a good while yet.

Only thing is: Remember to swap between ur mud/lava/earth staff and the secaturs before u harvest!

Also lunar is by no means an inconvenience to any major farmer. All the normal spell book teleports of use to farming (fally, varrock, lumby, trollheim) can be used via teletabs which save inventory space anyway. Plus cathurby tele > camelot tele and fishing guild tele > skills necklace for ardougne if u lack elite cape.

Lunar is convenient for farming but not so much for other things.

If you're trying to travel - lunar takes you to very specific places and the selection isn't that good.

Also, it's not fun to have on slayer tasks - I usually go to a task without any runes (maybe fire/nat at most) and by the time I leave - 95% of the time, I'll have the runes for a teleport which is pretty convenient because most of them are close to a bank. If I'm doing hellhounds or something where you don't get any runes - you can just home teleport back.

However, on lunars - home teleport brings you to the island but you still need that diplomacy token thingy-ma-bob.

Also, it's not so bad anymore but before the ROW update - it was annoying as hell if you wanted to get to GE.

IMO, go lunars for farming if

a.) You have 96+ teleport for the teleport to trollheim

b.) You can grind for a long time with something that requires lunars (or doesn't require normal magic rather)

capt%20kevin.png

However, on lunars - home teleport brings you to the island but you still need that diplomacy token thingy-ma-bob.

b.) You can grind for a long time with something that requires lunars (or doesn't require normal magic rather)

bird eye jack lets u bank without token.

Trollheim tele tabs exist.

You can do most skills on lunar easily, the lunar tele themselves have some useful spots. Then between house portals and item teleports you can get anywhere easy peasy.

Unless you need to alch, superheat or need strong combat mage lunar is by far the most productive spellbook to stay on.

Ancients only canafis tele is useful for getting around, which house portals cover.

The entire normal spellbook is covered by house portals and/or teletabs.

So basically on lunar's you have every single transport option open to you.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

bird eye jack lets u bank without token.

Trollheim tele tabs exist.

You can do most skills on lunar easily, the lunar tele themselves have some useful spots. Then between house portals and item teleports you can get anywhere easy peasy.

Unless you need to alch, superheat or need strong combat mage lunar is by far the most productive spellbook to stay on.

Ancients only canafis tele is useful for getting around, which house portals cover.

The entire normal spellbook is covered by house portals and/or teletabs.

So basically on lunar's you have every single transport option open to you.

That makes more sense, I guess I gotta bump up Dream Mentor/Love Story on my to do list

capt%20kevin.png

You can compost after planting a seed with fertile soil but not with regular compost. Lunar probably is better for farming.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Damn half the people who've posted on this topic for covering how epic lunar is and how you can easily survive without all the spells on the normal spell book. I wanted to say that.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

no high alchemy cuts down on your profit/fun from slayer though :P..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Making your own supercompost slows you very down though.

It's only a big deal when farming with jujus.

I like to plant watermelons, limpwurts, whiteberries, and herbs.

It's a decent way to get some exp especially since farming is generally pretty slow.

capt%20kevin.png

no high alchemy cuts down on your profit/fun from slayer though :P..

That's what Explorer's Ring 4 is for:)

But i usually get more than 14 alches a day when i train slayer.....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.