Should the Uber Cape include:

Grimy_Bunyip

191 members have voted

1. 1. Should it?

• Yes to both
    • Yes to just Champions Challenge
    • Yes to just Shattered Hearts
    • No to both

Its content that has no future updates coming to it. Jagex will not add this because its already old content. If they add a new monster champion like they add quests then maybe, but since they don't then no.

Also its been beaten to death about the statue having only a cosmetic reward. Making it a requirement for something makes the cosmetic reward actually useful and Jagex will never do that.

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote no to Champions Challenge, but yes to Shattered Heart.

I voted based on the basis of time and/or luck involved. Champions Challenge is all about luck. Yes the average drop rate tends to be in the 1/5k range, but you could easily go twice that number of kills or more without one. If the challenge were more straightforward in obtaining the scrolls I'd be in favor of it. As it is, it's simply an excuse to tack an arbitrary 500+ hour activity (sorry, distraction) onto a cape. Not in favor.

Shattered Heart takes a long time, but it's in literal time (30 weeks) as opposed to total time. A good player can collect all their rocks within an hour or two each week. Same with court cases - an hour or two's work every week/two weeks over a period of time.

Castle Wars veteran cape would also be a no from me, again from the time standpoint - it's a bogus arbitrary X number of hours. Where does the line fall? I don't know. Chompy hats are somewhere in that gray area.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Just rethought my vote.

Yes to shattered hearts and no to champion scrolls. I didn't know the drop rates were that insane!!

I think they should add more requirements that don't take up too many hours, don't know what because I don't play most parts of RS anymore.

(Had to wiki shattered hearts!)

Even though it burns me to say it, I think it should be added. I think every little challenge should be added. If it's going to be THE endgame cape, it should have requirements to reflect that.

That being said, I need to do champion's challenge.

I think it boils down to things worth experiencing.

Like someone said earlier, true completionism could be defined as 200m all stats.

But you have to draw a subjective line somewhere.

This being said, I consider shattered hearts and champions challenge to be pathetic attempts at content updates.

And beneath even the average rs player.

Hmm, yeah that's true.

Working out from the post Chris L made, he seems to be carefully considering stuff so I'm sure he'll pick out the most important things. All songs does require at least 1 champion challenge anyway.

Yes to both, with a twist.

Completionist Cape as stated in the JMods post.

D&D and Activities get a separate cape (Relaxation Cape?)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Yes to both, with a twist.

Completionist Cape as stated in the JMods post.

D&D and Activities get a separate cape (Relaxation Cape?)

>Defending in BA.

>Relaxing.

No.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If this cape is meant to be a true endgame cape then yes to both.

The more things that get added to the cape, the more unobtainable it seems. By the time it's released, it's going to require that play enough to max twice. (hours)

I don't see the point in an unobtainable cape.

4e0Vn.png

Might as well add profound castle wars armor to it and owning a toy ship as well. There's a difference between a high level update and a [bleep]in [developmentally delayed]ed update. Shoulda just stayed at 99 skills and 120 dungeoneering. Everything else; D&Ds, activies, etc all have their own uses.

Not that I'd ever own the cape anyway, though.

This makes me very mad because rich epic nerds are going to have an item for bragging rights over other players. As if it wasn't enough at places like clan wars with some loser that owns a divine going around saying 'my bank is 1b umad?' or being the only person barraging people while in mystic and acting like a pro. This cape will make these players worse. <_< Bad enough that average and elite players can't even get Nex armor, but anyone who can have this cape or an ely/devine can afford Nex armors, and now they'll get a [cabbage] overpowered cape too. All just for grinding, not skill like getting a Firecape. And yes, I know that takes no skill either, but you know what I mean. Best items should require skill to get.

Yes to all, afterall this is the completionist cape and the person that gets it is the person that masters ever stinking piece of content no matter how long it takes.

Add in the chompy gold hat.

Add in the castle wars profound armour.

Add in a slayer head of each type in your poh.

Add in a ton more stuff that I can't think of.

Plus the requirements would ever evolve like adding on new things like the livid farm content.

It would be the most rarest and awe-inspiring item in runescape that could only be obtained and held for brief periods within the game.

The only problem I see with this is that there is only one player I know that would qualify for it or would get it.

That person is "Castle Wars".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The cape pretty much silly with absolutely every music track.

I guess every content update brings more music into the game. Now lets presume some of these content updates arnt even that quick to unlock all of the music. You could spend a week unlocking the music just for new content to be released with another music track. Think minigames for example. Its not always that quick to unlock all of their music..

There really would be periods were you could only have it for a day or two before losing it again.

Now I would presume they would fix this obvious flaw.. except.. this is jagex and im 100% sure they wouldnt of thought of this problem. It doesnt matter how easy it is to fix it.

And oh btw ever have a holiday or something with a long period away from the game and you have a whole list of music to unlock. Possibly multiple new minigames that take 50 hours to unlock the hardest song.

Thats feasible that you have to complete or largely complete every new minigame that comes out to unlock their songs. Technically feasible scenario. It pretty much comes down to whoever makes the content really and the decisions made.

Anything with music as a requirement without a limit is silly. I dont think having the ability to buy forever once initially unlocked is best option either.

• 2 weeks later...
All just for grinding, not skill like getting a Firecape. And yes, I know that takes no skill either, but you know what I mean. Best items should require skill to get.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that defeating Jad will probably be one of the requirements for the completionist cape

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Not the champion's challenge, that would just end up alienating people that have all the reqs but have other things to do than go around killing stuff like imps and banshees for hundreds of hours.

2480+ total