E3 2011

Demoli

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassin's Creed 3 (hopefully) and Mass Effect 3. Also Skyrim and Diablo 3, I guess.

There is already been a third Assassin's Creed, unless your not counting the last installment.

It's been said that Brotherhood is more of a 2.5 instead of a 3.

priest_wiz.png

@ginger: isn't that the best part of online multiplayer nintendo games? Multiplayer nintendo games are like the church: you can worship/enjoy it all alone, but it truly is better if you join a church for them...

div>

I'm just hoping Microsoft and Sony don't announce anything dealing with new systems for a few more years. I'm not ready to be broke. Nintendo can do whatever they want, I bought into the Wii hype when it first came out and I hated it. I probably have less play time on the Wii than I had with any other console ever produced and I've had most of the older consoles.

Low_C.png

If anything this console generation has taught me:

Console gaming will never be reasonably priced again.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

@ginger: isn't that the best part of online multiplayer nintendo games? Multiplayer nintendo games are like the church: you can worship/enjoy it all alone, but it truly is better if you join a church for them...

There is that aspect and I've argued that against my friends who were Nintendophiles, now 360 converts who ridicule the Wii's online gameplay. Not much chance of someone teabagging or shouting abuse down the microphone on Pokemon, that's for sure. The standard of behaviour is definitely something Xbox could take from Nintendo's book.

We're digressing though. I doubt any of this will be debated at E3, lol.

I'm just hoping Microsoft and Sony don't announce anything dealing with new systems for a few more years. I'm not ready to be broke. Nintendo can do whatever they want, I bought into the Wii hype when it first came out and I hated it. I probably have less play time on the Wii than I had with any other console ever produced and I've had most of the older consoles.

Microsoft just released the Slim. I doubt that they will release a new Console so soon after that.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

If anything this console generation has taught me:

Console gaming will never be reasonably priced again.

So freaking true.

It's a damn shame

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

We really know next to nothing about it, so pawning it off as insignificant is nothing short of console snobbery imo.

The console is insignificant on its own merits because the technology is not current, nor revolutionary. You're arguing about games and your only relevant comparison was that it was equally powerful to current gen systems...whoopie, I already pointed that out myself. >_> Calling it console snobbery just because people aren't impressed with Nintendo's desperate grabs at boosting their own sales since the initial fervor the Wii created started to die down is very...silly. To put it politely. Wii sales have been decreasing ever since 2009 and jump forward to today, and they're not even the top console anymore.

Assassin's Creed 3 (hopefully) and Mass Effect 3. Also Skyrim and Diablo 3, I guess.

There is already been a third Assassin's Creed, unless your not counting the last installment.

I kind of sit on the fence in including Brotherhood in story progression. The only real storyline progression that existed was the last 5 minutes of gameplay.

hzvjpwS.gif

How can you say the console is insignificant when you acknowledge we know nothing about it. That leaves it more open to be revolutionary and significant. The most solid things I have heard about it so far are that it will have more 'regular' controllers than the Wii, but with a 6 inch screen on them with full game streaming. That could be taken as both gimmicky or revolutionary. It's relevant to remember that people lamented the Wii when it was announced and released for being garbage but it has outsold the others, as I say, by a country mile. It has single handedly brought gaming to the masses. It is now considered one of the success stories of recent technology. It is obvious that it's sales would eventually decline, nobody doubt that, it was inevitable, as it is with all consoles.

In short, just because the current console seems insignificant to you, doesn't mean it is to everybody, and that can also count for the next one.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm not discounting it, just that they've said that the major installments come about with a change in setting/character, IIRC.

I think Brotherhood is the 5thish AC installment, anyways. It and the DS games were more about expanding on those settings rather than introducing anything new.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

How can you say the console is insignificant when you acknowledge we know nothing about it. That leaves it more open to be revolutionary and significant. The most solid things I have heard about it so far are that it will have more 'regular' controllers than the Wii, but with a 6 inch screen on them with full game streaming. That could be taken as both gimmicky or revolutionary. It's relevant to remember that people lamented the Wii when it was announced and released for being garbage but it has outsold the others, as I say, by a country mile. It has single handedly brought gaming to the masses. It is now considered one of the success stories of recent technology. It is obvious that it's sales would eventually decline, nobody doubt that, it was inevitable, as it is with all consoles.

Gaming was already in the hands of the masses, this isn't 1995. Let's spare the faux-inspirational speeches, it's starting to sound like a Shigsy speech. It's biggest selling point was it's cheap price. And now, Wii users can thank nintendo for designing short lived money drainers. Meanwhile, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have held steady (if not increased) in sales while Nintendo hurries up to create their newest gaming fad.

And I'll dismiss it as insignificant because its power is underwhelming and things we already have seen, just as people dismissed motion controls on other consoles because we already saw it on the Wii. Hypocrisy, thy name is the Casual Gamer. If there was a 'revolutionary' feature, we would've heard about it already, much like we did when we found out about Wii1's motion controls.

If you're excited for the Wii2, good for you. I like it because it'll bring more competition in Microsoft and Sony's range, finally, and competition is good. But don't go touting it and its predecessor to be some life changing videogame messiah. It wasn't.

Apart from NES>SNES, Nintendo don't do things like normal companies and just produce a sequel console like Sony or Microsoft do. They seem to reinvent themselves every console.

...C'mon now.

hzvjpwS.gif

Gaming was already in the hands of the masses, this isn't 1995. Let's spare the faux-inspirational speeches, it's starting to sound like a Shigsy speech. It's biggest selling point was it's cheap price. And now, Wii users can thank nintendo for designing short lived money drainers. Meanwhile, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have held steady (if not increased) in sales while Nintendo hurries up to create their newest gaming fad.

And I'll dismiss it as insignificant because its power is underwhelming and things we already have seen, just as people dismissed motion controls on other consoles because we already saw it on the Wii. Hypocrisy, thy name is the Casual Gamer. If there was a 'revolutionary' feature, we would've heard about it already, much like we did when we found out about Wii1's motion controls.

If you're excited for the Wii2, good for you. I like it because it'll bring more competition in Microsoft and Sony's range, finally, and competition is good. But don't go touting it and its predecessor to be some life changing videogame messiah. It wasn't.

Apart from NES>SNES, Nintendo don't do things like normal companies and just produce a sequel console like Sony or Microsoft do. They seem to reinvent themselves every console.

...C'mon now.

Firstly, please tell me, apart from the NES to SNES where Nintendo have made a console which is sequel and direct follow up to another.

Secondly, I'm sorry but I massively disagree that gaming was with the masses before the Wii. Young kids, grandparents, adults as well as young adults/teens are masses, young adults/teens alone are not the masses.

It is not the price alone which made it so widespread, it's intuitive controls which could be used by anybody were the main selling point. It wasn't a faster and stronger version of a previous console like Sony and Microsofts efforts, it actually had an impact on the market for games.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Firstly, please tell me, apart from the NES to SNES where Nintendo have made a console which is sequel and direct follow up to another.

..........all of them.

Just because the Wii wasn't named Gamecube 2 does not mean it wasn't a direct continuation of the Nintendo console line. It was the successor as surely as the Xbox 360 was to the Xbox. And, honestly, having a new name for your console does not indicate that you've "reinvented" your console. You've just given it a different name.

Secondly, I'm sorry but I massively disagree that gaming was with the masses before the Wii. Young kids, grandparents, adults as well as young adults/teens are masses, young adults/teens alone are not the masses.

Sorry but a soccer mom playing WiiYoga doesn't count.

The thing that brought gaming to the masses was affordability for home use, taking people out of arcades and into their living room. Even before the Wii/Xbox/PS3, the average age of a gamer was around 30 years old.

It is not the price alone which made it so widespread, it's intuitive controls which could be used by anybody were the main selling point. It wasn't a faster and stronger version of a previous console like Sony and Microsofts efforts, it actually had an impact on the market for games.

Motion controls are about as intuitive as it gets, I'll agree with you. I haven't seen a game outside of the Wii Arcade though that was purely motion driven and successful with it. In most cases, you still have to use joysticks and triggers. So how is that much different than any other console?

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm not discounting it, just that they've said that the major installments come about with a change in setting/character, IIRC.

I think Brotherhood is the 5thish AC installment, anyways. It and the DS games were more about expanding on those settings rather than introducing anything new.

Gotcha, I hadn't played it yet so I was unfamiliar with it's place in the series.

I would agree with Kimberly that the Wii is a continuation of previous Nintendo consoles and the successor of the Gamecube. Just because it's a new innovative device that focuses on motion control. Apart from that functionality, It would share many of the same qualities of past Nintendo gaming consoles.

tFtfA.jpg

Danqua, no offense, but your arguement is sinking faster than the gameboy micro did when it came out. The way nintendo's systems are going seems to follow a method resembling this:

1) New system comes out

2) Nintendo develops 70-ish games for the system (and, using simple statistics, we can determine that 10% of them are actually good)

3) While people are busy putting money into this system, nintendo is busy at work finding 1 flaw to fix/1 thing to add.

4) 1 year after step 1, nintendo releases the new/relatively same system, rendering the old system moot.

Nintendo is greedy, period. Sony/microsoft on the other hand, well, they fix more than 1 flaw/add more than 1 idea when remaking a system (see: ps3 with a bluray player).

div>

I just jumped onto the PS3 bandwagon, so hopefully no news of a new console from Sony for at least a few years... On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to anything too much this E3, news on Diablo III would be the only thing that springs to mind.

I doubt we'll hear new console plans. Maybe from Nintendo but I couldn't see Sony and Microsoft talking about them after pushing this Move and Kinect thing so hard.

Honestly I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is what I don't know yet. It's always exciting to see new stuff announced on the live stream.

Battlefield 3

Ocarina of Time 3DS

Skyward Sword

Perhaps Paper Mario or Starfox

Not really looking forward to MW3, whether it's shown at E3 or not :\ Unless it's got something huge they change in the COD formula I won't get it.

Oh and Silent Hill Downpour! I've read a few interviews from the developers and they know what they're doing. This could be the best Silent Hill since the 3rd :D

wl7w9j.png

I'm not gonna comment too much on the project cafe. The rumoursmake it sound awesome, too awesome imo. I highly doubt they would make something that big after a success with the wii (great success with inferior hardware), but should the rumours be true, it would be one hell of a console. But better safe than sorry, I'm not expecting something too game changing. I'm more looking forward to 3DS stuff.

Im really hoping for Kingdom Hearts 3. JUST SOME GOD DAMN NEWS ON IT PLEASE!

Also, The new Nintendo, imo will onyl take off if they actually get the hardware right with it in terms of both power and compatability. PS2, XBox, PS3, 360 - All of those have had DVD Drives, why the [bleep] did they add a CD ROM drive into the damn Wii?

Popoto.~<3

Nintendo looks lined up to have the biggest pre-E3 hype for the second consecutive year. I didn't think I would ever type that.

Regarding Wii2/Project Cafe: The only way I see this succeeding is if Sony and Microsoft hold to the 10 year cycles they've proposed for the PS3/360. As in, we won't see their successors until ~2015.

The rumors propose that it is more powerful than the PS360. Wow! Guess what? The PS4/720 or whatever will be more powerful than the PS360 as well. It's called console progression. If Sony/Microsoft pop out with their next consoles in 2013, the Wii2's power equality will be rendered moot.

The online service will need a major revamp to be competitive. Somewhere on the level of XBL/PSN. Others have said it best, but if Wii2's online service is similar to what the Wii currently uses Nintendo will be ignored by most, if not all, major online games and players.

That said, I am still a deep Nintendo fanboy at heart and am eagerly awaiting anything they announce.

In general, here's what I'm looking forward to, in no particular order:

The aforementioned Wii2 announement

Skyward Sword...a minor quibble here. If this gets delayed into 2012 and/or shoehorned into Wii2 (a la Twilight Princess) I may go postal on some key Nintendo employees.

First-party 3DS games that are original. OOT looks great, Star Fox 64 will probably be great, but I'm looking for some original stuff. Kid Icarus, for example.

Skyrim...oh god yes.

The Last Guardian. We know a lot about it already, but more info is always great.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

As long as they make the people who bought the Wii upgrade they will do well. Nintendo doesn't have to develop hardware that rivals ps4 and xbox720 and they know it. It will most likely be inbetween next gen and current gen and offer improved motion control to compete with the kinnect and move. The screen in the controller will be a new feature they will advertise and probably knowing nintendo, be their selling point. They will still sell well but I won't buy it.

The only way I would buy from nintendo again is if they focused on an improved Online system and 3rd party dev's.

Low_C.png