E3 2011

Demoli

No one cares about GTA anymore? :sad:

[hide=some juicy stuff]

Looks Like Grand Theft Auto V Has A Child Molester In It

By Luke Plunkett on March 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM

A casting call currently open for publisher Take-Two is asking for somebody to play the role of James Pedeaston in a new game. James Pedeaston being a character from Grand Theft Auto IV. And a pedophile.

The call, which was first published yesterday, is seeking voice actors to play five characters in what is most likely (considering Take-Two is a game publisher) an upcoming video game. Four of them certainly sound like Grand Theft Auto characters, including Samantha (“A young female obsessed with sex parties”) and Anthony (a boy “fighting for the right of young boys to drink alcohol and have sex”).

The fifth is labeled as James Pedeaston (pictured), which was the name of one of the radio show hosts from Grand Theft Auto IV. In that game, he was wanted for child molestation in Malaysia, and was under investigation by the FBI. The listing for this project says that he is a “man-boy love activist who just got released from an Indonesian prison”.

While this isn’t proof it’s the same character, if it wasn’t, that would be one hell of a coincidence.

The next game in the Grand Theft Auto series is yet to be officially revealed, but the more stuff like this gets out, the closer we’ll be getting to that inevitable date.

Sauce

Is Grand Theft Auto V Codenamed Rush? And Are These Its Major Players?

By Michael McWhertor on March 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM

The next Grand Theft Auto game may be heading back to Los Angeles—or its GTA equivalent Los Santos—if rumoured casting details dug up by Google search crackerjack “superannuation” for a project codenamed “Rush” are Rockstar-related.

Casting calls for a project by the name of Rush tied to Take-Two Interactive, which owns Rockstar Games, point to a video game set in the Los Angeles area, one that’s certainly not 2011′s L.A. Noire or the announced but never seen Agent. This appears to be a modern day fiction, with a cast that sounds very much like a broad, memorable group of miscreants, lowlifes and Hollywood stereotypes.

Mobsters, FBI agents, actors, hillbillies and hippies feature prominently in the cast listing that doesn’t mention GTA by name, but sure reads a lot like the multicultural motley crews that feature in Rockstar’s video games.

If accurate and related to Grand Theft Auto V, it would match a rumour put forth by VG247 last year, which tipped a return to the Los Angeles and Hollywood caricatures Los Santos and Hollywood. That locale was last featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which also included Las Vegas and San Francisco-like cities, a game that went on to sell more than 21.5 million copies.

The following casting call comes from talent network The Agency.

Mitch Hayes:

38 – Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.

Miguel Gonzalez:

25 – Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut

Clyde:

23 – Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy “it’s only incest sort of way”

Brother Adam:

Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher – 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.

Mrs Avery:

Neurotic soccer mum, home maker, 48, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbour MRS Bell.

Mrs Bell:

Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. 45. Ugly but comfortable with self.

Eddie:

47 – Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana’s fantastic properties. White, awkward.

Ira Bernstein:

56 – publicist for an actress known as America’s newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He’s always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.

Kevin De Silva:

18 – Albert’s fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Harut Vartanyan:

42-52 years old – Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be [bleep]in and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.

Nervous Jerry:

48 – paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

Calvin North:

55 – clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows – whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false – but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.

Jerry Cole:

53 – disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.

Rich Roberts:

English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work – the only problem is he can’t quite read the words.

Alex:

white 52 yr old loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.

Scarlet:

45-52 years old – unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.

Chad:

29 – pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.

Tae Wong:

39 – somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:

45 – VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss’s dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

sauce

Rockstar Planning To Reveal GTAV, L.A. Noire At E3?

We've heard the rumors about Rockstar's intended slate for E3 but recently, those rumors took a hit when it was suggested that the developer wasn't going to have much of a presence at the show.

But despite this, it seems clear that Rockstar is indeed going to make a big splash: a Twitter update from Nuts Magazine Editor Rory Buckeridge says that the GTA designer has every intention of revealing some big stuff in a few weeks time, and the common belief now is that both Grand Theft Auto V and the long-awaited L.A. Noire will be featured. We shouldn't forget about Max Payne 3, either; if all three titles manage to make the headlines at E3, it will be evident that Rockstar is planning one hell of a fiscal 2010 (provided they all make it this fiscal year, of course). It may be a little early for GTAV but at this point, it's never too early for L.A. Noire, the dark, gritty, sandbox period piece that has been in development for more than a few years. Max Payne 3 is another game we've been waiting on for quite some time; the franchise is almost legendary in the gaming world but has disappeared off the radar since last generation's excellent sequel.

So anyway, look for Rockstar to make some waves in a few weeks time. It's very likely they'll be showing off something you're gonna want...

Sauce

[/hide]

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can't believe some of the Project Cafe bashing. The only thing we have are rumors right now, but if true, would put it way above the PS3 and 360 in power. It seems to be leaving the Wii and motion control focus and going towards establishing great ties with 3rd parties to have a great lineup. The rumored controller is simply-put amazing, and would help out many genres. No way is it going to be insignificant. It's easily my most-anticipated news for e3.

1icyna.png

Ok I guess I'm out of the loop, what's this "project cafe" [cabbage]? I've heard rumors of a new Wii this year but I hear rumors of it every year.

I highly doubt that Nintendo is going to go that balls crazy with a new console. I don't think their primary market really cares about how their games look.

Who knows, maybe its true. I just think it would be a bit odd of Nintendo to do something like that. Even if they have a really powerful system though I'm not sure I can see them getting a lot of good third party support. Nintendo, traditionally, has never had great third party games.

Well there's a ton of rumors going around, but 01net leaked some details that project cafe is the codename to the Wii successor (doesn't seem likely to be branded with the Wii name). I'll post some of the rumors here:

[hide="Rumors]

This is what started everything:

- new system is capable of running games at HD resolutions

- system may either fall short of or surpass 360/PS3 in graphics, but it will be competitive

- Nintendo is already showing publishers the system

- late 2012 launch

- no word on backwards compatibility

- no word on 'Wii' being in the name

- when Nintendo was approached with this information, they were told that Nintendo won't comment on their E3 plans, but "stay tuned"

"Nintendo is doing this one right. [it's] not a gimmick like the Wii." - anonymous source

-codename is "project cafe"

- similar to the architecture of the 360, but a little more powerful

- easy to develop for

- controller has a standard single, 6-inch touch screen (not HD)

- similar to the Dreamcast VMU with ample storage capacity

- still a huge "surprise" about the platform to be revealed at E3

- custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores, a GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1, and at least 512Mb of RAM

- GameCube backwards compatibility as well

- controller has a front-facing camera, D-Pad, two bumpers, two triggers and "possibly more"

- can allegedly be used as a Wii sensor bar

- due out June 2012 in Japan, holiday season elsewhere

- launch titles from third-party developers are in the works right now

- all-new controller

- controller features a built-in HD screen

- Blu-ray as the main optical drive

Some other rumors:

IGN says its significantly more powerful than 360 and ps3.

WIll use the AMD Trinity APU

$300-$350

Rockstar and other third parties have a dev kit; GTA5 launch title

And here's IGN's mockup:

[hide]

how-could-the-wii-2-controller-work-20110415053115064.jpg

[/hide]

And here's another image leaked (probably fake but who knows yet)

[hide]zuH7x.jpg[/hide]

[/hide]

So, basically, we'll find out next week Apr 25/26 during Nintendo's Investor's Meeting (rumored to be announced then with details during e3).

1icyna.png

Ocarina of Time 3DS

It's rumored that they removed the dead hands from the game. So the heartpounding suspense in the shadow temple? The interesting bits of the water temple?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.png

From the few screenshots I've seen, the textures of stone look really great, but the smoothing just looks...god awful to me. I really do think I'm going to pass on this for the release--and it hurts terribly to say that. I love OoT ;_;. Just...don't think I'll be able to get used to a DS adaptation.

Oh and Silent Hill Downpour! I've read a few interviews from the developers and they know what they're doing. This could be the best Silent Hill since the 3rd :D

So long as it's better than Silent Hill Homecoming and at least as good as The Room, I think I'll be satisfied. SH1&2 hold special places in my hearts for their deep storylines, symbolism, and characters. SH3 had some of my favorite soundtracks though.

I'm sad though because I don't think they hired Akira Yamaoka to do Downpour's music. He was the one who did the music for 1-4, and they were some of the best music to be had in videogames. His lack of participation in 5 was one of that game's many...MANY flaws.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's rumored that they removed the dead hands from the game. So the heartpounding suspense in the shadow temple? The interesting bits of the water temple?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.png

From the few screenshots I've seen, the textures of stone look really great, but the smoothing just looks...god awful to me. I really do think I'm going to pass on this for the release--and it hurts terribly to say that. I love OoT ;_;. Just...don't think I'll be able to get used to a DS adaptation.

WHAT NO DEAD HANDS?! I hope that's a rumor, they totally freaked the [cabbage] out of me when I was a kid. Like, re-deads don't even compare.

And I honestly think the graphics look like re-textured OOT graphics.. seriously, the antialiasing is still not even remotely apparent, and the models look really blocky. I like what they did with the colors though, but they don't count for much :l

I actually played with a 3DS for the first time today. I really like the 3D, it's a LOT more subtle than I was expecting. In a good way.

So long as it's better than Silent Hill Homecoming and at least as good as The Room, I think I'll be satisfied. SH1&2 hold special places in my hearts for their deep storylines, symbolism, and characters. SH3 had some of my favorite soundtracks though.

I'm sad though because I don't think they hired Akira Yamaoka to do Downpour's music. He was the one who did the music for 1-4, and they were some of the best music to be had in videogames. His lack of participation in 5 was one of that game's many...MANY flaws.

They already released one song from the game. It isn't too bad.. sounds a lot like the more ambient stuff Akira did. I'm hoping he tries something more risky like the signature songs though, like the Silent Hill 1 theme, Theme of Laura, Room of Angel, etc.

the song

And Project Cafe.. Yeahhh no. I really like my Wii, but if they're JUST NOW surpassing the 360/PS3's graphics and think of that as an accomplishment, then that's honestly hilarious. That hardware is FOUR YEARS OLD!

wl7w9j.png

Project cafe is also pretty unneeded. Don't get me wrong, it'll probably sell, but after the 3ds being released earlier this month, wii2 seems entirely unneeded. Should've waited a year before doing this imo, then we could thoroughly judge the 3ds w/o having to worry about a new system taking over our old one.

div>

I doubt we'll hear new console plans. Maybe from Nintendo but I couldn't see Sony and Microsoft talking about them after pushing this Move and Kinect thing so hard.

Yeah, I highly doubt we still see a new system form sony or microsoft. To be honest we might not hear anything on that for another two years which would actually be good in my opinion.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

My main concern about Project Cafe are the rumours about there being a screen in a GC-style controller. The GameCube bit I'm happy with--I think ergonomically the GC was the best controller of its generation, though maybe this is because I'm 5'0"--but the screen worries me because it'll ramp up the price of new controllers, which definitely makes it seem more 'anti-multiplayer' when games are played on a local network simply because new controllers are less affordable.

I guess we'll have to wait until E3 for Nintendo to confirm this rumour as even being true in the first place, and to prove the benefits outweigh the extra cost.

I'd imagine that a controller with a screen would look something like this.

nintendods.jpg

Obviously without the top screen, as your t.v. would take it's place.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I have read that it may also be used for live streaming of any game you play through the console. Which would basically mean playing a console quality game on a handheld.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I didn't think of that PLR. I can see that being beneficial if you were playing Zelda or something and you had your inventory/maps and stuff on the second screen (being the one on the controller).

I can tell you right now though, I would not want to break one of those controllers. $$$

tFtfA.jpg

It reminds me of a more expensive VMU that the dreamcast had. The VMU was actually pretty baller, couldn't imagine a big touch screen though on a controller. Seems way too bulky.

Wasn't the wii controller originally gonna have something similar? I remember seeing an article a while back that had the current wii remote with a mini-screen at the bottom that'd show details on battery-life/current game progress.

div>

Yeah, i dunno about the screen on the controller. Nintendo likes to keep their hardware cheep enough for a reasonable profit margin, and if rumours are true (which right now are gettign pretty ridiculous9, the controler sounds like a very expensive piece.

About the ridiculous rumours, yeah, I've seen news on GTA 5 being on the Café, it having a lot of 3rd Party support and the screen on said controller to be 1080 resolution, alongside either being 3D or touch screen. Ha, i call BS on most of these.

Edit: I might aswell post some obviosuly photoshopped imagery of the project café.

1303378570183.png

54071.png

Looking forward to a possible Valve announcement. It'd be nice, but who knows.

Left4Dead3 DEFEND THE ISLAND. hurr. XD

They're dead if they announce any other game before they announce Half-Life (episode) 3.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Looking forward to a possible Valve announcement. It'd be nice, but who knows.

Left4Dead3 DEFEND THE ISLAND. hurr. XD

They're dead if they announce any other game before they announce Half-Life (episode) 3.

I concur. I'll take the Gaben.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

To be honest. I wouldn't mind a Left 4 Dead 3.

But then again. Valve, making a trilogy? Hohoho.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

We're barely over L4D2, imo L4D3 will just kill it. And on top of that, imagine all the ragers that would instantly spring up EVERYWHERE due to it's announcement. It seems that everyone is expecting HL2EP3; anything else is gonna disappoint them.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Nintendo announces Wii 2 console

Nothing we didn't already know really. A 2012 release date confirmed (so by Nintendo's standards, 2014 then), preview coming at E3 2011. For those thinking that Project Cafe is about innovation rather than Nintendo resecuring their place in the market need to read the sales figures highlighted at the bottom of the article.

Also, released on the same day, an analysis of Nintendo's future from Daniel Sloan, writer of Playing to Win, a book about Nintendo's change of leadership to Iwata and how the development of the Wii after the GameCube's hardship turned the company's fortunes around: Console wars: Nintendo gears up for gaming's future

No time to read all replies, but I'm hoping for a Jagex announcement on Sailing.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif