E3 2011

Demoli

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to it being a new console? I'm very very disappointed. It has some nice features such as the screen thing but it just seems like a waste. I was expecting something new, not an add-on to the wii.

It's kind of confusing and very strange. Sounds as if it is the console itself, in your hands, which can stream the picture to the TV or the screen in your hands.

EDIT: Lego city stories? Lego GTA my god.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I look at it as a Wii controller combined with I-pad, DS, and the wii controller. It is way too big for it to be comfortable at all. When you play like a golf game, they showed the person looking down on the thing on the ground and it showed the ball in the sand on the screen, then hitting it out with the club. Interesting Idea but I think its a waste of time.

Dakr06.png

I'm continually getting confused. Is the controller the console or is there a separate console which streams the picture to the screen/pad? Their trailers and tech demo looked way too HD to be generated in the pad surely?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I'm continually getting confused. Is the controller the console or is there a separate console which streams the picture to the screen/pad? Their trailers and tech demo looked way too HD to be generated in the pad surely?

I'm pretty sure that thing is just the controller and that there's still a "faceless" console.

priest_wiz.png

I'm pretty sure that thing is just the controller and that there's still a "faceless" console.

Then I am very mixed. New 3rd party games is a definite good thing, especially if EA are bringing their big games. Also very good if as rumour were true, but not established at the conference, it is more powerful than the current Gen. The new ways of playing sound pretty good too, especially the TV-less gaming, which as somebody who's consoles are generally in a family room could come in very handy.

However, the controller looks quite awkward and too square to realistically play a game on. It's the sort of thing you need hands on experience with to know if it would truly work.

zqXeV.jpg

If you have to focus on two screens at once, it could be very awkward.

Didn't people say that about the DS. That didn't sell at all :smile: Kidding.

But it looks as if you will only be 'playing' on one while extra things may be on the other much like the DS, or even nothing at all unless you switch.

zqXeV.jpg

Yeah I want to know how it is to actually hold that controller.

The idea seems neat enough, having a second screen for inventory or something is cool. I just don't know how comfortable that controller would be as a , you know, controller.

I at least got to give it to Nintendo for trying something new.

EA were quite specific with the terminology even if Reggie wasn't: the two letters "HD" were definitely in there. The graphics were comparible to this generation's 360 and PS3.

Several questions unanswered which may be answered over the following days:

• Price: Sony at least gave an American price, Nintendo gave none;
  • Graphics: HD confirmed, but how good specifically will it be?
  • Hardware: What is actually the thing that powers it, it surely can't be a controller.
  • Release date: I didn't hear anything, but the focus seemed to be very much '3DS this year, Wii-U next year'.
  • Extras: The crossbow and all the other add-ons, costly? Price of a second Wii-U controller?

That EA were presenting on Nintendo's behalf is an incredible feat though. Some incredible franchises never seen before on Nintendo for the first time, new SSB announced and (eventually) a sequel to Luigi's Mansion which in my opinion was one the most underrated games on the GameCube. Animal Crossing wasn't announced in the conference but we know it will probably be at this year's E3.

Of course it all depends on how developers make use of the technology to provide a good enough reason for us to buy it but... I'm excited.

I never thought of price. Backwards compatibility with Wii is nice for controllers, but eventually people will want multiple of these controllers. While most console controllers are quite cheap due to the technology not really being inside them, this thing has a lot inside it. Would multiple controllers even be compatible? Nintendo didn't show anybody at all using more than one, all the multiplayer screens were with one and others using Wii controllers.

zqXeV.jpg

For backwards compatibility with the Wii it must also have compability for NGC controllers, surely. It's the standard for SSBB and MKWii so there'll be hell to pay if there isn't multiple controller support for the new SSB title coming.

EDIT: Image on IGN website of the actual Wii U console

CONSOLEInline_1307462236.jpg

Looks the same as the Wii console in terms of style, except the sync button is outside of that 'flap'. Nothing on he frontr to suggest the Infrared bar will be going anywhere soon. Thickness looks to be about one-and-a-half Wiis on top of each other. Might imply there's more "stuff" in there, possible price increase on the Wii's initial tag.

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

Nintendo just produced a console with graphics on par with 5 year old consoles. Is this the best they can do?

Gimmicks only go so far...

Graphics only go so far as well. Today's HD games just tends to plunge further and further into uncanny valley. :wink:

Is it too much to ask that game makers actually make the animations more realistic instead of just making everything look more realistic?

On Nintendo:

Zelda: Great, specially the SS trailler

The new console tease: [bleep] move

3DS: Meh. Super Mario 3DS looked a bit.. wierd, i need to see showfloor gameplay. Kid Ikarus looked amazing. Mario Kart is mario kart. Luigi Mansion: Another meh, allright, but nothing game changing. I was expecting that AC title they announced last year.

WiiU: You thought the name wii was bad? Think again. I ahte this thing's name with all my passion, and the way they announced it it made it look like a wii peripheral. Zelda tech demo looked spectacular though, really jaw dropping. TBH, it would be a horrible reveal if it weren't for all the 3rd parties (Specially Arkham City, Darkstalkers, NG3 and EA with battlefield and all the other franchises).

Last year's was better, but I havent watched sony's show, to those who have, how does it fare against N's?

Sony's was the best IMO.

I'll copy-paste my Facebook post:

Microsoft:

KINECTKINECTKINECTKINECTKINECT HALO! KINECTKINECTKINECTKINECT HALO 4!!!

Nintendo:

Announcing new games for a console that pretty much bombed (3DS). Nintendo iPad that seemed a bit gimmicky. Zelda was cool, but too many new games were remakes.

Sony:

-PS Vita

-Uncharted 3 and Uncharted Vita details.

-inFamous 2

-Sly 4

-Best console version of BF3

-Reasonable price for Vita

Not too many surprises, but Sony had more interesting stuff to show.

Nintendo innovates again. How long until Microsoft and Sony bring out their copies?

Serious question; how is Nintendo being innovative? I haven't really been following the Nintendo conference or their new console so I'm kind of wondering. From what I've seen it's just a Wii HD with some weird controller.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

I...Just want to play video games...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I...Just want to play video games...

I agree with this.

I'm tired of all this gimmicky innovation. I just want to play some damn games traditionally.