Is this grounds for banning for botting

Wkw

Short version: Clicking something with no movement of the mouse.. Think of just pressing 5 with mousekeys

Long version: I have my xbox controller configured as a mouse. When barbarian fishing, I can click once to select low alch, click again to alch a fish, and continue to fish while I watch a video or something, just pressing 1 button over and over to alch

Reason I ask is because assuming macro clicking programs just click the mouse button, and don't move the mouse, I'd be the same thing... but obviously without the macro program CLICKING the mouse.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Their rule is that as long as the number of human inputs equals the number of outputs, you're good.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Short version: Clicking something with no movement of the mouse.. Think of just pressing 5 with mousekeys

Long version: I have my xbox controller configured as a mouse. When barbarian fishing, I can click once to select low alch, click again to alch a fish, and continue to fish while I watch a video or something, just pressing 1 button over and over to alch

Reason I ask is because assuming macro clicking programs just click the mouse button, and don't move the mouse, I'd be the same thing... but obviously without the macro program CLICKING the mouse.

hitting 5 over and over is not grounds for banning its not a bot and its 1 input 1 output

Their rule is that as long as the number of human inputs equals the number of outputs, you're good.

No that is not true, you cannot have one single key do different tasks.

Example of what is not allowed:

Press A, move cursor to right, Press A, Left Click, Press A, Right Click, Press A, move cursor down.

However, it is allowed to do it like this:

Press A, move cursor to right, Press B, Left Click, Press X, Right Click, Press Y, move cursor down.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Press A, move cursor to right, Press A, Left Click, Press A, Right Click, Press A, move cursor down.

Press A, move cursor to right, Press B, Left Click, Press X, Right Click, Press Y, move cursor down.

using mouse keys are aloud

aslong as the human is control the account not a robot, then its okay

1 click = 1 outcome is aloud (which is human control)

1 click = 2+ outcome = not aloud (bot controled)

tenebri.png

he'd be using the same key for the actions regardless

He clicks onnce to click on spell, then once to click on the fish. It'd be the same as clicking the mouse.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

That's considered as botting because you can't use the same key for more than one specific action. However, they can't tell, so go ahead.

Oh, so everyone bots. Did you know that you can left click on monsters to attack them, left click on the bones to pick it up, and left click on food to eat it?

:S

I don't think NikolaiH is aware of how Barbarian fishing works. Iirc, alching doesn't interrupt fishing, so you don't need to re-click the fishing spot. Thus you're able to keep your mouse in one spot, only needing one action.

And if something like this was considered botting, i would have been banned long ago. Since i've have had a gaming pad with my arrow and function keys bound to it. And since i've been using it for years now, i think you're safe.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I don't think NikolaiH is aware of how Barbarian fishing works. Iirc, alching doesn't interrupt fishing, so you don't need to re-click the fishing spot. Thus you're able to keep your mouse in one spot, only needing one action.

You got it mate, my bad :o

But what i said is still true, but it hasn't anything to do with this case tho..

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Mod Jon H:

"07-Jun-2010 17:06:01

Hi all,

I think some of the confusion over whether it's legal/illegal might arise from the fact that there's more than one program out there, doing things that are similar but not always identical.

I've spoken about these programs with Mod Mark L from our macro investigation team.

The basic point is that you're OK as long as you carry out one action on your input device for every action in-game.

"An action" in this context is basically one of two things:

* Moving the pointer

* Clicking on something

We don't really care/need to know what kind of input device you use. Could be a traditional mouse, a trackball, a touchpad, a graphics tablet, a touch screen... or your computer keyboard with mousekeys enabled.

The key thing is that every time you want the on-screen pointer to move somewhere, you must make a movement on/with your input device that exactly corresponds with the on-screen movement. And every time you want to click on something on-screen, you must carry out a click using your device.

MouseKeys is the name for a Microsoft Windows utility that comes with Windows and is usually found in the Accessibility section.

It uses the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys on the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer, and the 5 key (IIRC) to click.

This is fine because it doesn't allow the cursor to jump to a pre-defined spot. So for example, if you want to move the cursor to a point above where it currently is, you need to hold the 'up' key (or press it repeatedly)until the cursor is where you want it.

Some other programs appear similar but they do allow the player to make one keypress that will 'jump' the cursor to a pre-defined spot and then click there. This isn't OK because it's getting multiple actions (move then click) out of one player input.

Mod Mark L: "If it allows a mouse movement and a click with a single key press, then it breaks the one input/one output guideline."

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

The "+" key while using mouse keys is allowed, and that generates 2 outcomes with 1 click.

chrisman638.png

The "+" key while using mouse keys is allowed, and that generates 2 outcomes with 1 click.

You're clicking the + key and the mouse...that's 2 clicks. While not technically a "click", it's 2 inputs.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

You're clicking the + key and the mouse...that's 2 clicks. While not technically a "click", it's 2 inputs.

You dont click the mouse and use 5 or "+" you use one or the other.

The "+" key is 1 imput that has 2 outomes. When you hit the "+" key it would be equal to hitting the mouse twice. Jagex confirmed it is allowed to be used though.

Not sure what you were implying though so this may seem a little random.

chrisman638.png

You're fine. Maybe 3-4 years ago you might want to ask Jagex - but these days...people are getting away with so much more than using their xb controller to alch. (I hope that's not a clever story you came up with up though :unsure: )

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

You need atleast 5 click actions for this so unless you actually click 5 times for every fish, you are botting(spell-fish-move-fish-move).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You need atleast 5 click actions for this so unless you actually click 5 times for every fish, you are botting(spell-fish-move-fish-move).

Uh... no... Have you ever alched?

there is a difference between alching and alching while fishing. You need to re-click the fishing spot every time you alch a fish.

Edit: Apparently, they've recently changed fishing so that you do continue fishing a little after you low alch, but it seemed slower to me than reclicking. Nevertheless, no, such fishing would not be botting.

Well, that's not what I meant. Its very easy to put something in your inventory at the same place the alch spell is, so you can just click without moving your mouse... I assumed that was really widly known to everyone who alched... ever...

Well, that's not what I meant. Its very easy to put something in your inventory at the same place the alch spell is, so you can just click without moving your mouse... I assumed that was really widly known to everyone who alched... ever...

Nothing new here. But before the change, you had to reclick on a fishing spot after alching to keep fishing, thus the need to move your mouse and use 5 clicks. Manually reclicking on the spot does give you a time advantage, though.

there is a difference between alching and alching while fishing. You need to re-click the fishing spot every time you alch a fish.

Edit: Apparently, they've recently changed fishing so that you do continue fishing a little after you low alch, but it seemed slower to me than reclicking. Nevertheless, no, such fishing would not be botting.

You do not need to click on the fishing spot while alching unless you accidentally click alch twice before the first animation ended.

JacTheRipper.png

You dont click the mouse and use 5 or "+" you use one or the other.

The "+" key is 1 imput that has 2 outomes. When you hit the "+" key it would be equal to hitting the mouse twice. Jagex confirmed it is allowed to be used though.

Not sure what you were implying though so this may seem a little random.

I read "+ key and the mouse" for some odd reason, my fault :razz:

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~