Ring of Wealth

z0diark

Has anyone done any research into the new ring of wealth? If so, what were the results, how much better is it than other rings? I'm mainly talking about vs bosses which actually drop decent rare(ish) items rather than on a slayer task for example (although if anyone has data on how useful it is on task I'd be interested to see it).

ichigosig2da4.jpg

For bosses I think the RoW can be substituted for better rings and only works for solos. My friend made 2m from a 189 troll task, but i believe it was luck. So yes the ring is good in the long run. If you weant to keep a berserker on and put on RoW right before you kill the monster i believe it will count as wealth drop.

For most monsters it will increase the amount of gem drops dramatically. I haven't really gotten much of anything else though.

It all goes down to the strength bonus a berserker ring would give (thus finishing each monster faster) compared to the potential extra drops that you can get with the Ring of Wealth.

j0xPu5R.png

For most monsters it will increase the amount of gem drops dramatically. I haven't really gotten much of anything else though.

It all goes down to the strength bonus a berserker ring would give (thus finishing each monster faster) compared to the potential extra drops that you can get with the Ring of Wealth.

I haven't got any statistics or numbers of any kinds, but I can agree with the first part here. The number of gems drops that I have got since the new RoW was brought into the game is much higher than it was before. That and clues are the most of the "rare" items that have got more common since the update, at least in my opinion.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I haven't got any statistics or numbers of any kinds, but I can agree with the first part here. The number of gems drops that I have got since the new RoW was brought into the game is much higher than it was before. That and clues are the most of the "rare" items that have got more common since the update, at least in my opinion.

I've gotten a lot of clues recently with the ring, so it's not just you.

Although, it's not like clues warrant a lot of a reward anyway most of the time. :P

j0xPu5R.png

I've gotten a lot of clues recently with the ring, so it's not just you.

Although, it's not like clues warrant a lot of a reward anyway most of the time. :P

I don't use the ring because it hurts my dps, so I just stick with a zerker. I usually get at least 1 clue per task, so I'm not worried about not getting enough of those.

I get lucky every so often :P

[hide]

RANGERBOOTS.jpg3al.jpg[/hide]

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

there are 4 rings to think about.

RoW as the topic says.

zerker and all the other DKs rings (for the sake of simplicity, lets assume there the same)

ring of life.

explorers ring.

for nearly all combat, any other ring is useless. so this topic really boils down to what ring is best.

explorers ring is very useful but any high level player wouldn't be using it. unless the prayer bonus helps. and even then...

ring of life can also be eliminated, no one will deny its usefulness, but when it is useful, the extra DPS often is not. nearly as useful.

so in RoW vs DKs you have better drops per monster killed or more monsters killed.

I think that overall most people agree that DKs is better. one factor though is getting a DKs is it costs a lot more, and much more after that to get it (i).

one situation where the answer is obvious is Bork. a RoW is better as the extra DPS is more or less useless, and it has a 100% rate on effecting the drops.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Use a berserker ring, swap to your row for the killing blow.

/thread

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

• 4 weeks later...

Either don't use it or swap to it at the end of kills. This applies especially for barrows, only use it to loot the chest.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I would say for serious slayers the Row is useless, even though you might get more clue scrolls and gems. Your dps is much more important since even the smallest amount makes a noticeable difference after several hundred hours of slaying. Though I would like to try the switching, that could prove useful.

Though the misc and ge teleports on the ring are pretty useful, so it might not be a bad idea to use switching, since you can update flips after a task.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

• 2 weeks later...

I bring an onyx ring (i) and a row for solos. I switch the the row right at the end of the kill so I still get some bonuses during the fight and I get the row drop at the end where it matters. However, it took me 285 kills to get a bcp, mind you I haven't got a tassets drop yet, and it took me 150 kills to get a bandos hilt. I've also got 2 bandos boots so far over the course of 294 kills. This is not near a large enough sample size to compare a regular drop rate to a row drop rate. But I feel you can at least take from this, that the the row does not increase the chances of a rare drop dramatically. And here is my drop log btw if you want to look at it. I've used a row on all the kills and the clue scrolls.

http://defiant36rs-pvm.blogspot.com/2011/05/solo-log.html

"A slight increase in the drop chances of many rare items obtained uniquely from Slayer monsters and various bosses that are entirely separate from the rare drop table (for example, sigils from the corporeal beast). The ring glows every time such a creature is killed, as it always has an effect on the likelihood of the unique item being dropped. "