Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

tripsis

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex should release a bot covertly, When people download it, The bot runs for 5 mins, Then drops the bot owners bank :)

Good way around bots when slaying, Go to a non English server, Portuguese are best imo

coolte10.png

Jagex should release a bot covertly, When people download it, The bot runs for 5 mins, Then drops the bot owners bank :)

Good way around bots when slaying, Go to a non English server, Portuguese are best imo

Yes I know it's a good way...but it's absurd that paying and legit players have to hop through circles to enjoy the game.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

What would this help? The bot runners loose nothing, because they didnt spend their time earning the bank.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Huge gold farmers typically write their own scripts. The only way for people to switch over to a bot jagex made (which would be discovered within like an hour of being released) would be to make it even better than bots that are currently out there. I don't see how occupying massive amounts of jagex's time for it to be discovered within at the most a day would solve anything.

On another note, runecrafting bots are pissing me off atm.

I'm not sure about the other skills, but while mining anyone who chases you around and around for over an hour without getting any ores = bot. A real person would start complaining immediately.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

For fishing it's the ones that just kinda chill where the fishing spot used to be for a particular amount of time (generally between 1 to 2 seconds). The ones that stay longer can be assumed to be reading TIF while fishing :thumbsup: and forgot to check back.

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

It's very easy to determine who is botting. You can tell by the gear chiefly, and also by the patterns/behavior. Normal players don't run to the exact same spot 12 times in a row. Obvious bot names, no response, etc.

PM me for fitocracy invite

It's very easy to determine who is botting. You can tell by the gear chiefly, and also by the patterns/behavior. Normal players don't run to the exact same spot 12 times in a row. Obvious bot names, no response, etc.

You can't classify someone as a bot because they don't talk. I never have my public on because I don't want to see the mindless discussions of the general RS population.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

You can't classify someone as a bot because they don't talk. I never have my public on because I don't want to see the mindless discussions of the general RS population.

I meant it only as a detail you can look at to help form an overall picture. Not as a definite bot label.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Slayer is just about impossible on english servers now. Anything that drops bones or ashes is botted to all hell, and some things such as nechryael have no alternative place to kill them. Not to mention if you happen to come across a place to kill a creature as your task, the drops are worth next to nothing because they're being farmed for gold.

Obviously if you have a good bank this isn't a problem since you can just cancel the profitable tasks and use overloads and turmoil and cannon and such to make up the XP loss, but for people like me we're stuck in a financial hole that is tough to get out of thanks to bots lowering prices.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

not to mention powerslaying, and skipping the "profitable" tasks (nechs, spirit mages, blues, abbys) still profits..

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

For the record, I haven't seen/dealt with nech bots in the chaos tunnels.

Bullocks! There are bots in chaos tunnels too. Besides this is a stupid reply, since you can't expect people to wander through the wilderness and take a way longer trip to Nechs because of the bots.

It's not the legit players who should change their behaviour and way of playing. It's Jagex who has to take responsability for the game content they offer and deal with these frikkin goldfarming *$%£ bots ffs!

I'm so tired of the changed attitude around here. Instead of agreeing with the rants, people tend to post smart opinions or stupid replies just to get post count up or to troll the person who rants.

Rants don't need an opinion. People post rants to blow off some air in a positive way rather than flaming around or joining the dark side of botting.

I totally agree with this rant. I got warped turtoises as task and there are minimum two bots per world I tried so far. Even the +1500 total server is crowded by bots. This really has to end...

95% of the oldtimers on my friendslist has quit the game so far. Nice call Jagex with RealWorldTrade eu free trade etc... :shame:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

The reason is people no longer care, and you shouldn't either. It won't change. Runescape is going to die at some point. Might as well get out now.

I still care. I pay a monthly fee for my hobby, so I have the right to complain. Nice pessimism here. Grow up?

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

The reason is people no longer care, and you shouldn't either. It won't change. Runescape is going to die at some point. Might as well get out now.

I still care. I pay a monthly fee for my hobby, so I have the right to complain. Nice pessimism here. Grow up?

Don't agree with his opinion, so you end it with a personal attack?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Bots are never going to be dealt with for a two key reasons:

1). You're obviously contempt with putting up with them. The occasional one or two people quit, but no big deal to jagex. If everyone quit at once they'd be scared into doing something.

2). Membership fees and ad views from bots are just as good as regular players. Jagex will happily take this money and wouldn't dream of ruining their income for 'fairness'.

The only way jagex are ever going to deal with bots is if they start becoming less profitable to the company or more legit players start boycotting the game because of it. But neither of those are going to happen because money is money and you're too addicted to quit.

inb4amgnottruemyfriendwasbanned

Of course the occasional bot gets banned to keep the PR up and look like they're trying, when in reality it would be fairly simple to take out most or all bots. (Swap ID values every few hours, this would mess up all current bots and wouldn't effect regular players other than tiny 20 second updates every few hours)

CNqWHdA.jpg

1). You're obviously contempt with putting up with them. The occasional one or two people quit, but no big deal to jagex. If everyone quit at once they'd be scared into doing something.

2). Membership fees and ad views from bots are just as good as regular players. Jagex will happily take this money and wouldn't dream of ruining their income for 'fairness'.

The only way jagex are ever going to deal with bots is if they start becoming less profitable to the company or more legit players start boycotting the game because of it. But neither of those are going to happen because money is money and you're too addicted to quit.

Of course the occasional bot gets banned to keep the PR up and look like they're trying, when in reality it would be fairly simple to take out most or all bots. (Swap ID values every few hours, this would mess up all current bots and wouldn't effect regular players other than tiny 20 second updates every few hours)

You have no idea how coding works. It seems like an easy thing to do, but it isn't.

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

You have no idea how coding works. It seems like an easy thing to do, but it isn't.

I'm a programmer. I create c#/c++ software and actionscript games for a living, i have some java experience although i admit i'm no expert. Putting a list of all the items/NPCs, assigning them random ID numbers and copy pasting it back into the game would take seconds. You have no idea how coding works. It seems like an easy thing to do because it is an easy thing to do.

Besides, this is just one of many easy things jagex could do to prevent bots that they don't.

1). They have more than enough money to hire a team of dedicated bot finding jmods (I'm sure pmods would do it for free) to just bot bust all day. But no, it's like a annual occurance instead, because it's a publicity stunt.

2). They could simply create a new random every week and replace old ones, it doesn't have to be clever or original, it just has to be effective. This would hinder bots for a while and those that bot regardless would be caught in the random and banned after a while.

3). They could actaully listen to reports instead of ignoring 90% of them >.>

Those are pointless though as the first point is so easy and effective, but those are just some other things that are easy to do that they refuse to do that just came from the top of my head. Now tell me jagex are actually putting effort into stopping bots.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'm a programmer. I create c#/c++ software and actionscript games for a living, i have some java experience although i admit i'm no expert. Putting a list of all the items/NPCs, assigning them random ID numbers and copy pasting it back into the game would take seconds. You have no idea how coding works. It seems like an easy thing to do because it is an easy thing to do.

Besides, this is just one of many easy things jagex could do to prevent bots that they don't.

1). They have more than enough money to hire a team of dedicated bot finding jmods (I'm sure pmods would do it for free) to just bot bust all day. But no, it's like a annual occurance instead, because it's a publicity stunt.

2). They could simply create a new random every week and replace old ones, it doesn't have to be clever or original, it just has to be effective. This would hinder bots for a while and those that bot regardless would be caught in the random and banned after a while.

Those are pointless though as the first point is so easy and effective, but those are just some other things that are easy to do that they refuse to do that just came from the top of my head. Now tell me jagex are actually putting effort into stopping bots.

Dude, if it was that easy they would've done it, lmao. Now, i can't say exactly how they code, but i can assume that there are several points in the game where it checks to see if you have a certain item. Like quests, you need certain items to make an item, get through a door etc etc. Now, you don't just change the list of item id's you also have to change any bit of code that checks for items.

For example, a quest requires that you have a bucket of milk, an egg and flour before continuing. It'll read all the id's in your inventory and check to see if those 3 id's are in there. if you changed the id's with those 3 items without updating the check list for that bit of the quest it wont ever register those items. You know, I could be wrong. They might have a different system, but this is just how I see it.

1) why should they spend money to lose more money

2)that's less time spent on good content, people will complain about new randoms, a bot developer could make a script to get through a random faster then it did for the random to be created

3)Do you even realize how many reports they must get daily? it would take a great deal of people to sift through every report, which is just more money wasted when their automated system does a 'decent' enough job.

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

Dude, if it was that easy they would've done it, lmao. Now, i can't say exactly how they code, but i can assume that there are several points in the game where it checks to see if you have a certain item. Like quests, you need certain items to make an item, get through a door etc etc. Now, you don't just change the list of item id's you also have to change any bit of code that checks for items.

For example, a quest requires that you have a bucket of milk, an egg and flour before continuing. It'll read all the id's in your inventory and check to see if those 3 id's are in there. if you changed the id's with those 3 items without updating the check list for that bit of the quest it wont ever register those items. You know, I could be wrong. They might have a different system, but this is just how I see it.

1) why should they spend money to lose more money

2)that's less time spent on good content, people will complain about new randoms, a bot developer could make a script to get through a random faster then it did for the random to be created

3)Do you even realize how many reports they must get daily? it would take a great deal of people to sift through every report, which is just more money wasted when their automated system does a 'decent' enough job.

You have a valid point about quests and other things confusing items, but once these have been changed and accounted for all into the random number generator then it would be the same forever, so they would only have to put a few days work into it once, and then the system is ready forever.

The only reason they don't do it is because they like bot money and know that legit players and just gonna deal with it, very few actually quit so they don't care how annoyed we get.

1). They *should* do it to improve the game for their players, but they won't.

2). As i said the randoms should be short but efficient, all they'd have to do is teleport the user to an already built location and not allow them to do anything other than answer a question or read a captcha. (This is a 10 minute job for 1 man)

3). This is why they should stop being cheap asses and actually hire some dedicated staff to read reports. It's rediculous that they'll just ignore some reports and take action on others. It's even more rediculous that you, a paying customer, are defending them to do this instead of spending some of their massive profits improving the game.

CNqWHdA.jpg