Combat cape[Topic is no longer necessary]

Dire_Wolf

WTF do we need a poll title for O.o?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Combat cape released?

This is a idea for "Combat cape". I want to see if anyone likes it. VOTE IN POLL!

Combat cape (CB):

Requires :

99 Attack

99 Defence

99 Strength

99 Prayer

99 Magic

99 Summoning

99 Ranged

99 Hitpoints

+ Quests and Diaries tasks related to Fire cape, Soul wars cape, Ava and Ardougne cloak.

Stats?

Same as Completionist cape

Does it have the emotes/look as Comp cape?

No.

Why would it require 120 Dungeoneering? It's not a combat skill last time I checked. :P Yeah it does have combat in it, but yeah.

It evolves around combat hence why.

Would have to have some name other than 'combat cape' then, because like if you have 99 Attack, Strength, Defence and Hitpoints (now Constitution), then that would be pretty much expected out of a combat cape.

And if it does have those requirements, well, the combat level you have in a sense shows that achievement.

j0xPu5R.png

Would have to have some name other than 'combat cape' then, because like if you have 99 Attack, Strength, Defence and Hitpoints (now Constitution), then that would be pretty much expected out of a combat cape.

And if it does have those requirements, well, the combat level you have in a sense shows that achievement.

Can you say that again in a different way. I do not understand your message.

Can you say that again in a different way. I do not understand your message.

The combat cape, it just seems a bit extra to have 120 Dungeoneering and extra achievements when there's already capes with a whole lot of achievements already, and it could just add in room for more capes (since another cape could be introduced with lesser requirements) which will just deteriorate the value of getting the capes in the first place. The requirements instead could be 99 Ranged, Attack, Strength, Constitution, Defence, Magic and Prayer. Those are all strictly combat skills.

j0xPu5R.png

The combat cape, it just seems a bit extra to have 120 Dungeoneering and extra achievements when there's already capes with a whole lot of achievements already, and it could just add in room for more capes (since another cape could be introduced with lesser requirements) which will just deteriorate the value of getting the capes in the first place. The requirements instead could be 99 Ranged, Attack, Strength, Constitution, Defence, Magic and Prayer. Those are all strictly combat skills.

Well Dungeoneering, Prayer and Summoning is used in combat, so it makes sense for them to be requirement for a "Combat cape". But i guess you could make it strictly the skills you mentioned, but i don¨t know, i guess people would complain.

Quite honestly i find it smart. That way people can obtain same stats of Comp cape, but not have same look. And your idea of Ranged, att, str, magic, defence and so on is very good.

This looks more like a Runescape suggestion, so I'll tow it to the appropriate subforum.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.

Yes, but it should have less stats then complete cape. Like, 4 less then it.

It shouldn't have ardy cloak teles, because thats more of a skill cape :\

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well, it shouldn't have the same stats as completionist, as a completionist cape has all those requirements and more.

This. I think that the OP just wants a cape with similar stats without the skill grind, because he doesn't like it. Tsk tsk, what an egotistical sugestion.

The benefits of achieving maxed combat are enough, we don't need a trophy (which we already have, in the form of "lvl 138" next to our name). Maxed combat is the best moneymaker in game, why would we need extra rewards?

crossed_body.png

This. I think that the OP just wants a cape with similar stats without the skill grind, because he doesn't like it. Tsk tsk, what an egotistical sugestion.

The benefits of achieving maxed combat are enough, we don't need a trophy (which we already have, in the form of "lvl 138" next to our name). Maxed combat is the best moneymaker in game, why would we need extra rewards?

Gee i don't know. Most other games i played whenever a item related to combat was released you could achieve it without having to finish 90% of the game. And no we don't need trophy for combat maxing. We need items! And Comp cape's stat makes it a good item to use for Combat.

As for Comp cape, if you have finished the game, then you get as extra a Dragon emote+A new and very rare cape. Combat cape will only have same stats as Comp, it will not have the emote nor the look.

but why this cape should have more stats than max cape, when it's easier to get this one

i understand that you want better stats for your cape, that fire cape no longer it's the best.

but this is a lame way to get them

AbandonnedEpicDpser25.pngAbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedEpicDpser25.png

but why this cape should have more stats than max cape, when it's easier to get this one

i understand that you want better stats for your cape, that fire cape no longer it's the best.

but this is a lame way to get them

Why should a combat item be so hard to obtain? The cape is a combat item just like Abyssal whip, Fire cape, Torva etc

Why did Jagex have to make the best combat cape in game so hard to obtain by making it the reward for grinders?

Instead of rewarding Grinders and forcing players who like combat to grind, why not make a reward for the Grinders that isn't combat related?

A set of emotes

A New decorative cape with great detail

Just not items with stats...

As for Comp cape, if you have finished the game, then you get as extra a Dragon emote+A new and very rare cape.

Cool stuff bro. I put one hundred times the effort in the game, and I get an emote and a different cape.

The completionist cape is for completionists. If you want a cape with the same stats with none of the effort, go play on a private server.

crossed_body.png

Funny, I posted something similar on RSOF.

However, I think it should also require 99 Slayer and Dungeoneering,

but only have stats equivalent to whatever cape has the highest that goes into it.

IE, God Cape overshadows Fire Cape's +1 Magic, SW Cape overshadows Fire Cape's +4 Prayer, but do not add them and certainly do not make it equivalent to the Completionist Cape.

I also wanted to add that while I don't think the point of this cape would be to show it off, 138 combat doesn't really do that anyway. 138 combat shows you're a master of melees and probably close to being a master of Summoning and Prayer, but it doesn't guarantee that you have 99 Magic, Ranged, Summoning, or Prayer, or Slayer or Dungeoneering for that matter.

2dgucz6.png

As for Comp cape, if you have finished the game, then you get as extra a Dragon emote+A new and very rare cape.

Cool stuff bro. I put one hundred times the effort in the game, and I get an emote and a different cape.

The completionist cape is for completionists. If you want a cape with the same stats with none of the effort, go play on a private server.

Completing most of tasks in game means just that. And with my idea Comp cape would still be exlusive. People would see loads Combat capes and very few Comp capes. You just dislike the idea because you don't mind grinding and gotten used to it. But in reality it's a bad thing. And i haven't played Runescape in a big while, and i hate Private servers. Does that mean i am not entitled to discuss the game? If you thought how absurd it is having to finish most tasks in Runescape only for another item with best cape stats, perhaps you would change your mind about grinding for rewards?

Because honestly i don't think it's fair that you nor i should grind and finish the game only for a new item with better stats, just because it's been released as reward for "Completing" (aka throwing away your life) the game.

You just dislike the idea because you don't mind grinding and gotten used to it.

No, not really. I've grown to accept that there are things, both in life and in runescape, that I will never accomplish.

However, that does not mean I require that others dumb down things for me, out of selfishness.

crossed_body.png

I think it would be cool to have a combat cape released but a incredibly bad idea for it to have the same stats as completionist cape. In fact I think releasing a combat cape with high-end stats would be yet another requirement to boss hunt effectively costing you another 100 - 200mil to get 99 prayer instead of 95.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I voted no. That's what you have 138 combat for.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think a combat cape is a good idea. I think it would be nice if it worked kinda like void and gave something like +5% to melee, ranged and mage damage. At places where you need accuracy completionist and max cape would still be better.

2480+ total

I think a combat cape is a good idea. I think it would be nice if it worked kinda like void and gave something like +5% to melee, ranged and mage damage. At places where you need accuracy completionist and max cape would still be better.

Actually if you get a void set effect that's 5%, it'd be an insane offensive cape :P. 5% is worth like 20 strength bonus in good gear, the completionist cape would only be better for the teles/picking up arrows if at all.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted