Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

champion

Dude, they invaded the entire USA simultaneously (or just after). The CoD stories have so many plotholes you should probably just ignore it.

I was under the impression that the Russians somehow disabled U.S. air detection systems and they didn't see the Reds until it was way too late? Gah. Somebody go play MW2 again and find out.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Finished today as well.

Same conclusion as halo said really, it was awesome, ended well, and the multiplayer is the same [bleep]ing game.

Loving Survival, too.

Also:

[hide]How in the HELL did Russia invade all of Europe at once? I just don't see how they can be in Paris AND Berlin simultaneously. And for that matter, if the president of Russia wanted peace, WHY DID HE ORDER THIS RIDICULOUS INVASION IN THE FIRST PLACE! And maybe the European invasion started during MW2, but this president is meant to be the voice of reason, it seems extremely out of character from what we saw.[/hide]

Well, it could probably be explained away by the main populace wanting to go to war, so he was forced to declare war, but he personally didn't really want to. The russian army isn't just a couple hundred guys, I have no idea how many are actually in the army, but if you have something big like 1,000,000 soldiers and the element of surprise, you could probably do a pretty good job of invading.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Finished today as well.

Same conclusion as halo said really, it was awesome, ended well, and the multiplayer is the same [bleep]ing game.

Loving Survival, too.

Also:

[hide]How in the HELL did Russia invade all of Europe at once? I just don't see how they can be in Paris AND Berlin simultaneously. And for that matter, if the president of Russia wanted peace, WHY DID HE ORDER THIS RIDICULOUS INVASION IN THE FIRST PLACE! And maybe the European invasion started during MW2, but this president is meant to be the voice of reason, it seems extremely out of character from what we saw.[/hide]

[hide] He didn't want peace. He clearly says they'll destroy their enemies after peace time while meeting with that other dude[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Finished today as well.

Loving Survival, too.

Also:

[hide] He didn't want peace. He clearly says they'll destroy their enemies after peace time while meeting with that other dude[/hide]

From the CoD Wiki:

President Vorshevsky: Gentlemen, we only have two choices: peace or war. Life or death. For the sake of our children, we must seek peace with the West.

Vasili Zhukov: Mr. President, now is not the time to appease our enemies.

President Vorshevsky: We destroy our enemies when we can make friends with them. If we cannot end our differences, at least we...

See, I took this to mean "If they're our friends, then they're no longer our enemies." Now I'm not sure :blink:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Been messing around with shotguns today. I heard the SPAS 12 gets better once you have damage + extended mags, but it's a piece of crap until then. Other shotguns except the Striker (maybe the AA-12) are also equally useless without any damage/range improvements. If the point of Damage was to make the shotguns less useless, why keep it until the last few levels? Seems counter-productive to me. /rant

Shotguns are fun but only on Ground War otherwise you struggle to get close enough to them. I am yet to get the damage prof on any of them because I cba with leveling it up thou.

I have been playing team defender now - Its so fun. Its 6 v 6 but there is no campers, rarely assasin people and everyone swarms to the flag. If you play it correctly you can easily get 25-30+ kills with a 3-4KD even on the losing team.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

74-0 flawless.. in kill conf.... HOLY [bleep]

Gotta love the fact that CoD doesn't match you up with people of your own skill level. If you're going 74-0 you're playing against some really bad players.

Though admittedly (for me at least) you do feel pretty godly mowing down waves of noobs.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Shotguns are fun but only on Ground War otherwise you struggle to get close enough to them. I am yet to get the damage prof on any of them because I cba with leveling it up thou.

I have been playing team defender now - Its so fun. Its 6 v 6 but there is no campers, rarely assasin people and everyone swarms to the flag. If you play it correctly you can easily get 25-30+ kills with a 3-4KD even on the losing team.

Yeah, I love Team Defender because there's no campers, and it really has been my favorite mode in MW3. I used to play mostly S&D.

Well, sorry for the double post, one would think someone else would post inbetween, but I guess the forum isn't as active as it used to be. Anyway, here are my current stats:

I know that my K/D isn't the best, but for the holidays I was on my parent's 0.4Mb/s upload compared to my usual 12Mb/s upload.

k0r2hd.png

Also, are these new? Never noticed them before, and I wonder what they mean.

21acxhk.png

Your KD will increase when your accuracy does, Why is it that low? Do you hip fire alot? Or take alot of wild shots?

And what prestige is that in MW2, very similar to 8 in MW3.

No idea what the little 'friend + Icon' is thou.

The_Diamond.png

My accuracy is about 14% and I have a positive K/D overall, it helps but not much on MW games where people die in like 3 bullets for most guns.

A agree it isnt all important but it helps alot, The highest accuracy on the leaderboards realistically is 35% and I imagine they are snipers or shotgun users mainly. Using an automatic gun I think 25-26% is the highest accuracy you can get and with that youll be hitting a 2-5K.D. you will be on average hitting 10-15% more shots in a gun fight and that adds up.

Secondly I just noticed that guy has a 0.6 kill/assist ratio where mine is around 0.15 with 16k kills and a 1.75 K.d

The_Diamond.png

Your KD will increase when your accuracy does, Why is it that low? Do you hip fire alot? Or take alot of wild shots?

And what prestige is that in MW2, very similar to 8 in MW3.

No idea what the little 'friend + Icon' is thou.

Yes, I do hipfire a lot, especially since it's pretty good when using a sub machine gun, and it's the kind of gun I use the most in MW3, especially the P90.

Also it's MW2's 5th prestige, but I stopped prestiging at that point in that game. I could prestige anytime I want.

Also, for the K/D, below Overdoziz's quote.

You don't go 0.9 k/d because of a .4 upload. ;)

The K/D went down a lot on my parent's connection because I basically had to predict where people were and I had to shoot something like 1 second before I actually see them to actually get hitmarkers. I think you're right about the speed, but I don't know if it's because of the bad speed that I was getting such a bad ping. It wasn't that much over 1 before I went to my parent's place though, and I rush a lot because it's how I like to play.

the little person icon is people in the same "group" as you iirc

Oh I see, I probably never noticed because of the fact that I only recently got into groups.

Dude, I've been playing with a .5 upload speed the entire time I've had an xbox. Download speed is more important unless you're the host.

I agree, but ping is also something that counts a lot when the game kills almost instantly.