Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

San Francisco set to vote on becoming Anti-Semitic

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1MotVEcqb

quoted article for those that refuse to visit foxnews.com

This will force Jewish parents into back alleys with butter knives and...
In all seriousness though, I think there's a discussion to be had on the limits you can reasonably place on religious belief, where you draw the line on what's reasonable or not, etc.

I'll post my opinion later.

Discuss.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
Just another attempt to push forward a law that some people want to see. I don't see an issue with circumcision at all from my point of view. I don't think it'll go far let alone pass.
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Overall, I don't think circumcision is bad enough to warrant being illegal. I don't think it's necessary or useful, but it's an individual choice.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Askthedude
[ Display Name History ]

Askthedude

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ask The Dude
I immediately thought of this (what the baby says):

To be honest, it should be passed as what happens to the childs' own body should be up to the child himself. If you're going to raise the child in a Jewish/Muslim household following these beliefs then there should be no problem if this law is passed as when the child reaches the proposed legal age they can choose for themselves to have it done in honour of their beliefs.
Posted Image

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

but it's an individual choice.

I'll say the vast, vast, vast majority it is not personal choice, for infants and small children are too small to give consent to everything. They can't consent to anything in fact.

But hell, I don't care. But since it does piss of religious folk, I hope it passes.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Cheat
[ Display Name History ]

Cheat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • RSN:Miserly
  • RSN2:Snavex
I haven't read the article so what I say may not be 100% valid, however I think many people believe that circumcision is fairly cruel especially to newly born children with no choice in the matter and that despite it is strongly connected to some people's beliefs this should not mean that those people should be wavered from obeying a code of morality that most other people accept or doing something unreasonable and unnecessary. Again I haven't read the article and I don't exactly know what the law is but from what the others posted a ban on circumcision is not anti-Semitic.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
What are the advantages of circumcision anyway? I only know of one - The reduced risk of HIV/other STD's.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

What are the advantages of circumcision anyway? I only know of one - The reduced risk of HIV/other STD's.

The medical advantages are debatable. Really, I think it's more of a cultural thing than a procedure with actual medical benefit.

polvCwJ.gif

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
There is no need to ban it, doing so is just intolerant of their beliefs. I'm surprised such a Liberal city has put forward such a thing.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

There is no need to ban it, doing so is just intolerant of their beliefs. I'm surprised such a Liberal city has put forward such a thing.

I'm not. Increasingly I've seen the supposedly tolerant left decide to be intolerant when it comes to things like this.

polvCwJ.gif

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
As much as it will draw fire, I can see where they were trying to go with this. Female circumcision is also held up as a religious belief in various, extremist, parts of the world, yet we don't allow that. Why should male circumcision be any different just because it's less invasive. Just because it's religious tradition? Religious traditions used to dictate that we sacrifice animals (and in some places people) to our gods as well, yet when was the last time anyone saw that happen?

On the up side, if this passes it opens a lot of doors for putting down religious practices that are potentially harmful or dangerous. I'm thinking mostly of the Christian Science belief of refusing medical treatment and replacing it with prayer.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

OldJoe
[ Display Name History ]

OldJoe

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,922 posts
  • RSN:Joedeby
Oh yeah, being anti-semitic for wanting to ban circumcision. It should be decided when the person is old enough if any.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies
Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie
Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens
Je suis juste un cas désespérant
Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer
Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Oh yeah, being anti-semitic for wanting to ban circumcision. It should be decided when the person is old enough if any.

If you want to pull that card, why allow parents to make any body-related decisions for their children at all?

polvCwJ.gif

OldJoe
[ Display Name History ]

OldJoe

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,922 posts
  • RSN:Joedeby

If you want to pull that card, why allow parents to make any body-related decisions for their children at all?

Oh for christ sake, circumcision is a choice that should be decided by the guy himself when he is old enough, not due to religious or whatever belief, unless it's a medical situation.
This is my, so it seems, crazy viewpoint on this forum.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies
Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie
Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens
Je suis juste un cas désespérant
Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer
Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Oh for christ sake, circumcision is a choice that should be decided by the guy himself when he is old enough, not due to religious or whatever belief, unless it's a medical situation.

Why?

I asked you a question, you basically just answered "because".

polvCwJ.gif

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

They should be allowed to make positive body-related decisions to become healthy. A circumcision does not provide any health benefits and it's more of an accessory operation like plastic surgery.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

They should be allowed to make positive body-related decisions to become healthy. A circumcision does not provide any health benefits and it's more of an accessory operation like plastic surgery.

Parents are allowed to make decisions like plastic surgery for their kids.

polvCwJ.gif

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
Circumcision can be a very dangerous, and far more painful process after infancy. Many deaths over the ages in war have been attributed to the foreskin and the difficulty in cleaning. Also, foreskins feature prominently in the Bible. Why is any of this relevant? Because why the [bleep] should a city care what happens to a child's penis? It's a family decision. The procedure isn't painful (surprisingly, trained anesthesiologists are pretty good at their job), mostly because nobody will remember it. I'm circumcised, and I hardly even knew what that meant until a few years ago. There are far more pressing matters than penis skin.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Cheat
[ Display Name History ]

Cheat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • RSN:Miserly
  • RSN2:Snavex
I hope this doesn't go through actually because if it spreads it would make the jewish man in ASDA joke far less amusing.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

I'm glad my parents decided to get mine done as an infant. If you wait until the person is conscious enough to make the personal choice, that would mean he's now reached the point where circumcision is more painful, difficult, dangerous, and will now actually be aware of the not so comfortable experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users