Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fury vs BCP

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:GoogleMeBro
  • Clan:Hyt
All I do is slay when doing combat. I don't plan on bossing, and if I ever do it will most likely be with maxed stats (and I will probably have enough money for full bandos + fury by then) and I have the cash for either one of the two. Which would be better for doing nothing but slaying? If it matters, I use torags plate + verac's skirt as is for my slayer gear

HexiledRazz
[ Display Name History ]

HexiledRazz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Hexiled Razz
  • RSN2:Pure of War
  • Clan:EoE
Fury, fury, a thousand times fury. And if you don't already have it, a zerker ring.
Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan
spend the money on herblore, its cheap right now and will help you more in the long run then either option.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Aten
[ Display Name History ]

Aten

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:AXVD
Agree with Aeil, but if I were to pick one of the options you provided I'd definitely go with a fury as well as zerker ring (previously mentioned) due to its strength bonus matching BCP's. Imbue said ring and you get more bonus from it than full bandos together.

However, I should add that it may be worth trying out Barbarian Assault and working towards a Fighter Torso. It gives the same strength bonus as BCP only with lower defensive bonuses, but in my time using it I have not noticed much difference on the average slayer task (metal dragons are the only real exception, but if you choose to pray melee then obviously it won't matter).

Follow my road to IFB/5.4/MOA/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie
Torso isn't good because you can't resell it. IMO;

Extremes>zerker>fury>turmoil>ovl>bandos armor

Of course spend money on summ to as you get charms

PM me in game anytime

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts
I highly doubt the 20m~ I have can get me to extremes, so I bought a fury until I get a bigger cashpile and I will eventually sell the fury for extremes

TY everyone :thumbsup:

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie
Don't forget zerker :)

PM me in game anytime

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts

Don't forget zerker :)

This I am unsure of, because I will never ever ever ever imbue it, and the RoW has been ridiculously nice to me (Let's just say it's the reason I have 20m :shades: )

I might get one and switch to RoW for every kill or something, I'm not sure yet

AresArtemis
[ Display Name History ]

AresArtemis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • RSN:ares artemis
I've been told that with slayer, its only worth switching to a RoW every kill when you are fighting monsters with a 'special' drop, like a whip or maul. On other tasks, like fire giants or something, it's not worth to switch every kill. But someone should second this since i'm not completly sure if its true or not.

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts

I've been told that with slayer, its only worth switching to a RoW every kill when you are fighting monsters with a 'special' drop, like a whip or maul. On other tasks, like fire giants or something, it's not worth to switch every kill. But someone should second this since i'm not completly sure if its true or not.

The RoW got me a 40 noted torstol drop at bloodvelds, I'm willing to give up a little strength bonus for the chance of stuff like this

*inb4efficiencypolicerage

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse
and zereker aint worth it once you unlock kuradal, since you'll be using ferocious ring then. also dont row switch on gargs, as the maul is only 38k atm lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

AresArtemis
[ Display Name History ]

AresArtemis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • RSN:ares artemis

and zereker aint worth it once you unlock kuradal, since you'll be using ferocious ring then. also dont row switch on gargs, as the maul is only 38k atm lol.

Zeker can still be used at non kuradel dungeon task, unless you skip all others, wich costs you loads of points + gargs was only used as example, but you're right, dont switch at gargoyles ^^ (damn i missed something, maul dropped alot)

Aten
[ Display Name History ]

Aten

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts
RoW does not affect specific monster drops such as whip and maul. It only increases the likelihood of getting an item when the drop is from the "rare drop table" (i.e. you first have to get a drop from RDT, and then the RoW reduces the number of blanks, hence increasing the possibility of a "special drop". Specific drops aren't included on RDT so RoW does nothing for them).

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

RoW does not affect specific monster drops such as whip and maul. It only increases the likelihood of getting an item when the drop is from the "rare drop table" (i.e. you first have to get a drop from RDT, and then the RoW reduces the number of blanks, hence increasing the possibility of a "special drop". Specific drops aren't included on RDT so RoW does nothing for them).

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect since the RoW update.

ozXHe7P.png

Aten
[ Display Name History ]

Aten

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect since the RoW update.

Just re-read the RoW update article. I stand corrected.

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts

It made the "rare drop" noise when I got a dragon chainbody from a dusty

Tenebri
[ Display Name History ]

Tenebri

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • RSN:tenebri
  • RSN2:Tenebris
to answer the question stated

fury > bandos

simple :thumbup:
Posted Image

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts

to answer the question stated

fury > bandos

simple :thumbup:

Purely based on offensive stats, BCP is +4 Strength over what he is currently using, fury is +2 Strength.

Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

It made the "rare drop" noise when I got a dragon chainbody from a dusty

It makes that noise on EVERY drop for me when I'm fighting anything that has a special drop.
The ROW doesn't help you as much as you think it does, you'd get more profit/hour on average with a zerker ring due to faster kills then anything the ROW gets you.
Keep in mind, you don't NEED the ROW to get certain drops, those "rare" drops will always be there regardless of what ring you use.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

[ Display Name History ]

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Avatar200

I highly doubt the 20m~ I have can get me to extremes, so I bought a fury until I get a bigger cashpile and I will eventually sell the fury for extremes

TY everyone :thumbsup:

I think you can, with current herb prices and if you have Scroll of Cleansing (~10% cost-saving).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users