Playing RuneScape on an iMac

Leoo

I've just managed to get myself a 27inch iMac (very high specs) and I can play RuneScape at full screen in the highest details. That would be great if only Safari doesn't freeze or crash RuneScape when I adjust the window. Other than Firefox, are there any other browsers that are good for playing RuneScape on a Mac? Firefox and the official RuneScape client does not work with Macs.

Tried SwiftKit (I believe they have a Mac version) or that offical Jagex Launcher?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Chrome? Saves a lot of screen space as well.

I believe Google chrome also doesn't really work well. with Macs.

Fixed that for you.

Chrome is getting better and is much faster as advertised; but its only faster because it has no support for huge amounts of very common coding. Their java and mac support are both a bit iffy still.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tried SwiftKit (I believe they have a Mac version) or that offical Jagex Launcher?

Didn't think of Swiftkit actually... and the RuneScape client only uses [Caution: Executable File] files.

SwiftKit works great! I used to use it on my Windows computers. Anyway it doesn't freeze or crash when playing around with the window dimensions. Now I just need to get used to playing on such a big screen!

Random note, as I have a 19in widescreen, and if I am dong certain things, fullscreen is really annoying, due to the distanced travveled by the mouse (eg dungeoneering. Opening doors getting killed before your cursor reaches food)

For certain things, you may want to consider going into fixed screen size, as it allows you to watcha movie while scapin'

On topic though, firefox works fine on my mac fine for rs. I don't see why you were having probems...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Random note, as I have a 19in widescreen, and if I am dong certain things, fullscreen is really annoying, due to the distanced travveled by the mouse (eg dungeoneering. Opening doors getting killed before your cursor reaches food)

For certain things, you may want to consider going into fixed screen size, as it allows you to watcha movie while scapin'

On topic though, firefox works fine on my mac fine for rs. I don't see why you were having probems...

This is the message provided when attempting to play RuneScape on Firefox...

"Unfortunately, RuneScape currently does not support Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox 4 on Mac OS X.

If you are a member, you can continue to play the game in fullscreen mode, otherwise we recommend using a different browser such as Safari.

If you wish to proceed to the game using Chrome or Firefox 4, please click the link below, however, you may experience slow performance and erratic behaviour."

Fixed that for you.

Chrome is getting better and is much faster as advertised; but its only faster because it has no support for huge amounts of very common coding. Their java and mac support are both a bit iffy still.

Uh, no? The latest version scores a perfect 100 on the acid3 test.

Avant.png

Fixed that for you.

Uh, no? The latest version scores a perfect 100 on the acid3 test.

Agreed.

I don't know much about coding, java or any of that but I've used i.e/chrome/firefox for a while now.

Firefox isn't that good - it black screen out a lot (the java app goes blank)

I've never experienced a white/black screen on I.E but it seems to me that it lags the most

Chrome is lags the least although it does white screen a bit

capt%20kevin.png

You could sell the mac and buy a real computer, I bet it'd work then.

i dont know if runescape really works all that well on linux based machines. or do you mean a windows computer?

mac/linux haters are just jealous. :shades:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Camino works well. Jagex currently does not support firefox 4, but 3.6 is still available for download and it works great.

hopesolopatriot.jpg