Jagex Appeals

3PointMan

I don't know if I am the only one who finds this annoying or humorous, but here it goes.

I used to be frustrated with the lack of customer support from Jagex, or you could maybe call if their extreme emphasis on automated support... But I was recently handed a suspension from Runescape and after hearing many stories of people not being serious with their appeals and received a positive response I decided to try it for myself. I copy, pasted and modified some of the lyrics to "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy into the appeal form 6 days ago. Today I got a response saying my suspension had been reviewed and it had been decided I was not in the wrong doing.

Now I don't know if I should find this funny or pathetic. I don't know if my appeal had been reviewed by an automated machine or a real person, however judging by the response it seems like it was an error on the automated side. What are your experiences with odd appeals, frustrations with the lack of human support or thoughts on this?

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I had a friend who told me he just wrote: "Dude, my bad." It was an appeal for luring which he was definitely guilty of, this was a couple years ago and he's still playing.

clansig7.gif

I had nearly 40 blackmarks. On each of my appeals I wrote a single period and submitted. Over half were accepted. I never had a mute or a ban occur.

For those interested I wrote.

"But she caught me near the river (It wasn't me)

Saw me minin' in the quarry(It wasn't me)

I even had her in the dungeon (It wasn't me)

She even caught me while scryin'(It wasn't me)

She saw the marks on my armor (It wasn't me)

Saw the words that I typed her (It wasn't me)

Saw the words gettin' bigger (It wasn't me)

She stayed until I logged off."

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Trained monkey says:

"Monkey is trained to press "Accepted" and "Denied" at 50/50 ratio.

If you make monkey laugh or make monkey read less monkey give you

"Accepted" more. "

2480+ total

For those interested I wrote.

"But she caught me near the river (It wasn't me)

Saw me minin' in the quarry(It wasn't me)

I even had her in the dungeon (It wasn't me)

She even caught me while scryin'(It wasn't me)

She saw the marks on my armor (It wasn't me)

Saw the words that I typed her (It wasn't me)

Saw the words gettin' bigger (It wasn't me)

She stayed until I logged off."

I was singing this to myself, until I realized the lyrics were off...I'm going to bed.

I remember seeeing a picture of someone appealing a ban and they copied and pasted the theme song to pokemon in their appeal. It got accepted. :lol:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I really don't have anything else to contribute to this thread other then saying "LOL".

Seriously, I'm LOL'ing at the fact that whether your appeal is accepted or not is so random that you can just copy and past song lyrics and possibly get passed or not.

But i think Jagex needs to put some more money into customer support so they can review at least certain offenses. Offenses like botting, maybe not because i very rarely see cases where a player has proof that he wasn't botting when he got banned/reset.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Jagex doesn't read what you write in the appeal they just review the evidence that is handed to them so it all depends on what j mod you get the firth and the second time :thumbsup:

The reason i know this is that they said at Runefest last year they also told us of some very funny appeals like someone just typing all the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen :)

rickroll.jpg

`.¸_________Recruitment Dept______¸.´

.¸.´¸.´¸.*´¨) Pink Patrons (¨`*.¸`.¸`.¸.

(¸.´(¸. ,.-~*¨Admin - Scooty ¨*~-.,.¸)`.¸)

Jagex doesn't read what you write in the appeal they just review the evidence that is handed to them so it all depends on what j mod you get the firth and the second time :thumbsup:

The reason i know this is that they said at Runefest last year they also told us of some very funny appeals like someone just typing all the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen :)

Ah, that makes much more sense.

So, in the end, the appeal is like a bribe, except with comedy instead of money.

I have, in the past, just copied the lyrics to 'Never gonna give you Up' and had all 10 appeals accepted.

To be fair though, it would be hard for Jagex to have humans look at the reports one by one, considering all the bots they ban... oh wait, nevermind.

Ah, that makes much more sense.

So, in the end, the appeal is like a bribe, except with comedy instead of money.

But they d give you the option to buy your account back. Granted it's not everyone who gets this option. IIRC there was something about this a few months ago (when the new bot rules came out).

howlin1eeveesig.png

But they d give you the option to buy your account back. Granted it's not everyone who gets this option. IIRC there was something about this a few months ago (when the new bot rules came out).

I think they said they give that option to botters they catch, after nerfing their stats and bank a bit. It's supposed to be something like $25. I don't know the specifics, what I know about it, I learned a few months ago.

Comedy-bribes work for the maybe three people left in the game that don't bot yet, and the many bots that get caught for cussing out another bot at Frosts. :razz:

To be honest I do remember a time when they had decent customer support. I remember being stuck in a random event (glitched) and sent in a message asking them to teleport me out of it. They did so. They removed the ability to send them messages though.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

I met someone who bought his account back after being banned. They rolled back half of his xp in each skill first though. He had a Mage, cooking, fletching and strength cape banked without having 99 lol. He told me to check before he got 99 cooking and he had 92 in each of those but cooking with no other 99s. After he got 99 he banked and pulled out a trimmed cape... So ya they did actually roll back half of his xp. I guess that's what they're doing to the few bots they do ban now just for the extra cash.

Wouldn't know much about the appeal system never been muted/banned before. It did take 4 attempts to recover my account. The 4th time I just said "I can have this?" in the optional details... With the same other info I entered the first few times because they were all actually right.

Dang stole what I was going to say. They allow you to explain yourself in instances like jokes with friends (when they still muted for offensive language), or something they just couldnt understand. I think now adays, since appeals take longer than acouple hours, that they must at least have a human skin it. Back acouple years ago you could get away with writing anything the the automated system would randomly select if you were guilty or not. They also believed all their mutes and such were jutifiable back then.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It sucks, because I got muted for constantly typing "box 'x'm logdotzip" at the duel arena, a common practice, and when this was explained to them, my appeal was denied and I will have that mark for an entire year.

Maybe I would have had better luck if I simply told them to go f**k themselves. Probably would have been accepted.

By the way, another way to get out of most mutes / bans is saying you'll kill yourself if it doesn't get appealed. They next to always appeal it in that case, as well as link you to suicide prevention websites, and then say something along the lines of "You cannot use this as an excuse again"

By the way, another way to get out of most mutes / bans is saying you'll kill yourself if it doesn't get appealed. They next to always appeal it in that case, as well as link you to suicide prevention websites, and then say something along the lines of "You cannot use this as an excuse again"

I know someone who did that and they had the police knocking at their door.

I don't really think they read the appeal themselves, more so the evidence involved.

j0xPu5R.png

I'm guessing the appeals, if anything, are more of a secondary approach should they be undecided on whether or not they should let a player go.

I know someone who did that and they had the police knocking at their door.

I don't really think they read the appeal themselves, more so the evidence involved.

Well hey, sometimes that might be worth an unban! hah.

And I don't think theyr ead them either, but I think if certain words get used I.E. "Kill, Bot", etc., a flag gets raised.

It sucks, because I got muted for constantly typing "box 'x'm logdotzip" at the duel arena, a common practice, and when this was explained to them, my appeal was denied and I will have that mark for an entire year.

So you spammed the chatbox and now you're upset you got muted for it? :-s

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Three things:

1) Haha nice, thats hilarious (OP)

2) I did an appeal once that I was banned for advertising a website (which I did not do). I merely told them what to put in a search engine, but this was quite a disturbing website. Appeal was accepted the following day.

3) This reminded me how much I like the song "Wasn't Me" and now have it on repeat on my itunes.

wessan.png

So you spammed the chatbox and now you're upset you got muted for it? :-s

The main communication going on at duel arena is advertising duels, it's not like he was doing it at an empty arena. It would be like muting people for advertising their trades repeatedly in old world 2 fally, because no one could hold a conversation there.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19