Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Actual in dungeon reward -minor spoiler inside-

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Maybe too soon, since the update just came out, so I put spoiler tags in title. (feel free to edit it so that it does not hurt the people that do not want to know the rewards before they do the quest, mods)

Now that we see the first quest reward that allows you to add something to your ammo bind, that opens doors for future rewards like actual extra binds (weapon, armour etc) doesn't it?

What is also possible is a future quest having an opposite reward, take something out of dungeons into the real RS (of course not free to choose anything you want)

Discus or celebrate :)
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Soupy17
[ Display Name History ]

Soupy17

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • RSN:oh mikey oh
No
LOL

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Dungeoneering is already easy enough.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
if anything quests should unlock the ability to purchase rewards from the shop.

Extra item binds? no.
Posted Image

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Extra item binds? no.

Pretty sure Jagex already said we'd be getting quests for extra bind slots. Well welcomed, imo.

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
IMO don't really need anything in dungeons.

I much rather have A GGS for clans or something (with a cool down period)
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
A bind bank would be nice. Like at the start of a floor you choose your stuff. You could take out your rapier for rushing low lvl floors. Your battleaxe for keying. And other situational items.

2480+ total

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
You should be able to buy every bindable item from the rewards shop. Though they should cost a ton of tokens and have skill+dg reqs. Such as 99 smithing for prom 2h or 99 slayer and 99 dg for a hex.

77yLQy8.png

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

A bind bank would be nice. Like at the start of a floor you choose your stuff. You could take out your rapier for rushing low lvl floors. Your battleaxe for keying. And other situational items.

A battleaxe for keying? oh boy.

I really don't see why item binds are needed, I would welcome an extra ammo-bind.

I actually suggested a few rewards on the HLF a while ago let me dig that up.

* Sculptor (10k tokens) - Start with a chisel!
* Swiss Army Knife (50k tokens) - Start with a toolkit!
* Savour the Flavour (30k tokens) - food heals 2% more
* Avenge me (50k tokens) - wrath deals 10% more damage
* Charmed I'm sure (20k tokens) - change of making double scrolls when converting pouches to scrolls.
* Bless you (80k tokens) - an extra recharge at altars
* Mother Nature (70k tokens) - stronger chance of receiving useful herbs from chests
* Thok it to 'em (80k tokens) - 1% chance of healing you for 100 life points upon killing a monster
* Totem of Appreciation (25k tokens) - immune to poison in Daemonheim.
* Gunnar Need a bigger gun! (100k tokens) - Increase ammo bind to 250
* Grenade! (500k tokens) - unlock an additional ammo-slot.
* Humidify (15k tokens) - no longer need water-filled vial to make unfinished potions.

In-short not overpowered but convenience rewards to help with general gameplay.
Posted Image

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts

You should be able to buy every bindable item from the rewards shop. Though they should cost a ton of tokens and have skill+dg reqs. Such as 99 smithing for prom 2h or 99 slayer and 99 dg for a hex.

Because that wouldn't be at all overpowered.

Imagine Castle Wars with a Guardian's ward + grounding boots and full sagittarian, or Nex with a hexhunter bow. Corp with a primal spear, etc, etc. It would make Dungeoneering essentially give out the best items in the game, making almost all other methods redundant, as well as making the current chaotics useless, why would you ever choose a chaotic crossbow over a hexhunter bow, what monster do you actually range that doesn't use magic?

Posted Image

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Imagine Castle Wars with a Guardian's ward + grounding boots and full sagittarian, or Nex with a hexhunter bow. Corp with a primal spear, etc, etc. It would make Dungeoneering essentially give out the best items in the game, making almost all other methods redundant, as well as making the current chaotics useless, why would you ever choose a chaotic crossbow over a hexhunter bow, what monster do you actually range that doesn't use magic?

Not unless Jagex makes it require an obscene amount of tokens and makes them usable for a limited period of time.

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Nex with an HHB would be kind of crappy. The average Ruby bolt hit is around 280. Even if HHB hits 800s, its average hit will only be around 340 thanks to the 500 damage cap. Improving your average hit by 60, at the cost of a shield and like 90 ranged attack? That's not even considering curses phase where it becomes even worse, with your average hit dropping to around 270, while Diamonds average around 240. This is again, assuming the HHB hits 800s, and at the cost of a shield and around 90 ranged attack.

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT

Nex with an HHB would be kind of crappy. The average Ruby bolt hit is around 280. Even if HHB hits 800s, its average hit will only be around 340 thanks to the 500 damage cap. Improving your average hit by 60, at the cost of a shield and like 90 ranged attack? That's not even considering curses phase where it becomes even worse, with your average hit dropping to around 270, while Diamonds average around 240. This is again, assuming the HHB hits 800s, and at the cost of a shield and around 90 ranged attack.

I think they were suggesting being able to buy bind for INSIDE dungeons. Would reduce the irritation of never finding rare drops. 85 dg, still no hood for me. I would love if I could just buy one or something.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Evil_Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Evil_Sabre

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,534 posts
  • Location:A city built on rock and roll is not structurally sound.
  • RSN:Evil Sabre

I'm pretty sure he's saying for use within dungeoneering.
Posted Image

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

Tank ring says hello

2480+ total

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I didn't mean taking bindable items into the overworld. I meant buying bindables for dungeoneering so you don't spend ages trying to find a hood or a hex.

77yLQy8.png

Power20024
[ Display Name History ]

Power20024

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • RSN:Power20024

Tank ring says hello

Posted Image

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

That's kind of funny, about the CW with huge magic def. Ancients are unbelievably overpowered there, so why not tip the scale in the complete opposite direction? Lol.

Anyway, a bind bank sounds great. If you're teaming with people with multiple HHBs, someone withdraws mittens and CSB. If you're keying, swap for a plate. You still can't have all the things you find (in your "bank") at once on your person, so I don't see it as overpowered.

Unfortunately or not I'm pretty sure we'll get a new equipment bind before anything else, although I know that in-dungeon benefits similar to what Toad suggested were already confirmed.
Maybe a tool- or Slayer-only bind spot? That sounds like a big FU but I feel it's reasonable to expect.

2dgucz6.png

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
I support ammo binds. Either extended or second option. Further binds are OK as long as it's not anything incredibly ridiculous like a bind bank. :rolleyes:

Dungeoneering is already easy enough.

I have to agree with this. People don't take the bind option for granted. It's was meant to serve as a small convenience. Not something
that needs to be changed to make the skill more easier.

The system is fine as it is. We don't really need more binds. The only problem is we are constantly suffering from the selfish perception
of people on "wanting more".

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Tank ring says hello

You're doing it wrong.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users