Tip.It Times - 10th July 2011 (Interview with SUOMI)

Racheya

I still remember the old dangerous randoms fondly. I was usually armored & ready for the fight. :thumbsup:

Yes, as were most people. This is a point I forgot to bring up in my last post: considering the advent of things like lumberjack outfits and the rewards from the Lava Flow game, these outfits would be fairly defenseless against things like the rock golems and river trolls of old. That may be reason for their decline because those who use those outfits would be at an unfair disadvantage compared to the time they put in to achieve the rewards.

I personally dont own any of the outfits, but I could understand someones point of view who does.

i also fondly remembering ppl being beaten to death my river trolls and anoyed to death by swarms. im definatly for bringing them back as well.

even with the new outfits they woulndt be a problem, werent back then either if u werent dressed for it. all u needed realy was a weapon cuz u could just pray against whatever was atking u.

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know more about SUOMI. Nice to know that he played lots of other Games.

Did he "Catch them All?" Does he have Yellow, Gold/Silver, any other versions? What Lvls are all of them? Wonder how far he got on WoW? What C & C games does he have? What is his favorite Sc race to use? To bad he doesn't like to do parties. Would be nice to know the dates that he got 99s & 200Ms.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Random event guy is definitely trolling. Every time I get a maze I feel like putting my fist through the screen. Jagex needs to remove even more random events because the only thing they succeed in is annoying legit players. Macros can easily pass all of them.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Me 3

Cool interview, read it all.

Haha yeah I remember =P We all four had hex.

Nice to know more about SUOMI. Nice to know that he played lots of other Games.

Did he "Catch them All?" Does he have Yellow, Gold/Silver, any other versions? What Lvls are all of them? Wonder how far he got on WoW? What C & C games does he have? What is his favorite Sc race to use? To bad he doesn't like to do parties. Would be nice to know the dates that he got 99s & 200Ms.

I have all pokemon versions except white/black and some other newer verions. I had all pokemons in red/blue/yellow and most of them were 100 lvl, I kept beating pokemon league over and over again just to get them all to lvl 100 =P

I didn't have that many pokemons in gold/silver/crystal/ruby/sapphire/diamond/pearl but I got all the badges and caught most of the pokemons. Even got Pokemon pinball haha and pokemon trading card game on gameboy. I got Pokemon stadium 1 and 2 on nintendo 64 too but don't have the newer pokemon stadiums.

I didn't get really far on WoW, got bored of it pretty fast :/

I have all Command & Conquer games except the newer verions of red alert, don't like the newer versions as much. I liked them a lot more when Westwood was still making them. Command and Conquer: Generals was good too.

Hard to say what is my favorite starcraft race, haven't played them much lately because hard to play it while playing rs. Also starcraft gets really intense sometimes when playing against pro players, so much clicking and you have to do everything so fast so I wasn't really good at it. I have never been really good at microing.

Can't remember the dates when I got my 99s sorry, I had pictures of some of my 99s but lost them all when my computer crashed. I got 99 Firemaking in rsc like 9 years ago and then got 99 str soon when rs2 was released before slayer was released. I didn't play much back then because I was busy with school/work. Got some 99s recently too but I don't care much about 99s. Got 99 Slayer, Herblore and Construction during February this year.

Got 200M Fletching 21.12.2008, 200M Fishing 23.8.2009, 200M Agility 9.1.2010, 200M Cooking 23.5.2010, 200M Mining 7.10.2010, 200M Smith 27.10.2010, 200M Magic 21.12.2010, 200M Dungeoneering 16.2.2011 and 200M Strength 11.6.2011. Sorry about long list, don't know yet when I will get my rest 200M skills, we will see =P

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

Random event guy is definitely trolling. Every time I get a maze I feel like putting my fist through the screen. Jagex needs to remove even more random events because the only thing they succeed in is annoying legit players. Macros can easily pass all of them.

That's your opinion. Mine is that random events are a fun diversion from the monotony of skilling - if you just read through this thread, you'll see plenty of people who agree with this -, so the idea that all legitimate players are annoyed by them is a lot of rubbish.

Someone having a different opinion and someone trolling is a distinction that you, and some others, need to learn to make.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

i also fondly remembering ppl being beaten to death my river trolls and anoyed to death by swarms. im definatly for bringing them back as well.

even with the new outfits they woulndt be a problem, werent back then either if u werent dressed for it. all u needed realy was a weapon cuz u could just pray against whatever was atking u.

Or, if you weren't dressed for fighting, you could simply run away and it would disappear on its own after a minute or so.

Every time I get a maze I feel like putting my fist through the screen.

Agreed. The maze is a real pain in the wagon.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

i lost 50m to that aaylar liez guy so i donated 50m to suomi too <3

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

That's your opinion. Mine is that random events are a fun diversion from the monotony of skilling - if you just read through this thread, you'll see plenty of people who agree with this -, so the idea that all legitimate players are annoyed by them is a lot of rubbish.

Someone having a different opinion and someone trolling is a distinction that you, and some others, need to learn to make.

xp waste.

Random tip for the DYK:DO NOT TRY TO DHAROK THE ABBERANT SPECTRES! You need a nosepeg for them, and they can deal damage THROUGH protect from magic. Other things are generally safe, but I repeat do not dharok spectres!!!!!!!

Oh ya umm...when I submitted the fact I just said that the smoke leaves you at 10 lp. I don't know how that other stuff got in there, but dharoking specs definitely isn't a good idea. You can easily dharok fire giants, however.

Also, if you pray melee, banshees won't hit you. At worse they reduce your stats by a couple levels, but that's hardly an issue since you spend literally 3 ticks within their attack range.

xp waste.

He's still not trolling and I like random events too, btw. The maze too, although I'm not really fond of the combat ones :P They were more of a nuisance to me than enjoyment. Anywho, I don't really agree with reintroducing combat randoms but I do think some diversion while skilling would be great. Problem again is that not everybody wants this obviously. I'd be more in favour of D&Ds that are really D&Ds and not something that's not good enough to be called a minigame. An option to do something else, but that doesn't have to be taken so people who don't like it can just continue skilling.

The randoms topic brought back some good laughs.

I used to make a habit of killing strange plants (it could be done, it required guthans because a full invent of sharks wouldnt last the 9 minutes it took to kill, but it could be done), I had a friend who had a collection of 130+ evil chicken meat, and I always wanted to one day kill a drunken dwarf (only possible with 3-4 rings of recoil, sadly I never got one at the right time). I even had the immense laugh of someone try to copy me in killing a plant, only to get an evil chicken part way and then another strange plant. It took so long to deal with them the first plant despawned before he could finish it, a fun lesson that randoms could happen together.

I never saw a random successfully kill a bot, only a couple of players with less intelligence than a bot: but for a few of us they were a source of completely pointless entertainment. Randoms only got 1xp per 10 damage, not 4 per 1 but that never stopped us!. Good old days!

Creater of QuestRanker

"I hate it when my target's die laughing, makes me think my fly is open or something"

-Me

I really like the Sumoi and Random article, when you achieve that status, it deserve a certain level of respect. I always think that in order to excel in this game, you had to excel in real life as well, then you truly master yourself (not being addicted to the game, and completely quit the game so you can focus on rl. Nothing wrong with those, its really ones choice)

I missed fighting randoms, and I actually never wear armor when I train, I just wear full monk robe and mage hat plus Sara ammy, which make me invulnerable for very long time with prayer on, plus its easier to run and bank stuff as well. My favorite random is tree spirit and rock golem back in the days because they drop rune items, I got 2 rune pick axe and 2 rune axe (of course, other less worthwhile drop like beer or banana). But it does break the monotony of the game.

Lastly, I actually meet one of my best RS friend in the game due to the fact that he was killed by a river troll when he wasn't paying attention during his fishing expedition. I return one of the swordfish he dropped after he came back to pick up his stuff, and that's how we start our conversation in the first place (it's still our old running gag to this day, because he is a really good merchanter, and when he is flaunting his rares (in a non show off way, but joking way), I always bring up the troll topic which usually makes him semi embarrassed afterward.

a happy Runescaper

I really like the Sumoi and Random article, when you achieve that status, it deserve a certain level of respect. I always think that in order to excel in this game, you had to excel in real life as well, then you truly master yourself (not being addicted to the game, and completely quit the game so you can focus on rl. Nothing wrong with those, its really ones choice)

I missed fighting randoms, and I actually never wear armor when I train, I just wear full monk robe and mage hat plus Sara ammy, which make me invulnerable for very long time with prayer on, plus its easier to run and bank stuff as well. My favorite random is tree spirit and rock golem back in the days because they drop rune items, I got 2 rune pick axe and 2 rune axe (of course, other less worthwhile drop like beer or banana). But it does break the monotony of the game.

Lastly, I actually meet one of my best RS friend in the game due to the fact that he was killed by a river troll when he wasn't paying attention during his fishing expedition. I return one of the swordfish he dropped after he came back to pick up his stuff, and that's how we start our conversation in the first place (it's still our old running gag to this day, because he is a really good merchanter, and when he is flaunting his rares (in a non show off way, but joking way), I always bring up the troll topic which usually makes him semi embarrassed afterward.

Thanks very much for the feedback, Central Keeper. It's especially nice to know how you met your friend due to randoms - meeting friends on RS can happen for so many reasons, but I can honestly say I've not heard it being throught random events before. Thanks for posting. ;)

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

Very classy interview. I was a little shocked by all the mentions of having to waste experience by waiting around for a couple of minutes.... I guess for most people playing like that is a chore but if you enjoy it, more power to you.

Best part of interview, DotA shout out. Have you tried playing League of Legends? It's fairly similar and there are just as many trolls at the early levels but overall lots less leavers and such. Good luck on your goal.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Some complained it was unfair because it struck when they were moving. Some players proposed that an NPC pop up to explain it' date=' or that it would appear only in areas of stationary players. Instead, Jagex just removed tangle vine altogether.[/quote']

This is written very much like the text in RS Wiki's article about the Tangle Vine. Did you draw from the article or did someone edit the article to add what you said in the Times? I would guess the first case.

By bringing back tree spirits and so on' date=' and making them more regular, bots are constantly impeded and their progress slowed until they can be discovered and banned.[/quote']

Not true. They would just run off for 5 seconds until the random disappeared and then go back to skilling. Wouldn't impede bots at all, the players would lose even more time than the bots because their reaction time is slower. And they wouldn't get banned anyway, not under the current Jagex that is all too lenient on bots. One of the reasons I quit, as I stated in the previous article's discussion.

Best part of interview, DotA shout out. Have you tried playing League of Legends? It's fairly similar and there are just as many trolls at the early levels but overall lots less leavers and such. Good luck on your goal.

Or start playing competitive DotA, I love the game too :D

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

This is written very much like the text in RS Wiki's article about the Tangle Vine. Did you draw from the article or did someone edit the article to add what you said in the Times? I would guess the first case.

<_< Both accusations are wrong. I have a very good long term memory, and was lucky enough to experience tangle vine twice and to be involved in forum discussions about it on rants in the RSOF, some five years ago or more. The NPC was a very common suggestion; it was the only notable one to making tangle vine fairer. I signed a petition to do this at the time.

Intelligent criticisms are welcome.

<_< Both accusations are wrong. I have a very good long term memory, and was lucky enough to experience tangle vine twice and to be involved in forum discussions about it on rants in the RSOF, some five years ago or more. The NPC was a very common suggestion; it was the only notable one to making tangle vine fairer. I signed a petition to do this at the time.

You seem to have become offended by the question. I am only curious; I am not accusing you of copying from the Wiki! It could have been a coincidence, or someone decided to add your Times article's part to complement the Wiki article. However, the wording there has been altered, it is now alot different from your article's, when just a few hours ago it was almost the same. Did you not like the Wiki's similarity and edited it?

Very classy interview. I was a little shocked by all the mentions of having to waste experience by waiting around for a couple of minutes.... I guess for most people playing like that is a chore but if you enjoy it, more power to you.

I have played League of Legends a bit but I prefer DotA. Not that many leavers or trolls if I play with friends or clans. Really love that game.

And thanks, good luck to you too.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

You seem to have become offended by the question. I am only curious; I am not accusing you of copying from the Wiki! It could have been a coincidence, or someone decided to add your Times article's part to complement the Wiki article. However, the wording there has been altered, it is now alot different from your article's, when just a few hours ago it was almost the same. Did you not like the Wiki's similarity and edited it?

Surpisingly, I haven't been editing RS wiki. I do not care if there are any similarities between my article and RS wiki, and I do not have the time or wish to be fiddling around with a website I've used about three times in my life. <_< If it has indeed been edited - though I defy you to prove it - it's probably either coincidence or the work of a reader who is as underwhelmed by your feedback as I am.

I suggest you go back to your 9/11 conspiracy theories rather than posting random accusations on this thread.

Or start playing competitive DotA, I love the game too :D

Nah, Heroes of Newerth is easily the best DotA-copy out there.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Surpisingly, I haven't been editing RS wiki. I do not care if there are any similarities between my article and RS wiki, and I do not have the time or wish to be fiddling around with a website I've used about three times in my life. <_< If it has indeed been edited - though I defy you to prove it - it's probably either coincidence or the work of a reader who is as underwhelmed by your feedback as I am.

I suggest you go back to your 9/11 conspiracy theories rather than posting random accusations on this thread.

It is strikingly similar, however the wiki article hasn't been edited since January. So no conspiracy.