Botting in Runescape

Awolo

If botting was allowed, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have absolutely no interest in grinding skills when I could be dungeoneering or boss hunting. As it stands, though, it's way too risky to consider.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If botting was allowed, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have absolutely no interest in grinding skills when I could be dungeoneering or boss hunting. As it stands, though, it's way too risky to consider.

I agree with this for the most part. There are some grinding skills that I just can't bring myself to do. If there wasn't a risk and it wasn't against the rules, I would possibly do it.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Hi

Yeahh, and it's kinda sad that some of us feel this way, because if Jagex one day would allow this then it would (and it already has) devalueate items like skill capes.

Personally I'm not really interested in having a skill cape just so I can show the rest of world that I have wasted to many hours in-game instead of going out into the real world, but having said that I can still take a few moments standing an watching a (in admiration) player who is wearing a runecrafting skill cape.

I would absolutely hate to know that the player had botted his/her way to earn the right to wear it.

I have IRL friend who have botted multiple 99s without getting banned/rolledback/hacked. Even one guy who makes a few hundred bucks a month by botting maxed turm zerkers and selling them. That only happens if you bot for 24h or bot all night play all day.

Bot are very complex and antiban is brilliant, I've seen my friend run an agility bot and it is impossible to tell the difference between it an a real player, it makes little mistakes randomly, moves the pointer to check exp and different skills, opens different tabs, goes afk for short breaks, moves the pointer offscreen, clicks the obstacles in random parts, alternates between spamclicking and precision clicking. Much more realistic then a player like Jebrim that does perfect courses for 15 hours straight. People sink a lot of time into developing these and the community is massive, no wonder the products are so good at what they do.

Like Obt said, not worth the risk though of maybe leaving it on for 48hours and getting caught.

Once people get it into their heads that bots are inevitable and need to be accepted, maybe these threads will stop popping up.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I hate botters, the aren't good for other members, clans want to play GOP with friends and then there are an lot of bots.

This screen is at the Fishing Guld (World 69), see what an lot of bots there are:

botsareepic.png

Look at hiscores, all only 99 fishing.

Elite_Sun.png

Elite Sun says: "A day not Skilling is an day no EXP!"

Click on this text for my blog!

animreportbanner4ga.gif

Doesn't really concern me. You can't successfully bot dungeoneering, and even if you could, I play this game to achieve personal goals (and blow off steam/stress from life), not try to reach some prestige.

lalalasig2.png

Once people get it into their heads that bots are inevitable and need to be accepted, maybe these threads will stop popping up.

I'll concede that bots are inevitable, but I doubt they'll ever be accepted. Until they are, then people will continue to be frustrated with them and these threads will continue.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Doesn't really concern me. You can't successfully bot dungeoneering, and even if you could, I play this game to achieve personal goals (and blow off steam/stress from life), not try to reach some prestige.

A Dungeoneering bot does actually exist. The worrying thing right now is that the only thing stopping some people from participating in botting would be either the fear of Trojans, or their ethical stance about it. It's not unlikely that more players become botters if JaGex doesn't clearly show that they're at least *trying* to handle the situation

I'm firmly on the side that even if botting was allowed, I wouldn't do it. In fact, I just wouldn't play. What's the point if every rundown schmuck with a two dollar bot can come along and get the same things you did?

Not to say we've actually worked hard to point and click. Just makes me wish I started playing later when errthing was easier.

EDIT: Reading that again, I just realized how impossible to understand that was.

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

The thing about RuneScape is - even when players don't like playing, they still play. They like the high level content - wearing Torva, using Overloads and Turmoil with maxed melees - they just don't want to essentially dedicate half their life into it in order to get that 'high'.

RuneScape addiction only further worsens the problem.

The thing about goldfarming is - they need someone to sell the gold to. Thus, it's more about making sure a significant amount of people who feel they have to buy their way to success no longer needs to.

^

The day bots can do Nex as a coordinated team without a hitch is the day that I will bot.

If there are bots that do TDs flawlessly, a Nex bot can just as easily be created... Trust me.

09144a99bb.png

Flawless room detection and door opening

All 6 complexities supported

All 60 floors are fully supported

All 40 puzzle rooms are solvable

All 30 boss battles are individually scripted

Advanced exploration methods - capable of solving any dungeon

Maximize your experience by opening every explorable room in every dungeon

Full prayer & curses support for the boss battles and toughest monsters

Attack style switching knows the best way to kill each monster

Armor improving wields & upgrades armor along every floor

Skiller support - Achieve a Dungeoneering cape on your level 3

Food preparation

Melee, range, magic and backup combat support

Gatestone & groupstone teleporting

An incredible interactive paint

Customizable rush settings skip through rooms, rush designated floors, etc

Automatic weapon and armor binding upgrades your gear with higher tiers of its type

Fully failsafed to keep the script running for hours

Prestiges and repeats endlessly

All updates are free for life!

All from the paid dungeoneering script thread. In one of the threads people asked whats the highest dg level someone had that was 100% botted and there were various people with 110+ dg(one with 118) posting on the first few pages. Dungeoneering CAN be botted.

^

The day bots can do Nex as a coordinated team without a hitch is the day that I will bot.

If there are bots that do TDs flawlessly, a Nex bot can just as easily be created... Trust me.

I brought this idea up less than six months ago -- and the two of you scoffed at it back then. Now Ring says he'll bot and you say it's entirely possible ... <_<

----====----

The three of us have had this discussion so many times now, I have lost count.

For me, the problem with bots always has been, and remains, the inevitability of the "Bot Event Horizon" problem.

For those of you not familiar with Douglas Adams, I shall reiterate said theory for you:

The Bot Event Horizon is an economic theory that draws a correlation between the level of grinding to raise skills and make money within a game ("happiness") and the number of bots the game endures ("depression").

The theory is summarized as such: as the amount of grinding required to increase (happiness) levels increases, the players of the game need to improve their characters (relieve depression) by using bots.

As more bots are used in the game, more complicated bots are made, and the quality of the game-play begins to diminish because, in order to keep up with the better bots, more people have to bot in order to access the high level content (i.e. get more money and achieve better levels and obtain better equipment to by-pass the depressing feeling of being left behind other players who bot) – and the demand for more bots increases. This makes people use more bots.

This turns into a vicious cycle, the end result being that, ultimately the only players in the game are bots – and the Bot Event Horizon is reached.

At this point, the game ceases to function as it stops being "playable" ...

----====----

In the end, Jagex has really only two possible solutions:

1. To actively work at actually stopping the bots themselves – which Jagex has demonstrated, time and again, that they are simply unwilling or unable to do; or

2. To reduce the "grind" of acheiving higher levels – in a manner similar to MapleStory's Big Bang – and make it easier to access high level content within the game.

nyuseg.png

I think Rocked meant botting dungeoneering "successfully" i.e. getting good exp per hour with average time of 20 minutes/floor in a 5-man team.

A bot that does c6 solos/cooks food/makes armor sounds like terrible exp/hr. I'd be interested to know how long those 110+ people have had their bot running. It sounds like if anybody were to check their daily play times, they would far surpass a realistic human number. If that basic evidence hasn't been noticed I am very sad.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I think Rocked meant botting dungeoneering "successfully" i.e. getting good exp per hour with average time of 20 minutes/floor in a 5-man team.

A bot that does c6 solos/cooks food/makes armor sounds like terrible exp/hr. I'd be interested to know how long those 110+ people have had their bot running. It sounds like if anybody were to check their daily play times, they would far surpass a realistic human number. If that basic evidence hasn't been noticed I am very sad.

They don't make food or armour from what I can tell.

The best proggy I saw xp wise was 513 hours for 31m dg exp. That incldes lower lvls tho.

I think the better term you and Rocked are looking for is "efficiency" ...

Bots aren't necessarily efficient and they don't have to be. They simply "do things" -- in particular, those things that one would rather not be doing themselves.

<_<

nyuseg.png

I would post xp/h, but I'm not sure where that lies within the rules - it may 'indirectly encourage' some players to bot.

Arguably the "xp/hr" ratio is irrelevant anyways. Sure it's probably not as efficient as other "player-operated" methods but if someone cared about doing it efficiently, then they wouldn't bot.

nyuseg.png