Botting in Runescape

Awolo

In Wicked's case he likes to boss, but TD bots that crowd the spawns and lower the claw prices take out the fun in the game. How do you think he feels about 17m claws(ik he stakes for msot of his cash-pro stalker-but I bet he would have a lot more fun if claws were valued higher. Bots ruin the game for everyone whether you think so or not.

I would think I was a big cause of claws dropping to 16 or 17M. :P.

Then again, I think the reason they were high before was this: How are claws lost in the game? When they held 32M, they were lost in PvP. If you killed someone and they lost claws, you rarely got them as the drop. Now, not many claws are disappearing.

You also get people like me getting a very steady 30+ pairs a month...

would still be higher cost if less there were less botters

Edit: Did some research and the 3 main botting sites didn't have TD bots and there were threads saying it would be impossible to make because there was no way to predict what combat style it would use next. There are probably more advanced botting sites(cant mention; hint: rid are the initials) that aren't as popular that might have a script like that. highly doubt it due to the feedback on those threads though. Maybe those 'bots' were jsut extremely anti-social

People can make private scripts lol, doesn't have to be released to the public. People that create their own script to gold farm wouldn't want others using their bot

What?

m_theory11.png

In Wicked's case he likes to boss, but TD bots that crowd the spawns and lower the claw prices take out the fun in the game. How do you think he feels about 17m claws(ik he stakes for msot of his cash-pro stalker-but I bet he would have a lot more fun if claws were valued higher. Bots ruin the game for everyone whether you think so or not.

Then again, I think the reason they were high before was this: How are claws lost in the game? When they held 32M, they were lost in PvP. If you killed someone and they lost claws, you rarely got them as the drop. Now, not many claws are disappearing.

Edit: Did some research and the 3 main botting sites didn't have TD bots and there were threads saying it would be impossible to make because there was no way to predict what combat style it would use next. There are probably more advanced botting sites(cant mention; hint: rid are the initials) that aren't as popular that might have a script like that. highly doubt it due to the feedback on those threads though. Maybe those 'bots' were jsut extremely anti-social

People can make private scripts lol, doesn't have to be released to the public. People that create their own script to gold farm wouldn't want others using their bot

I've only seen one TD bot ever created and it was never released to the public. ;). It is entirely possible to know what combat style it will use because you can actually force them onto using melee. Only about 3 of us (Me, my GF, and possibly Everto) TD killers actually know how to do that.

09144a99bb.png

Thumbs up for OP for noticing all those things. I was becoming afraid that I was becoming the minority for actually noticing how bad the problem is.

I feel like the game has died to us "casual" (if you're really "pro" then NONE of this matters to you because you'll play even when the meteor is crashing down) players who would never bot and who plays for achievement and the MMO experience. If you want to treat RS like a solo game for $5 a month or if you don't care if your achievements/bank means anything, then sure you can keep playing. I really had faith in RS for the longest time - but all that is gone. Most of my "achievements" are also pretty meaningless now. I would take a trophy on PSN over a 99 in RS at this point.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Thumbs up for OP for noticing all those things. I was becoming afraid that I was becoming the minority for actually noticing how bad the problem is.

I feel like the game has died to us "casual" (if you're really "pro" then NONE of this matters to you because you'll play even when the meteor is crashing down) players who would never bot and who plays for achievement and the MMO experience. If you want to treat RS like a solo game for $5 a month or if you don't care if your achievements/bank means anything, then sure you can keep playing. I really had faith in RS for the longest time - but all that is gone. Most of my "achievements" are also pretty meaningless now. I would take a trophy on PSN over a 99 in RS at this point.

I'm not sure it makes achievement meaningless. Among my group of friends, players we know who bot are normally added to ignore list and their achievements mean absolutely nothing to any of us (after all, anyone can bot skills). It really comes down to the question: even without bots, would your achievements be important to players you don't know [though obviously it matters to friends]? The answer, for most of us, would be no. (I know, people enjoy tracking celebrity and/or top players; they are a little different.) That feeling of accomplishment stopped for me, around skillcape number five, though I assume when I gain 99 in "challenging" skills, such as Agility or Runecrafting, or when I finally gain maxed total, that feeling will return. It was never about glory though, it was my will to set and meet a goal that really mattered.

Don't misunderstand me though. I hate bots and I hate that cheaters normally get away with botting their skills, but it doesn't make me want to quit. I'm also willing to admit that for players like myself, who are planning to max their character, bots actually make the game easier [by flooding the market with bones, herbs, and other raw materials]. That doesn't mean I want to keep them around though. Quite frankly, I miss those days when Jagex would just mass ban a few thousand cheaters and let us know they did it.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Thank you Kimberly.

OT:

I believe that achievements shouldn't be determined by what others think of them or how common they are whether it be due to bots or to how fast/easy the skill is. I don't care if 100k other people have a certain stat at 99, I want it and when I get that 99 it will be an achievement to me. That feeling of accomplishment can still be there if you want it to be.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I had to stop it after all the "an report," and, "an door," and, "an bot race," and, "an bot."

Cannon works for several crappy bots. People willing to use ones that don't have a simple work-around for the key phrase, "You can not light a fire here."

My new favorite is the way I found to kill black dragon bots and trap astral crafters. Good money there. ;).

09144a99bb.png

I had to stop it after all the "an report," and, "an door," and, "an bot race," and, "an bot."

Cannon works for several crappy bots. People willing to use ones that don't have a simple work-around for the key phrase, "You can not light a fire here."

My new favorite is the way I found to kill black dragon bots and trap astral crafters. Good money there. ;).

pm me plox i must know how to do this, <-is already killing white berry botters for cash

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Anyone who could create a successful script for TD's would be better served using their talents elsewhere. As it is, I'm skeptical of there being a TD bot. Though I could be wrong, since I haven't been to TD's in forever).

Anyone who could create a successful script for TD's would be better served using their talents elsewhere. As it is, I'm skeptical of there being a TD bot. Though I could be wrong, since I haven't been to TD's in forever).

The person who created the only TD bot has actually replied many times in this thread. I'm not allowed, according to TIF mods, to name botters or bot developers but many people know who he is... There was a huge uproar about there being a TD bot in the pictures thread a few months ago. Trust me, it was capable of killing 3 TDs at once, full gear switching (8 items), switching corect prayers, forcing the TDs onto melee attack style, luring, etc. It could kill a TD in under 20-25 seconds. ;).

It could also successfully duo if run on two networked computers. The developer only sent it to 5 other people.

This person also wrote one of the first bot clients for a currently very popular botting website.

09144a99bb.png

I am not too sure about that. Run a bot farm of td hunters, then sell the gold for cash. I am pretty sure that's why some of these scripts are written. And just because someone is a highly skilled individual, doesn't mean they are going to use the skills in the most useful ways at all times.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Don't these bot makers get paid for their scripts anyway? I heard that the guy that wrote the dungeoneering bot made over 200k$+ from his script, try telling him that his skill could be used better elsewhere.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

999, if they make VIP scripts then they do. In-fact, it's extremely good money! As you said, people have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars off single scripts. Other people make more then that from writing smaller, simpler, but more scripts.

Some sites pay by members. For example: If I was a VIP scripter at SiteX, and SiteX had an average of 5,000 paying members of $10 per month, they might just give me a portion of that. Or, you can hope to make more buy having people buy your scripts, and making money solely on that. But you wouldn't get a portion of the 5,000 members. The creator of the Dungeoneering bot most likely just sold his script rather then take a portion.

It is very good, very easy, very fast money. A well-known and trusted developer can easily make a living off of such.

09144a99bb.png

Don't these bot makers get paid for their scripts anyway? I heard that the guy that wrote the dungeoneering bot made over 200k$+ from his script, try telling him that his skill could be used better elsewhere.

Hi

$200k+ means that atleast 10 - 20k players are using a dung bot. That is absolutely unbelievable !

I have watched a few youtube vids of dung bots in action and I must say that I'm kinda impressed with what I have seen so far, I actually think that they play dung better than I do (at times !).

The bot would probably be better than I am at DG. I don't do it often enough to have memorized the best attack style for every creature/boss and frequently have to refer to guides, especially for bosses, and if there's more than a couple of key doors I tend to get them confused. The bot would have all of that scripted into it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The bot would probably be better than I am at DG. I don't do it often enough to have memorized the best attack style for every creature/boss and frequently have to refer to guides, especially for bosses, and if there's more than a couple of key doors I tend to get them confused. The bot would have all of that scripted into it.

Hi

I have almost the exact same problems as you do - except for the doors that need a key.

If there is one thing I envy the bots, then I would say their lack of emotion because I ALWAYS become a bit nervous when I come up against a boss which I haven't slain before.

I've only seen one TD bot ever created and it was never released to the public. ;). It is entirely possible to know what combat style it will use because you can actually force them onto using melee. Only about 3 of us (Me, my GF, and possibly Everto) TD killers actually know how to do that.

That trick is amazing, especially if you have Soul Split :shades:

td2sig.jpg

That trick is amazing, especially if you have Soul Split :shades:

Hehe, shhh. I told them if they want to know it, they have to come on a TD trip with me and watch for it. TBH, I really just looks like a mis-click, eh? :). Don't really need that trick appearing on YouTube...

Use the force melee attack style trick, use the force melee prayer trick, barrage with a max mager and range with a cannoner. 10-15 second TDs. Lol. Or just kill 3 TDs at a time. Hella efficient. :P.

09144a99bb.png

You don't understand though. They can run that bot 24/7 which is around 2,160,000 exp a day. Do you get 2m exp while dunging daily? Doubt it. To everyone else, doesn't it bug you that someone can train and get higher stats/levels without even putting effort into it?

Why should I care that someone's so desperate for virtual 'achievements' that they get a program to play for them?

I play to have fun, not to be better than everyone else. The feeling of accomplishment when I complete a goal of mine/reach a specific goal is enough for me. ;)

You should care because that someone who's desperate for virtual achievements could have ramifications to your achievements. I care because people

who BOT are clearly deterring me from training slayer because of those bots who are crowding up slayer tasks to achieve their goals are making it harder for ME to

achieve mines. They don't put any effort whatsoever while I have to constantly bear the burden of switching world and competing against someone who doesn't even play this

game! I can understand denial but apathy is far worse.

With that said, It's unlikely Jagex is going to take immediate action against bots YET as we all know Jagex is into $$ more than its customer's satisfaction.

What slayer tasks are you competing for?

Turoths, Black Demons, Dragons, and several Slayer Tower tasks are all camped by bots. You can use resource dungeons for Black Demons and several types of Dragons, but those don't allow you to cannon so you're still losing out.

td2sig.jpg

I could see that being a problem for someone who doesn't have access to kuradal. The only problematic task for someone using kuradal would be Black Demons, but those you can just use foreign servers or a fighting familiar in the resource dg if you have a high summoning level.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]