My data for equilibrium:

Slice with dual bronze scims: 128 hits, min hit 92, max hit 274. Between 40% and 125% of max hit.

Slice with dual bronze scims and equilibrium: 52 hits, min hit 136, max hit 226. Between 52% and 93% of max hit

So the min hit is (Max hit)*(ability min percent)*1.25

and max hit is (Max hit)*(ability max percent)*0.75

Let Y be your max hit, M be the ability max percent and m be the ability min percent

Without equilibrium your average hit is (Ym+YM)/2

With equilibrium your average hit is (1.25Ym+0.75YM)/2

If not using equilibrium is better then

(Ym+YM)/2 > (1.25Ym+0.75YM)/2

m+M> 1.25m+0.75M

0.25M>0.25m

M>m

obviously M is bigger than m which means you should never use equilibrium

Yay maths!

Edit: I guess it's still worth using if you're killing young grotworms or something else with really low hp. No idea how much it would help or hinder you if you are using momentum.

• Like 1

Er, what's wrong with claws?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Claws are worth a fraction (a small fraction) of what a Dragon plate part or a pair dragon limbs would cost.

Edit: is it just me or has Q's blog been taken over by other people's personal rs updates?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Wait, what? I can see dragon limbs, since I assume that crossbow is damn good and worth a lot, but I'd expect claws to be semi pricy after that chaotic spike update...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Dragon claws never ever regained its price, because Chaotic claw update coincided with KK update, and the fact that it was a Fastest weapon instead of a fast weapon like all other chaotic 1h'ers, plus the fact that Dual wield, back when Drygores/claws were released, were actually crap compared to 2h, ensure that Dragon Claws would never see the light of day.

The only reason people would ever get claws now is if they cannot afford a set of Drygores AND they haven't already got another set of Chaotic melee weapons. (And even then some people will get Rapier/Long since it does 'more damage' than Claws).

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Not to mention.. they don't look as awesome as they used to!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

If you mean shit as in the best melee weapons besides drygores, then I'd agree.

tim_chenw2.png

If you mean shit as in the best melee weapons besides drygores, then I'd agree.

Which is why I'm surprised they're worth so little.

It's 200k dg tokens per claw to upgrade right?

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

20k per spike, 5 spikes per claw, which makes them better to buy than any other chaotic.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Well you can very easily give each weapon a small % bonus to a given stat/ability, e.g. when using hammers/mauls/maces your stuns last 50% longer, when using daggers/shortswords/spears your DoTs do 10-20% more damage, when using scimitars/longswords/2h swords you get +2% crit chance or w/e, when using claws ultimate abilities only take two ticks...

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

20k per spike, 5 spikes per claw, which makes them better to buy than any other chaotic.

Oh. 200k for the set. I like it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

You should get a small damage boost for following a monster's weakness

This is a much better idea then "You can't effectively kill the monster because you don't have the right weapon/combat style."

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

You should get a small damage boost for following a monster's weakness

This is a much better idea then "You can't effectively kill the monster because you don't have the right weapon/combat style."

Or, more realistically, "This monster's weakness doesn't matter because you're using a level 90 weapon".

• Like 2

Yeah, Drygore cost are a joke for its power... Compared to Magic whose T80 wand/book costs about as much as a set of drygores, or compared to Ranged whose T90 mainhand costs more than a set of drygores)

Which is why no one is using Chaotic melees anymore.

tim_chenw2.png

Master wand has crap accuracy and Ahrim's is just not accurate enough for higher level boss things.

Virtus wand was pretty much behind the whole Barrage every slayer task, since it was accurate enough to hit everything on the task list.

tim_chenw2.png

Master wand has crap accuracy and Ahrim's is just not accurate enough for higher level boss things.

Virtus wand was pretty much behind the whole Barrage every slayer task, since it was accurate enough to hit everything on the task list.

Plus, I just want to kill everything with magic not melee.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

You were saying that drygores replace these. I believe the loss in accuracy from virtus to ahrims is lower than the loss in accuracy from virtus to drygore in a situation when accuracy bonus is important. And if you think that drygores would still be better dps then you phrased your point badly because you were comparing prices.

Masters wand is not really inaccurate for slayer.