9th-Aug-2011 - Graphical and Audio Updates

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to terms with the fact that JaGex will always neglect P2P areas when it comes to graphical updates.

Ardy/Yanille/Seers/Catherby have looked the same since they've been released lol. I bet Al Kharid gets an update before any of those.

Ardy and seers got retouched. Ardy when RSHD came out (summer '08) and seers a bit later i think.

Ardy looks nice, but seers was a sloppy recycle of previous tiles.

I really want to see the gnome areas retouched. JaGex has a great art/graphics team (in my opinion) and they could really make areas like the tree gnome stronghold shine.

Euuh... You guys forgot something, Trolls? Since when is the troll area f2p? :P Oh and don't forget the lost city (zanaris).

F2P areas get updated much more frequently than P2P areas do. I would be fine if Jagex redid the graphics on all of the free world before they started working on the members areas, but that's not what we see.

F2P ares will be updated over and over again, while P2P areas rarely see graphical updates.

4e0Vn.png

I've come to terms with the fact that JaGex will always neglect P2P areas when it comes to graphical updates.

Ardy/Yanille/Seers/Catherby have looked the same since they've been released lol. I bet Al Kharid gets an update before any of those.

Ardy and seers got retouched. Ardy when RSHD came out (summer '08) and seers a bit later i think.

Ardy looks nice, but seers was a sloppy recycle of previous tiles.

I really want to see the gnome areas retouched. JaGex has a great art/graphics team (in my opinion) and they could really make areas like the tree gnome stronghold shine.

Euuh... You guys forgot something, Trolls? Since when is the troll area f2p? :P Oh and don't forget the lost city (zanaris).

F2P areas get updated much more frequently than P2P areas do. I would be fine if Jagex redid the graphics on all of the free world before they started working on the members areas, but that's not what we see.

F2P ares will be updated over and over again, while P2P areas rarely see graphical updates.

I see those "updates" you mentioned as things they tried to see if it worked, I think they will update every area of runescape from now on in the same quality as at lumbridge swamp.

And still your argument isn't valid, zanaris (lost city) has been updated at least twice (maybe even three times). And as far as I know f2p areas are p2p too.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It would seem Owan has a mouth... of Duke Nukem.

5vrtcy.jpg

I fell off the chair laughing at this.

I would have, but I'm sitting on a bed. <3:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I see those "updates" you mentioned as things they tried to see if it worked, I think they will update every area of runescape from now on in the same quality as at lumbridge swamp.

And still your argument isn't valid, zanaris (lost city) has been updated at least twice (maybe even three times). And as far as I know f2p areas are p2p too.

It's completely valid actually.

I didn't say that members areas never get updated. I even mentioned some of the updates that I can think of off hand. I also credited jagex on having a great art/graphics team. I think that they have been building beautiful environments lately.

There are only 3 parts of the free map that haven't seen a graphical update. The woods north of fally, the woods west of lumbridge, and karamaja.

Woods north of fally update

[hide]Runescape_03.jpg[/hide]

Woods west of lumbridge update

[hide]Runescape_18.jpg[/hide]

I think that the payed world should be updated more frequently than the free world. Not the same speed, and not slower as we've been seeing.

Oh and here is yet another lumbridge retouch

[hide]Runescape_19.jpg[/hide]

4e0Vn.png

I for one am glad that the furnace in Edgeville is actually a furnace now and not a fireplace.

Glad indeed!

Lmao I noted that when the update came out, but was too lazy and felt it wasn't a huge conversation starter to mention.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I like the New GE :thumbup:

Haven't been to check Edgeville yet. Haven't trained Magic in a while.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

It's completely valid actually.

I didn't say that members areas never get updated. I even mentioned some of the updates that I can think of off hand. I also credited jagex on having a great art/graphics team. I think that they have been building beautiful environments lately.

There are only 3 parts of the free map that haven't seen a graphical update. The woods north of fally, the woods west of lumbridge, and karamaja.

Woods north of fally update

[hide]Runescape_03.jpg[/hide]

Woods west of lumbridge update

[hide]Runescape_18.jpg[/hide]

I think that the payed world should be updated more frequently than the free world. Not the same speed, and not slower as we've been seeing.

Oh and here is yet another lumbridge retouch

[hide]Runescape_19.jpg[/hide]

But why do you want P2P only areas updated so much? F2P areas are P2P too and are more used than P2P only updates. It is not like you won't be visiting F2P areas right?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

But why do you want P2P only areas updated so much? F2P areas are P2P too and are more used than P2P only updates. It is not like you won't be visiting F2P areas right?

I would like to see more members areas updated. I don't see why that's a problem. I would like for the game to have a constant level of quality. I don't want to be in a gorgeous F2P area and teleport to an area that looks like dog [cabbage].

I'll say again that I love what the graphics team has been doing lately. I rarely dislike the way they make things look. I would just like to see more members areas updated. There are plenty of areas that see enough traffic to warrant an update.

I feel that's fair as a paying member on two accounts.

4e0Vn.png

Members areas look like they havent been touched since RSHD came out in 2008. Some weren't even touched much then, just texturized.

The area around Ardougne, Feldip Hills area, Morytania. Most look really outdated.

Happy they are deciding to fix them up now.

Members areas look like they havent been touched since RSHD came out in 2008. Some weren't even touched much then, just texturized.

The area around Ardougne, Feldip Hills area, Morytania. Most look really outdated.

Happy they are deciding to fix them up now.

Elven lands too. They looked great when they came out. Still look good, but I know it's been years since they updated it.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

I'm glad they got the spell/prayer thing fixed in a timely manner instead of waiting for the next content update to do so as is their habit with these sorts of things.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

I'm glad they got the spell/prayer thing fixed in a timely manner instead of waiting for the next content update to do so as is their habit with these sorts of things.

Same. Was annoying using the new ones in Dungeoneering. Kept missclicking next to the icon which most of the time ended in taking a bit of damage.