9th-Aug-2011 - Graphical and Audio Updates

Saradomin_Mage

@Den, this is the world offline message from today.

http://services.rune...ver-maintenance

I don't even know where you found that older one, but I'm telling you that message was from atleast a week ago, maybe more.

It was between the August BTS and today's Graphic Update post, marked as "posted on 9th of August". It got removed and replaced by the current message stating all worlds are offline.

Edit: Drum beat me to it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet those riots hit Jagex`s office. RIP

Now that would be funny :lol:

In other news, I haven't played with sound on since 2005.

The graphical updates are kind of cool though.

This. lol, i wonder if i should turn it on now?

Naw. It'll be the same midi-crap it's always been.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Meh GE still isn't planned that well. I expect people to be flocking to the North West and South West corners the most. Better than all in the center I guess though.

North East corner is now closer to a Spirit Tree than the M.A. bank. I'll be camping this spot. :twisted: Dem Evil trees.

Ahhhh. Thanks Serp.

Looks nice.

:thumbup:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The least Jagex could have done with this update was allow familiars at the GE. I thought they were spreading out the kiosks to help reduce lag?

Absolutely no reason not to allow them now, seeing as you can summon familiars right next to them so lag can't be their excuse any more.

What makes it worse is that since the GE was expanded in size, I'm not sure if you can go around it anymore to take the shortcut to Edgeville.

j0xPu5R.png

When did they add the Mac client? :o

I am 100% sure it wasn't there 5-6 weeks ago. Though I can't test it because my computer is being repaired...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't there one week ago. That's because RS wasn't working at all on Lion for some strange reason, so I followed a guide on the RSOF to compile the windows client for mac.

it work better then safari for me so i am happy

let's just hope that it stays that way.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I've come to terms with the fact that JaGex will always neglect P2P areas when it comes to graphical updates.

Ardy/Yanille/Seers/Catherby have looked the same since they've been released lol. I bet Al Kharid gets an update before any of those.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Anyone thinking that perhaps... Just perhaps... Next month is gona be another one of them "toughen up" BXPW's for RotM seeing as we have competition in the form of Raptor... Also what's the betting that he's an evil guy with a massive ego who reckons he can best you in a fight so is stringing you along just for now? Also who reckons he'll be in RotM?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I've come to terms with the fact that JaGex will always neglect P2P areas when it comes to graphical updates.

Ardy/Yanille/Seers/Catherby have looked the same since they've been released lol. I bet Al Kharid gets an update before any of those.

Ehm, you do know Ardougne and Seers were updated not too long ago? :s

Al Kharid got updated along with Ardougne and Lumbridge.

Ardy and seers got retouched. Ardy when RSHD came out (summer '08) and seers a bit later i think.

Ardy looks nice, but seers was a sloppy recycle of previous tiles.

I really want to see the gnome areas retouched. JaGex has a great art/graphics team (in my opinion) and they could really make areas like the tree gnome stronghold shine.

4e0Vn.png