9th-Aug-2011 - Graphical and Audio Updates

Saradomin_Mage

You guys sound like you didn't expect the G.E/Edgeville to be updated today. The updates usually go by how they are listed in the BTS (even though Edge was listed later, it would fit to be updated with other graphic updates such as the G.E.). The new Temple Trekking and Branches of Darkmeyer will probably be next, then the mini-game updates at the end of the month.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the graphic updates but the teleport spells and presumably other spells but idk, however the teleport spells sound really out of place.

Sounds like doors opening on star trek or maybe alien vs predator spaceship doors. Not teleporting. Its a bit spooky sounding when your teleporting to sunny areas lol.

I /like/ the sounds well enough but for pyramid doors or something. Not so much for teleporting.

You guys sound like you didn't expect the G.E/Edgeville to be updated today. The updates usually go by how they are listed in the BTS (even though Edge was listed later, it would fit to be updated with other graphic updates such as the G.E.). The new Temple Trekking and Branches of Darkmeyer will probably be next, then the mini-game updates at the end of the month.

I think it's more than we expected more to come with the update since today's was so minor. It hardly seems fitting to be a dedicated weekly update after a 2 week break.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I really want to see the gnome areas retouched. JaGex has a great art/graphics team (in my opinion) and they could really make areas like the tree gnome stronghold shine.

I, personally, want them to stay away from the gnomes. I mean, it's bad enough as it is what with them looking like the Keebler elves.

a70c7.png

I'm not saying the riots in England are because of Runescape's lack of good updates. I'm just saying that if Runescape had better updates, people would be too busy playing to be rioting.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

I'm not saying the riots in England are because of Runescape's lack of good updates. I'm just saying that if Runescape had better updates, people would be too busy playing to be rioting.

I hope you aren't serious. I know you arent serious.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No, I'm not. These riots are being causes by the same young hooded punks that are the source of all riots in civilized countries.

-edit- And by civilized, I meant not rioting over a dictator or something like that.

No, I'm not. These riots are being causes by the same young hooded punks that are the source of all riots in civilized countries.

-edit- And by civilized, I meant not rioting over a dictator or something like that.

stfu don't derail the thread. go discuss that here

stfu don't derail the thread. go discuss that here

I didn't really wanna discuss it or derail the thread. My post was this was yet another rather core update. No real content, but does improve game. Bit dull though.

Nothing that would make a person want to play the game more though.

But nothing that would really make you want to play less either. Jagex obviously needs to keep working on graphical updates (audio is debatable - I haven't had my sound on in years) or the game would become stale and people would move onto pastures with greener pixels.

Although, I have to admit I would probably still play even if everything still looked like it did 6 years ago. :^_^:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

But nothing that would really make you want to play less either. Jagex obviously needs to keep working on graphical updates (audio is debatable - I haven't had my sound on in years) or the game would become stale and people would move onto pastures with greener pixels.

Although, I have to admit I would probably still play even if everything still looked like it did 6 years ago. :^_^:

Yes, but the crux is that the good updates have been these. Content updates have been pretty lacking. And if these are the good updates, then oy vey.

PS Is it true your first name is Al?

No, it's Ken. Why? :-s

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

No, it's Ken. Why? :-s

lol, it was an Al Kaida joke. :rolleyes:

Lol. I completely missed that. Well played. :lol:

The biggest update that came today was that they apparently (confirmation needed?) added a stat-draining stop attack to Nex to nerf the solo method.

In patch notes. Drains stats, speeds up overload timer and does 100 damage. Woox said he's still (ab)using it though.

The biggest update that came today was that they apparently (confirmation needed?) added a stat-draining stop attack to Nex to nerf the solo method.

In patch notes. Drains stats, speeds up overload timer and does 100 damage. Woox said he's still (ab)using it though.

Seems like a pointless change, honestly. There are probably less than 20 players who actually regularly solo Nex. It takes somewhere around 50 minutes to do ONE solo kill, and even then, you have to have all the best equipment in the game (Pernix + Divine) to stand a chance.

td2sig.jpg

Seems like a pointless change, honestly. There are probably less than 20 players who actually regularly solo Nex. It takes somewhere around 50 minutes to do ONE solo kill, and even then, you have to have all the best equipment in the game (Pernix + Divine) to stand a chance.

Yet score big bucks that nobody else can match. Hence the problem.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Actually, it's not worth soloing Nex unless you can get like 30 minute kills consistently, and even then it's barely on par with the much easier trio/quartet. So I wouldn't be too concerned about the solo Nex bit, it's more that Jagex never intended her AI to react to standing underneath the way it does, and it's too hard to fix it (or they don't want to spend time on it).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I didn't really wanna discuss it or derail the thread. My post was this was yet another rather core update. No real content, but does improve game. Bit dull though.

I'd agree that environmental updates don't draw as many oohs and aahhs from players. Usually it takes a radical NPC update to bring that about. Anybody that remember the original dragon graphics update a few years back will note those were considered one of the best updates of the year despite not adding to gameplay. Of course, that was a pretty big jump that was pre-high detail update.

Basically, many players would appreciate noticeable update to the graphics and gameplay of existing content. The new "stay members and get benefits" can hold over the "need continual new content" crowd for now.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Jagex has added 3 new screenshots in the Media page (they are at the bottom of the screenshot section). Can someone check it out and tell me the locations of the shots, because I can't tell for the life of me. :mellow:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

First one is somewhere in Burthrope.

Second one is probably Darkmeyer.

Third is I think Taverly.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I've come to terms with the fact that JaGex will always neglect P2P areas when it comes to graphical updates.

Ardy/Yanille/Seers/Catherby have looked the same since they've been released lol. I bet Al Kharid gets an update before any of those.

Ardy and seers got retouched. Ardy when RSHD came out (summer '08) and seers a bit later i think.

Ardy looks nice, but seers was a sloppy recycle of previous tiles.

I really want to see the gnome areas retouched. JaGex has a great art/graphics team (in my opinion) and they could really make areas like the tree gnome stronghold shine.

Euuh... You guys forgot something, Trolls? Since when is the troll area f2p? :P Oh and don't forget the lost city (zanaris).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!