17-Aug-2011 - Temple Trekking: Revamped

Tim

Also just to clarify about the whole: "does lumberjack stuff still drop or not if you already have a full set" topic...the answer is YES IT CAN STILL DROP

Just had prolly my 6th or 7th Undead lumberjack one (seemed to be way more common for me before) and I did just get a Lumberjack top drop. So now I am up to 23 boots, 10 (or 17 idm) hats, 9 pants, and 2 tops now.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to this temple trekking game... But after getting Jayene Kliyn to level 92 and Pazuzu to 62 (Pazuzu is slow...) I did only have one lumberjack event... (I got more without lumberjack) and no drop... That seems rare to me... A question is there a faster way to level them up then to let them kill the ghasts and snakes? (range/mage onces can safespot ghasts and a snail helmet reduces snakes damages)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Pazuzu is one of the fastest to level, if you think she's slow don't go near Zachory, Rolayne or Smiddi they are all much slower.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Pazuzu is one of the fastest to level, if you think she's slow don't go near Zachory, Rolayne or Smiddi they are all much slower.

well i want to level them all to 99, but is Jayene Kliyn very quick then? because I got her to 99 when i just got Pazuzu to 64...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Dean is the fastest Jayene and Pazuzu are pretty evenly matched then Zachory is the next slowest. Then massive leap down to Rolayne as he can't fight like at all, but does fight a little 20+ then again much slower for Smiddi as she don't fight at all.

When I did it I got zach to 25 while jayene got to 30ish then started of pazuzu and she got to mid 80s when jayene maxed; just luck of the events

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks, then how do you train the persons? Because i let them fight ghasts (safe spotting) and snakes/snails if they are high enough for them. But they seem to gain small xp too at events where they don't do anything.

Retired item crew

Combat gives the most xp, but completing events also gives a small amount of xp.

On Rolayne and Smiddi all you can do is rush through completing as many treks as possible to get xp for them.

But Dean, Pazuzu, Jayene and Zachory you want to let them kill as much as possible, so let them do ghasts, snails, snakes, shades, nail beasts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Combat xp is worth a lot more than event xp. From my calculations, approximately 50 LP of damage dealt in combat is equivalent to successfully completely the bridge event / Abidor event on hard mode.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They get experience both from fighting monsters and from completing events.

When I trained Zachory to level 99 I had him farcasting snails across the swamp and then safespotted for snakes, ghast and nail beasts.

Took a while, but once he reaches 75, it speed it up a little.

Thanks all :) I really like this minigame but I hope i get all the lumberjack before I get all the people maxed... as right now 1 lumberjack event and 0 pieces...

Retired item crew

Thanks all :) I really like this minigame but I hope i get all the lumberjack before I get all the people maxed... as right now 1 lumberjack event and 0 pieces...

I've got the two hard guys in their mid 40s, Pazuzu in his mid 50s, and the rest at 99. I haven't gotten any of the lumberjack clothing yet. Not that I really care though, I don't like its look much and I already have 99 woodcutting.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

You can specifically "go after" lumberjack events if that's what you're primarily after.

Once you level your follower to the point that he starts running, he can help you to determine what lies ahead on the path you're going to take. Instead of clicking "quick-continue" path, just left click it normally, and your follower will give you a hint about what's coming down that path. You can do this on the easy, medium and hard routes to see what's ahead on each of them.

So, if your companion ever mentions a bridge, you know that's the one you want. Go for it, and there's a 50% chance of spawning zombie lumberjacks. After that, it's just a matter of repeating this process to yield all 4 parts.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You can specifically "go after" lumberjack events if that's what you're primarily after.

Once you level your follower to the point that he starts running, he can help you to determine what lies ahead on the path you're going to take. Instead of clicking "quick-continue" path, just left click it normally, and your follower will give you a hint about what's coming down that path. You can do this on the easy, medium and hard routes to see what's ahead on each of them.

So, if your companion ever mentions a bridge, you know that's the one you want. Go for it, and there's a 50% chance of spawning zombie lumberjacks. After that, it's just a matter of repeating this process to yield all 4 parts.

For reference:

lvl 75 for jayene and pazuzu

79 for zachory

80 for dean

92 for smiddi

20 for rolayne

Is when they start telling ya.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I've found that in the 50s, Rolayne and Smiddi both gain a level almost every trek, so it isn't really bad if you do easy. I haven't done any of the ones who fight with you, since I wanted to do the slow ones first.

Does anyone know if you can get red tokens from the easier followers, obviously as long as you do hard events? (I want to get more torstol)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I've found that in the 50s, Rolayne and Smiddi both gain a level almost every trek, so it isn't really bad if you do easy. I haven't done any of the ones who fight with you, since I wanted to do the slow ones first.

Does anyone know if you can get red tokens from the easier followers, obviously as long as you do hard events? (I want to get more torstol)

I got red ones sometimes from only doing medium ones, so it would make sense that you can get it from them while doing hard ones too.

Retired item crew

Hi

I have finally managed to unlock the rewards I was seeking from the Temple Trekking mini-game only to discover that two of them seem to be a bit cumbersome to use !

The rewards:

Zachory: shortcut to Mort'ton through the trapdoor behind the pub in Canifis

Jayene: the Ouroboros pouch

100 total levels: shortcut to the nature grotto

The two rewards which I find cumbersome to use is the shortcuts as I feel they restrict my freedom a little, because now I have to remember whether or not I have set for example the nature grotto shortcut correct when I go through the gate into Mort Myre - I could end up at the nature grotto even if I only wanted to pass though the gate !

The exact same issue applies to the Canifis => Mort'ton shortcut - the potential problem are for those who craft Blood Runes.

I'm asking myself whether or not it would have been that hard for Jagex to have made some sort of portal (one by the gate to Mort Myre and one down in the basement of the pub) we could have walked through and ended up the place we have unlocked instead of this toggling on/off

So I'm a bit dissapointed.

What do the rest of you think ?

Ps. I find the Ouroboros Pouch a really nice thing to have, it is too cheap and too easy to obtain when one looks at its usefulness - Jagex did a good job on this one !

Hi

I have finally managed to unlock the rewards I was seeking from the Temple Trekking mini-game only to discover that two of them seem to be a bit cumbersome to use !

The rewards:

Zachory: shortcut to Mort'ton through the trapdoor behind the pub in Canifis

Jayene: the Ouroboros pouch

100 total levels: shortcut to the nature grotto

The two rewards which I find cumbersome to use is the shortcuts as I feel they restrict my freedom a little, because now I have to remember whether or not I have set for example the nature grotto shortcut correct when I go through the gate into Mort Myre - I could end up at the nature grotto even if I only wanted to pass though the gate !

The exact same issue applies to the Canifis => Mort'ton shortcut - the potential problem are for those who craft Blood Runes.

I'm asking myself whether or not it would have been that hard for Jagex to have made some sort of portal (one by the gate to Mort Myre and one down in the basement of the pub) we could have walked through and ended up the place we have unlocked instead of this toggling on/off

So I'm a bit dissapointed.

What do the rest of you think ?

Ps. I find the Ouroboros Pouch a really nice thing to have, it is too cheap and too easy to obtain when one looks at its usefulness - Jagex did a good job on this one !

I think the shortcuts are nice and you can still set them back at the pillar so it is not that difficult and if you can't remember just check the pillar before you go trough.

Retired item crew

I think the shortcuts are nice and you can still set them back at the pillar so it is not that difficult and if you can't remember just check the pillar before you go trough.

Yes, but it would have been nice if one didn't had to check the shortcut settings - that's just my only problem with it.

Other than that minor issue I'm also extremely satisfied with these new shortcuts - especially the one leading to Mort'ton.

I find no issue with the shortcuts.

Afterall neither area they enter un-shortcutted is of extreme use.

Bout the only reason to go into the swamp itself is for penguins and that you can just jump through a fairy ring.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I find no issue with the shortcuts.

Afterall neither area they enter un-shortcutted is of extreme use.

Bout the only reason to go into the swamp itself is for penguins and that you can just jump through a fairy ring.

What about crafting Blood Runes - wouldn't it be pretty annoying to end up in Mort'ton when you intended to runecraft some Blood runes just because you've forgot toggle the switch.

I'll go as far as to agree with you that on a daily basis it won't have a huge impact, but that's just about as far as I can stretch myself.

If I was crafting blood runes I wouldn't be going there as it is a stupidly long run and not worthwhile.

I would either use the abyss or make the effort to get blood alatr teletabs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If I was crafting blood runes I wouldn't be going there as it is a stupidly long run and not worthwhile.

I would either use the abyss or make the effort to get blood alatr teletabs

Maybe mutated bloodvelds or for some people those mort myre fungi.

Retired item crew