17-Aug-2011 - Temple Trekking: Revamped

Tim

Is there any info about the different vyre corpses? I've heard there's 5, but don't know of any difference.

Any idea how much magic pyre logs are going for?

As far as I've heard no difference in them functionally.

All it is is the new vyre corpses include the wings and (as with prior vyres) theres a few variants on wing colouring etc. so they drop a corpse visually appropriate

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't even..."?

And i hate Zachory Bragg for being so weak. Even after level 59, when he gets fire blast, he's not any good.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Has anyone tried Zachory at easy or medium route? Perhaps he hits better there.

He still sucks at medium. Going to try him at easy when i get to him again..

chat.png

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

Gag0.png[/hide]

Has anyone tried Zachory at easy or medium route? Perhaps he hits better there.

He still sucks at medium. Going to try him at easy when i get to him again..

I do the 2 hard characters and Zach on easy. I let Zach kill stuff on easy (he's level 78 atm) and I just rush as fast as I can with the 2 hard ones.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I like doing everything on hard for some reason, might start doing easy roads with zach only.

chat.png

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

Gag0.png[/hide]

The herb reward gives torstols pretty often. It'll make decent money.

I logged 19 herbs with red tickets, no torstol drops.

Zach's armour upgrade at level 79. He has a mage book in his left hand.

zachorybraggupgrade.png

The herb reward gives torstols pretty often. It'll make decent money.

I logged 19 herbs with red tickets, no torstol drops.

Zach's armour upgrade at level 79. He has a mage book in his left hand.

zachorybraggupgrade.png

Weird, I got them pretty often...

I got quite a few of them as well. got 30+ [38] banked.

Is Zach any stronger with his new outfit?

chat.png

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

Gag0.png[/hide]

Once he gets his armour at level 79, he does become more accurate with his magic spells. I'm still rushing smalls, fire blast isn't strong enough for the hard waves.

How does Smiddi Ryak level up? She doesn't seem willing to help me kill monsters lol

They do get xp to leveling without fighting; just not a lot.

And she doesn't fight at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was quite lucky with zach, i went on the hard route, zach could farcast the giant snails without getting hit, unfortunately for zach his mage isn't high enough to have high enough dps to outhit the natural healing of the giant snail, so i put on a show and let zach try and kill the giant snail. I had to make sure none of the other snails could get to him either. It's essentially the NPC version of casting air strike in full metal armour.... got zach from lvl 31- 56. I thought the fire blast was unlocked at 56...eurgh....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Why were the NPCs at the start of Temple Trekking replaced by a boring sign? They were my mates, will they ever return?

Mod Chris L: Myself and the GFX guys tried to make the signpost interface as interesting as possible! Im sorry to hear you'd befriended the wandering NPCs where the noticeboard now resides - they were removed as we felt they cluttered the area and, given some looked like players, it would have been annoying to sift through groups of players and wandering NPCs to find the one you want.

For what it's worth, Ivan from one of the myreque quests remains, so players doing that quest will still see him wandering before they trek on with him. :)

I just got the full constructor's outfit, which one is correct?

The Game Manual states it gives 2.4%

The noticeboard at Paterdomus/Burgh de Rott states it gives 2.5%

Mod Chris L: Apologies, the correct amount is:

Body +0.8%

Legs +0.6%

Hat +0.4%

Boots +0.2%

Gloves +0.2%

That adds up to 2.2%, however if you have the full set (2.2%), it gets overwritten to 2.5%

How has the Lumberjack drop system changed?

Mod Hulme: With the old system, you could end up having say 20 boots, 1 top and 14 chests which wasn't ideal as it'd take ages to get a full set. Now, you will get a full set before you start getting duplicates of each item.

Mod Chris L: Firstly, you need the Bridge event. Yes the events are random, however if you level an NPC enough that they visibly change (and start running too), you'll notice if you click on the paths in the "hub" (the place you pick where to go next) - the NPC will give you a very big hint as to what they can see... if they see a bridge you know where to go if you want Lumberjack.

This is the nastiest bit - On entering the event there is a 50:50 chance of getting a lumberjack spawn. If you pass that, you'll have 3 for sure, I can't say the drop rate, but given there are 3 you should see the drop - which will be a bit of Lumberjack you don't have. If you have all the lumberjack items it'll pick a random one though.

The event really isn't that rare and again, if you have an upgraded NPC, they can help identify what is ahead, so essentially you can check all 3 directions for the bridge.

Would you consider giving Smiddi Ryak and Rolayne Twickit a weapon? They are not very useful and take way too much time to train.

Mod Chris L: I'm happy to monitor how people find specific trekkers and levelling them up. The two you bring up here are specifically made to be the harder NPCs in that they cannot fight well/at all. As I've seen on various forums, people have discovered how best to help different NPCs to level quicker. These ones specifically can be levelled quicker by completely events and full treks (as they can't really gain combat XP quickly). Remember taking them down a hard event will get them more XP, however, it might take longer.

Again, it's also worth mentioning that when they critically upgrade (they start running/appearance changes), they'll be able to spot what is ahead - for NPCs like Royalne who upgrades quickly (level 20) you can use him in the hub area to spot what is ahead, and try to avoid combat ones to make the overall trek quicker.

Why are there now different types of Vyrewatch corpses?

Mod Chris L: The graphics guys made a few variations on the vyrewatch model and they found out they all dropped the same corpse that didnt look like the NPC that dropped it - they felt we needed different items to reflect these changes so they produced the models to match.

Are there plans for other minigames/dead content to be revamped in the future?

Mod Mark: Yes, especially with stand alone content like this! Were currently looking at things like Rogues Den, for example. A personal favourite game of mine is Trouble Brewing, I would love to rework that, but the problems relating to that game run far deeper than just gameplay and rewards.

I like XP boosting clothes, will we be seeing more of these in the future?

Mod Mark: Yes definitely, and sooner than you may think. ;)

Why didn't the Vyrewatch clothes receive a graphical update?

Mod Alex R: I know its a shame, but something new and improved could be just round the corner. Keep your eyes peeled for more vampires on the horizon.

Why are the grass tiles and stone tiles in Varrock contrasting against each other?

Mod Alex R: Varrock is a big place and there just wasnt time to update it all along with the free area improvement that saw all of the grass and trees being improved. Dont be upset though, we have our best architects looking at Varrock and it might not be a problem for too much longer.

[qfc]15-16-75-63115520[/qfc]

Well I miss the old interface of the "map" - where you could actually see your progress (and certain events only happen at certain positions). - Now I had 2 mor'tons in a row.

Also the new event where you have to extinguish a fire gets boring really fast.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Well now that we've all had enough time to fiddle around with this recent update let's look at the numbers for this "epic update":

Construction Clothes: A full set of construction clothing will save you roughly 2.4% which means that, considering the 12 million xp from levels 70 to 99, it will save you approximately 288k. How much time is THAT while powerlevelling at 600k per hour? 25 minutes? Hmmm - you're better off not bothering.

The new Ghast familiar well, not to be a party pooper, but it's going to be pretty much useless. Sure, the address prayer boost and prayer points are nice, but in the case of most PvM situations where one needs to pray, it's certainly going to be better to bring a unicorn or a BoB than a Ghast. Otherwise, you're sacrficing time camping for time banking.

Ok - visually speaking the upgrades are good. The F2P areas that have the "new" trees all look very nice. The atmospheric changes to Morytania are nice. The ghasts and Vyre look good.

On the whole, the entire upgrade has taken what was a totally useless activity and made it "mostly useless" which, I guess, means it's a improvement ...

... albeit not much of one ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Well now that we've all had enough time to fiddle around with this recent update let's look at the numbers for this "epic update":

Construction Clothes: A full set of construction clothing will save you roughly 2.4% which means that, considering the 12 million xp from levels 70 to 99, it will save you approximately 288k. How much time is THAT while powerlevelling at 600k per hour? 25 minutes? Hmmm - you're better off not bothering.

The new Ghast familiar well, not to be a party pooper, but it's going to be pretty much useless. Sure, the address prayer boost and prayer points are nice, but in the case of most PvM situations where one needs to pray, it's certainly going to be better to bring a unicorn or a BoB than a Ghast. Otherwise, you're sacrficing time camping for time banking.

Ok - visually speaking the upgrades are good. The F2P areas that have the "new" trees all look very nice. The atmospheric changes to Morytania are nice. The ghasts and Vyre look good.

On the whole, the entire upgrade has taken what was a totally useless activity and made it "mostly useless" which, I guess, means it's a improvement ...

You totally overlooked the applications of the unlimited druid pouch, the two new shortcuts and burgh de rott teleport.

Plus the valuable rewards at the end of each trek eg hard tokens given torstols a fair bit.

And its just downright boring so see yet more it's not game-breaking awesomely epic stuff that is the best ever therefore its useless drivel. We get it already you people aren't happy to just enjoy FUN stuff and have to nitpick holes in everything as they don't make giant bounds forward in the metagaming world of efficiency; we don;t need to spread you're apathy on to every single update thread.

The game is fun, the rewards are useful.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You totally overlooked the applications of the unlimited druid pouch, the two new shortcuts and burgh de rott teleport.

Plus the valuable rewards at the end of each trek eg hard tokens given torstols a fair bit.

And its just downright boring so see yet more it's not game-breaking awesomely epic stuff that is the best ever therefore its useless drivel. We get it already you people aren't happy to just enjoy FUN stuff and have to nitpick holes in everything as they don't make giant bounds forward in the metagaming world of efficiency; we don;t need to spread you're apathy on to every single update thread.

Uh -- sure -- the game is "fun". The rewards are useless. You can do better with your time to garner far better rewards and have more fun in other ways.

nyuseg.png

Uh -- sure -- the game is "fun". The rewards are useless. You can do better with your time to garner far better rewards and have more fun in other ways.

Explain to me: how can you "do better" if you have fun already?

The whole idea of "more fun" sounds like an addictive stance: "I must do X and gain Y so I can do Z for more fun" - not realising after Y there will be a bigger mountain to tackle. In a game like this you should always have fun at any point in time. And for me this is fun, as the game "updates" fast enough to never become repetitive, your friends level insanelly fast, there are lots of options + lots of different rewards, and much content to try.

It's not all about getting better, faster and more profitable: for me a good update would be something that provides similar things to already existing content, but in more varied ways. So runescape doesn't become a linear game where a well known path is the only acceptable route.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Explain to me: how can you "do better" if you have fun already?

I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you.

Let's take an example:

Say you're going to power-level construction, and you've decided that you want to obtain the specialized clothing for that whopping 2.4% boost in construction.

Now – let me ask you the following questions:

How much time would it take you, doing Temple Trekking, to obtain the specific items required to get the whole 2.4% boost?

Would it take more than the 20 minutes to obtain those items doing Temple Trekking, than it'll take you in just straight-forward power-levelling?

Would it cost you more than the materials required to obtain that final 288k xp than it would in food, potions and equipment to do that last 20 minute 288k rush during power-levelling?

Is there something else – some other activity, either in-game or IRL – that you'd RATHER be doing, that you'd enjoy doing more than Temple Trekking, than spending that additional time Temple Trekking to get those items that really serve no purpose whatsoever?

Would that "something else" be more "fun" than doing Temple Trekking?

Answering yes to ANY of the above questions, proves my point: the update is "mostly useless" ...

nyuseg.png