17-Aug-2011 - Temple Trekking: Revamped

Tim

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to post a good invo and set up please? I've never played Temple Trekking and wana give it a try getting lumberjack and construction outfit :P

Overall this has been the most impressive update this year methinks.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Didn't play much yesterday should max out the 2 harder ones today.. I barrage ghasts etc on hard routes.

smiddi.png

I won't be the first to finish it as I haven't really played yesterday but It'll be a good 5-6 hours maybe more until these are maxed since they don't fight.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Anyone able to post a good invo and set up please? I've never played Temple Trekking and wana give it a try getting lumberjack and construction outfit :P

just fight gear + (tinderbox), knife, silver weapon (or if finished all myreque quests, the ivandis flail) + hatchet

Tinderbox can be replaced with potatoes/strawberries/cabbages.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

just fight gear + (tinderbox), knife, silver weapon (or if finished all myreque quests, the ivandis flail) + hatchet

Tinderbox can be replaced with potatoes/strawberries/cabbages.

I take sacks of cabbages (10)

Didn't play much yesterday should max out the 2 harder ones today.. I barrage ghasts etc on hard routes.

smiddi.png

I won't be the first to finish it as I haven't really played yesterday but It'll be a good 5-6 hours maybe more until these are maxed since they don't fight.

Why barrage ghasts? They always seem to aggro on me, so I just rapier them?

Do the hard ones also start predicting paths at lvl 80? I guess you could then try to avoid the long combat events, and go for other stuff? Or don't they lvl from bridge events etc? Any idea what would be best for powerlvling the hard characters (assuming you can predict paths)

To the guy asking what to bring: Bring a yak with scrolls to bank talon beast charms etc. Also easy to store your sack of potatoes so they don't get rotten if you don't have a pouch (I haven't had one till I got the infinite one, cause my char uses their pouch on the ghast it's attacking, but the other ones still rot your food).

smiddi.png

Why barrage ghasts? They always seem to aggro on me, so I just rapier them?

Do the hard ones also start predicting paths at lvl 80? I guess you could then try to avoid the long combat events, and go for other stuff? Or don't they lvl from bridge events etc? Any idea what would be best for powerlvling the hard characters (assuming you can predict paths)

To the guy asking what to bring: Bring a yak with scrolls to bank talon beast charms etc. Also easy to store your sack of potatoes so they don't get rotten if you don't have a pouch (I haven't had one till I got the infinite one, cause my char uses their pouch on the ghast it's attacking, but the other ones still rot your food).

They start predicting at critical stage, smiddi is the slowest to predict I think she'll start to predict at 92 (i'd assume 92).

I'd say do the one for infinite pouch first, if you stand still on the ghasts they will come to you thats 5-6 139 ghasts you can barrage in 6 or so rounds I do it thought personal preference, I think puzzles to level your characters though ;)

They start predicting paths when they learn how to run, which is 20 for Rolayne and 92 for Smiddi. Despite what Mod Chris L says, I haven't noticed any difference in training one with only easy events, and the other with mostly medium/hard. Any event will give you xp though, although I'm not sure if it's the same for all of them.

Yeah from what I've heard/seen the "critical upgrade" that induces running and forward vision is

75 for Jayene and Pazuzu which is when they get dark bow and sol/fire wave

80 for Dean when he gets bandos and whip

79 for Zachory when he gets new robes and fire blast

20 for Rolayne when he learns to run

and 92 for smiddi when she gets heal other

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From my experience, the TYPE of events has a lot of influence on the xp gained - the campfire event seems to give a hellula lot xp, where the bridge doesnt'seem to give much?

The difficulty has less influence - I was however unable to test if the diffuclty has ANY influence at all (as the xp / type differs so widely, and you can't see the xp directly during a trek).

smiddi's at 40 now for me annoyingly slow to lvl.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

For the person person who asked earlier, the ghast seems to give somewhere around .125 prayer xp per damage, but I suck at calculating it so it might be off by a bit.

It doesn't have any interact options when summoned either, just the examine. I think that's a first.

Not to mention it is 50k for each pouch and 15 scrolls.

For 150 prayer pts it's a real waste, looks cool would have been better as a pet.

Completely agree. It does look awesome but no real benefits at this time. Does have a 60 minute time though and gives 1/8 prayer exp. Still though, I am not seeing a real need anywhere.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

For 150 prayer pts it's a real waste, looks cool would have been better as a pet.

Completely agree. It does look awesome but no real benefits at this time. Does have a 60 minute time though and gives 1/8 prayer exp. Still though, I am not seeing a real need anywhere.

Can you post a picture? I haven't seen one yet... Unless it just looks like the other updated ghasts, lol. EDIT Saw it thanks to pics forum... The same, but that's a good thing!

And can you scroll the pouches?

And thank you @ above/last page, I hadn't even considered that you can use food other than the snails at the event. I usually ended up letting at least one ghast hatch because I got caught on something trying to get the food or administer it... <_<

2dgucz6.png

Can you post a picture? I haven't seen one yet... Unless it just looks like the other updated ghasts, lol. EDIT Saw it thanks to pics forum... The same, but that's a good thing!

And can you scroll the pouches?

And thank you @ above/last page, I hadn't even considered that you can use food other than the snails at the event. I usually ended up letting at least one ghast hatch because I got caught on something trying to get the food or administer it... <_<

I take along sacks of cabbages on my trips. That way, I can feed them and move on quickly.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

By that reasoning, you'd be better off achieving things in real life.

I play any game for achievements. Without gamerscore or trophies I wouldn't find as much enjoyment from completing console games. In real life I've set goals as well such as graduating college and finding a job I love. That is just the way I look at efficiency personally. If I cannot reach an achievement efficiently it isn't worth it to me.

Low_C.png

By that reasoning, you'd be better off achieving things in real life.

I play any game for achievements. Without gamerscore or trophies I wouldn't find as much enjoyment from completing console games. In real life I've set goals as well such as graduating college and finding a job I love. That is just the way I look at efficiency personally. If I cannot reach an achievement efficiently it isn't worth it to me.

Isn't it one of the achievements needed for the trimmed completionist cape? Wouldn't that meet your need for 'achievement'?

And if not, how do you adapt your playing style to MMORPGs? They're not like console games in that sense.

hzvjpwS.gif

Just got Smiddi to level 99. The Heal unlock is pretty nice.

Contrary to what several sources would say, her 99 unlock is NOT for her.

It actually buffs the lunar heal other spell we can use. Smiddi herself does not take damage when casting heal other, at least if she does no damage splat appears and she seems able to cast it multiple times and never eat.

I didn't test it extensively but I was able to take both of us from each being around 160hp to him fully healed with 990 hp and I had 224 hp in a minute or two.

For the test I was the only one with the upgrade.

200000000.png

This is the first genuinely enjoyable update that Jagex has done recently, I think.

I've always been a fan of Temple Trekking, and this update just renewed my love for it. I stopped trekking after getting the Constructor's Outfit, but I'll definitely be heading back to get all the followers to level 99. (The Constructor's Outfit looks awesome too, which is a plus).

I'm a bit disappointed that the Ghast familiar is so useless, but there's still plenty of worthwhile additions/improvements to the minigame, which is more than what can be said for a lot of other content in Scape.

(Instead of Clan Citadels, they really should have hyped this update - It actually has playable content!)

1zyvxis.png

RS Name: Goatmeal

Combat: 136 | Skill Total: 2250+ | RuneVillage

Whoa, new ghasts look evil. Evil-er, anyway. Well, judging by the pictures of before and after.

Really gotta do Nature Spirit after levelling up.

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.