17-Aug-2011 - Temple Trekking: Revamped

Tim

Just a note, for the Crew as well as anyone else, that the Legend of Seergaze quest uses the newly revamped version of the Temple Trekking minigame rather than the old version, though the 'Mercenary Warrior' starts at Lv. 1 and does not level up like the other characters.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be most efficient to ignore leveling all of these skills which effectively give you nothing of use in the game at the higher levels? Why don't I just not level construction at all? I've suddenly saved millions and weeks!

8f14270694.jpg

Wouldn't it be most efficient to ignore leveling all of these skills which effectively give you nothing of use in the game at the higher levels? Why don't I just not level construction at all? I've suddenly saved millions and weeks!

With an attitude like that you'll never be allowed in the cool-guys efficiency club!

(Sorry, couldn't restrain myself from posting that. :razz: )

Excuse me?

We are both playing the same game, we are on a fansite of that game but we can't speak up loud we enjoy playing the game? That is sad to me...

You can speak up loud anything you want, on a fansite or not. But anything said in public is subject to public scrutiny.

But saying that you can't enjoy anything else in life more than a minigame in an online game indeed saddens me. There's enjoying a game, and then there's living for a game.

crossed_body.png

Drugs can mess around with the chemicals in your brain, thus inducing happiness. Therefore, Drugs > RS.

Sorry, I can't resist pulling that [cabbage] whenever a fun argument starts.

Oh, and due to the subjective nature of fun I demand we cease all "fun" arguments on tipit until such a time occurs that we have brains scanners that will allow us to accurately measure the amount of "fun" that a person is having on RuneScape. That is all.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Excuse me?

We are both playing the same game, we are on a fansite of that game but we can't speak up loud we enjoy playing the game? That is sad to me...

You can speak up loud anything you want, on a fansite or not. But anything said in public is subject to public scrutiny.

But saying that you can't enjoy anything else in life more than a minigame in an online game indeed saddens me. There's enjoying a game, and then there's living for a game.

If you wish to play a game, using it to have fun, is it not logical to do the thing which you find fun while doing so?

I actually see no problem with somebody having nothing more fun to do than a mini-game. At points in my life there was nothing more fun than a game of castle wars. To each his own, if you have fun you have fun. Who are you to judge?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It's no slippery slope. You specifically stated, that between everything in runescape and in real life, the most fun you could possible have would be playing temple trekking. That was pretty explicitly stated, I made no assumptions of a slippery slope.

"Is there something else – some other activity, either in-game or IRL – that you'd RATHER be doing, that you'd enjoy doing more than Temple Trekking, than spending that additional time Temple Trekking to get those items that really serve no purpose whatsoever?"

I have the weird habit to enjoy playing online games. (Since this is a weird stance, apparently I stand alone in this and all the other online players are masochists.)

The question asked what activity I would enjoy more than Temple Trekking. When I was done with work at that evening, made dinner, turned on the computer, saw the update.

There was nothing I rather did than play before mentioned update, even 6 hours if I had the time.

You've made me see the light btw. Going to see a psychiatrist now. :wink:

I actually see no problem with somebody having nothing more fun to do than a mini-game. At points in my life there was nothing more fun than a game of castle wars. To each his own, if you have fun you have fun. Who are you to judge?

I don't understand the fuss tbh. We all play the same game, if we had something better to do each and every moment than play that particular game. Wouldn't we all be retired players? :-?

That is your opinion. You have yours, I have mine. Much like you, I have the right to share my opinion.

And I daresay, if you do not want to others to share their beliefs about your opinion, do not publicly express controversial opinions, especially in a public comunity that is known to have plenty of members with dissenting views (as is common in many communities).

crossed_body.png

That is your opinion. You have yours, I have mine. Much like you, I have the right to share my opinion.

And I daresay, if you do not want to others to share their beliefs about your opinion, do not publicly express controversial opinions, especially in a public comunity that is known to have plenty of members with dissenting views (as is common in many communities).

So every time you logon, you have more exciting/funner stuff to do than logon. Why do you even play RS then?

Edit: Never mind, not going to be sucked into this any further. I have more exciting stuff to do than continue an endless discussion. :razz:

(I even rather play a minigame tbh. :lol: )

You win and your e-peen will enlarge accordingly. :wink:

So every time you logon, you have more exciting/funner stuff to do than logon. Why do you even play RS then?

There is a time for everything, and there are times when the only thing available is runescape. Fortunately, I've been occupied with more interesting things, so I haven't played much in quite some months.

I misinterpreted your post, which lead me to believe the most fun you could possibly have at any given time was temple trekking.

crossed_body.png

I am actually enjoying this update so far because of how it's revitalized the mini-game. It used to feel like a total chore and not worth doing, despite the potential for nice rewards. Now that we can actually chose what type of reward we want, and level up the NPCs accordingly, it's quite exciting to see character development from a third person view and reaping rewards from it. ^_^ The Burgh de Rott teleport, Canifis to Morton shortcut, and Ouroboros pouch are definitely things that I think are worth at least trying the activity out. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but to each their own. =) I could use a distraction from normal skilling anyway on RuneScape.

Let's not drag what people do in real life for fun, okay, and keep it on the RuneScape level. Thanks guys.

I don't see the point in this update from my stance considering i play for achievements. Both clothing rewards are a waste and I could have "fun" playing other games than i would playing a minigame to save 20-30 minutes on a skill I could have just enjoyed maxing in the first place. However, it was produced by Mod Chris L so i assume it's very good content and if i was level 50 construction and woodcutting I might actually agree with you fun freaks. :-)

Low_C.png

So this means I might finally have a chance at getting a lumberjack top to complement my 21 pairs of boots, 22 hats, and 17 pairs of pants?

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

The next item you will get is going to be Lumberjack top.

Whenever you get the bridge event, there will be a 50/50 chance that Lumberjack Zombies will spawn. If they do spawn, only 3 spawn now, and their drop rate is fairly high. It shouldn't take you long at all to get your top. Mod Chris made sure that it won't give you duplicates until you have the whole set.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The next item you will get is going to be Lumberjack top.

Whenever you get the bridge event, there will be a 50/50 chance that Lumberjack Zombies will spawn. If they do spawn, only 3 spawn now, and their drop rate is fairly high. It shouldn't take you long at all to get your top. Mod Chris made sure that it won't give you duplicates until you have the whole set.

I'd debate how rare the drops are; I had two lumberjack items banked for years I now have three (note ITEMS not SETS); I have got Pazuzu, Dean, Jayene to 99, Zachory to 81 and Rmiddi to 25ish.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Unlocked my Burgh de Rott teleport. :thumbup: Not sure if I'm going to go for the Ghast familiar, considering how slow the 2 hard guys level. I have the easy and medium diffuculty npcs 99'ed alread.

Same here, I think I'll just wait until if someone finds a good use for ghasts, and/or an easy way to train those hard followbies.

We were actually chatting a bit about this in my clan last night we came up with a few likely good uses:

1) If you aren't not a major efficiency buff you could swap out the usual combat familar on a task to gain prayer xp (kinda depends what the xp is like thou)

Then these 2 kinda need soulsplit to be ideal

2) Questing - couple of invent spots for like infinite prayer and healing (with ss)

3) Camping - There must be some monsters that could be good to camp for xp with no worthwhile drops other than charms and alchables with all summon pots and a pile of scrolls you'd have loooooaaaaaaaaddddds of prayer restore and thus loads of soulsplit to stay alive.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't see it beating a bob full of ppots.

And about quests that require prayer, mep2 is the only one that requires you to pray a lot, but you don't need to fight anything so you can go all out with prayer bonus. You only need a few ppots there.

Can't you simply camp with that familair? - To get pray XP on an AFK manner.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Need to prayer is subjective to stats when questing and there's infinite possibilities of need to prayer in future quests.

And as for beating bob full of ppots thats easy, same way a unicorn can beat food.

It only uses part of the special bar to cast the scroll and a small amount of summon pot to restore the special bar (assuming if doesn't restore of its own accord in the time lapse)

So with fewer pots you get more restoration; heck with my camping suggestion unless the monster really pounds on you ALOT you can probably 75% rely on natural restoration of the special bar which would even further make it more restoring for less pots

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Need to prayer is subjective to stats when questing and there's infinite possibilities of need to prayer in future quests.

But there aren't any so IDK what discussion value this has. At any rate, half an invent of ppots will suffice.

And as for beating bob full of ppots thats easy, same way a unicorn can beat food.

It only uses part of the special bar to cast the scroll and a small amount of summon pot to restore the special bar (assuming if doesn't restore of its own accord in the time lapse)

So with fewer pots you get more restoration; heck with my camping suggestion unless the monster really pounds on you ALOT you can probably 75% rely on natural restoration of the special bar which would even further make it more restoring for less pots

But a ppot restores a LOT more prayer points than a brew or a shark does, and an unicorn restores a lot more hitpoints than this ghast familiar (does anyone actually have one already?) will likely do.

Prayer pots most likely restore more prayer than summon pots, so restoring the bar with summon pots is useless.

Assuming it gives 40 pray/2 minutes, that's 20 pp/mins.

A war tort full of ppots carries 4x30x18 = 2160 ppoints. So you have to keep using the ghast for over two hours. With a pack yak (which is likely preferred over ghast becaus e of it's banking ability) it's 3 hours.

I can't recall any boss where you can last that long without a healing familiar/food in familiar..

Point being, food is often more important than brews.

I never said bosses so you're counter to my suggestion of use is flawed in that respect; it's obvious ghast isn't remotely useful for bosses.

I said for camping a monster for training purposes with no significant drops.

Also ghast and uni do equal job.

uni does 10% lp so max of 99 Ghast does 10 prayer points

In both cases 10 scrolls = full restoration.

So in the situation I suggested of a monster with no substantial drops that don't alch or stack but is nice xp rate it would easily win out in use with soulsplit to heal as needed.

Summon pot restores 15 points to the bar.

Natural recharge is 15 points every 30 seconds.

So as long as you are not taking heavy damage and thus don't permanently have prayer on ghast can win out fairly easily, as special restore rate would outmatch the need to use scrolls and you'd only need summon pots for the odd emergency.

As long as you only need to flick soulsplit on briefly to heal once every 30 seconds max then you can easily use scrolls pot free.

If you need it on a bit longer you have about ~1.5 minutes between uses using no pots.

So with the right monster you could easily camp for several days, the only limiter being when you run out of pouches to renew with/re-summon assuming you allow it to lapse when un-needed.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this is some sweeping familiar with a mass of uses and there are a lot of situations it is of course no use; and using most efficient training methods it'll be of no use. I am simply suggesting one very specific arrangement in which it would be very useful; in the same way other items and objects in game have 1 or 2 very specific areas n which they are useful.

Plv6Dz6.jpg