Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this was coming the moment I've read his thread. *sighs*

There must be an unwritten rule where moderators MUST be at Jagex's side during a conflict between Jagex and players.

Everybody loves unwritten rules :rolleyes: especially because they can be made up on the spot.

A moderator is still a player, and a player can still have his opinion.

crossed_body.png

Another fmod, ken genosis, demodded today for speaking out against jagex. Will update with more details as I find them.

Update: looks like they've unhidden the thread for now but the mod color is gone...

[qfc]16-17-712-63379987[/qfc]

I like how all german fmods spoke against this hiscore bullshit and they are still green. The english mod team seems weird.

[404] Signature not found.

One PR disaster after another. Yet another Jiblix.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Another fmod, ken genosis, demodded today for speaking out against jagex. Will update with more details as I find them.

Update: looks like they've unhidden the thread for now but the mod color is gone...

[qfc]16-17-712-63379987[/qfc]

I like how all german fmods spoke against this hiscore bullshit and they are still green. The english mod team seems weird.

I pray for the safety of those german mods lol. Really I do.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I read his post last night and essentially agree with what he said. He said what he felt needed to be said. I am sure that he knew what the consequences would be, yet it would seem that bringing attention to this issue was a higher priority.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

In Soviet RuneScape, forum moderates you. :lol:

It's a shame to see that they're dismissing moderators simply for speaking their mind.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's a shame to see that they're dismissing moderators simply for speaking their mind.

It's a reason that I left the teams. The atmosphere is that you represent Jagex, so you can't speak out against them in public. It's mind-boggling how they think they can preserve something when they attack their largest supporter base.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

In Soviet Russia, Runescapes rapes the spirit of Jagex. :thumbup:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

...I honestly believed that after jiblix and the bot bust this thread would die and find peace. Too bad, jagex has done it again.

Why jagex why?

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

...I honestly believed that after jiblix and the bot bust this thread would die and find peace. Too bad, jagex has done it again.

Why jagex why?

Sometimes I think they're just trying to see how much they can get away with. :blink:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Why jagex why?

AAnd then you go and post more?

Goodness.

Serious question though, why does anyone care?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

This point has been done to death, so before we have the same argument back and forth for 10 pages, how much we just cut to the point and erryone say "[bleep] jagex" and threaten to quit etc.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

O I have not threatened to quit. I did. Jiblix was my big trigger. It is also what turned me from a jagex fanboy to a whistle blower.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

This point has been done to death, so before we have the same argument back and forth for 10 pages, how much we just cut to the point and erryone say "[bleep] jagex" and threaten to quit etc.

Quit members instead. Stop giving them money and play the free game. :thumbsup:

Quit members instead. Stop giving them money and play the free game. :thumbsup:

I did say threaten for a reason.

O I have not threatened to quit. I did. Jiblix was my big trigger. It is also what turned me from a jagex fanboy to a whistle blower.

So now you just lurk around waiting for Jagex to do something then BOOM. I fail to see the point in that, but that's me.

Mmm.. That's what a whistle blowe does.

Ppl like jib and ken were probably the most dedicated and loyal ppl to jagex. Ken had almost 8k posts and probably volunteered huge amount of times modding for jagex. They loved runescape and wanted the game to succeed like so many of us. And this is how jagex repays them? And you don't care? Where's your morality man?

@deathknell...lolz man. I'm sure you can sweet talk an admin into resetting your pass for you.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Anyone remember back when Andrew actually threatened to sue Tip.It for calling Jagex out on banning innocent players?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

A second round of crackdown just happened.

All threads on rsof discussing ken genossis has been hidden, including my own. Soviet jagex at work, everyday.

This is when I appreciate the freedom of speech we have here at tif.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

A second round of crackdown just happened.

All threads on rsof discussing ken genossis has been hidden, including my own. Soviet jagex at work, everyday.

This is when I appreciate the freedom of speech we have here at tif.

lol if you actually think you have 'freedom of speech' here. though it's more free than rsof, yeah.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Anyone remember back when Jagex actually threatened to sue Tip.It for calling them out on banning innocent players?

That wasn't because someone had spoken out against Jagex, people do that here all the time, it was because the person who did it made libelous claims against Jagex that had no basis in fact. Also, didn't they threaten just that person and not Tip.It as a whole?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Really, really disappointing :wall: :wall:

1) So they get rid of the point of Tip so that they use the main site instead.

2) They control what people can say on their site.

3) ???

4) Profit?