Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

I was doing the fight arena quest and I found somethings you people should look at.

[hide=click here to see the picture]07may05064907oy0.png[/hide]

its the kandarin symbol and the strange swirly markings.

[hide=other picture]07may05063803bq7.png[/hide]

another swirly symbol and the sky is red(I made it that way)

[hide=and Another picture]07may05063835yx0.png[/hide]

The swirly thingy and the tapestry are right next to eachother could it mean something?

[hide=OMG?!?!]07may05064150wv4.png[/hide]

look familiar? :shock:

[hide=MORE OMG!]07may05064328gv0.png[/hide] prettymuch same as last time.

backword821.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked Pirate's Cove since Wenlok wouldn't stop bugging me about it.

Anyway, nothing special really, hanging skeletons, a windswept tree some flags with nothing special. There was 3 named pirates: names are Palmer, Wilson and Jake. Maybe someone can get something from them?

hmmm... you looked at the north side right, I'll go there when I have time too. Also, why would General Khazard have stuff belonging to various places that we have connected to Varrock and its King? Could it be spoils, from across the continent? Man, I'm starting to think that Jagex is slowly but surely putting something together, a quest to end all quests, and it might be the 200th quest.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

hmmm... you looked at the north side right, I'll go there when I have time too. Also, why would General Khazard have stuff belonging to various places that we have connected to Varrock and its King? Could it be spoils, from across the continent? Man, I'm starting to think that Jagex is slowly but surely putting something together, a quest to end all quests, and it might be the 200th quest.

i doubt it will be a quest to end all quests rather than a insight into the wom;s thoughts,plans untold pass(would be better imo)

tifsdac6mc.gif

Well, I mean it in the fact that it will be awesome! OOH! I bet it will inviolve some npcs from what Lies below quest! Anyway, I'm going to check some stuff out there, see ya later!

i only read up to page 8, and i it may have been brought up in the other 63 pages, but the line from the WOM's house to Draynor Manor, which has been brought up, is also perpendicular to the strange stone near Falador, the ones inside of a fence, and right from draynor Manor, too, not justa random point on the line. May be the site at which the WOM plans to raise Zaros? Also, WOM may have been using sara armor to make people think he was a Sara follower? probably already mentioned, I don't know, maybe it helps...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Beat me to it! The secrets to penguins, and possibly the Wise Old Man, are now mere inches away. Oh, and I notice they mention Lunar Sea. I presume that is where Lunar Isle is located. And isn't there a type of magic called 'Lunar Magic?' Hmmm, maybe we don't know all Lunar Spells- maybe one of them is a summoning spell? Maybe the Wise Old Man is ordering the penguins to search Lunar Isle and find the secrets of this summoning spell? :-k

or, it could mention Lunar isle because it is very far North, and the Penguins are even further north..... justa thought, don;t mean to be bashing your theories.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Beat me to it! The secrets to penguins, and possibly the Wise Old Man, are now mere inches away. Oh, and I notice they mention Lunar Sea. I presume that is where Lunar Isle is located. And isn't there a type of magic called 'Lunar Magic?' Hmmm, maybe we don't know all Lunar Spells- maybe one of them is a summoning spell? Maybe the Wise Old Man is ordering the penguins to search Lunar Isle and find the secrets of this summoning spell? :-k

or, it could mention Lunar isle because it is very far North, and the Penguins are even further north..... justa thought, don;t mean to be bashing your theories.

The penguins huh :-k

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I was doing the fight arena quest and I found somethings you people should look at.

[hide=click here to see the picture]07may05064907oy0.png[/hide]

its the kandarin symbol and the strange swirly markings.

[hide=other picture]07may05063803bq7.png[/hide]

another swirly symbol and the sky is red(I made it that way)

[hide=and Another picture]07may05063835yx0.png[/hide]

The swirly thingy and the tapestry are right next to eachother could it mean something?

[hide=OMG?!?!]07may05064150wv4.png[/hide]

look familiar? :shock:

[hide=MORE OMG!]07may05064328gv0.png[/hide] prettymuch same as last time.

sure those pictures have alot incommon but they dont really have anything to do with eachother, maybe the points somehow intersect or sumthing... omfg wow i just died... :shock: i just lost like 300k lol i h8 randoms! ... well back to what i was saying um i mite look into drawing up the points on a map unless maybe u want to lol and also plz tell me where these places are well im off to buy sume armor lol :(

Barrows Drops:Karil's Top, Ahrims Quaterstaff, Torags Legs

newbankofrsyq0.gif

egg1.PNG

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4568586#4568586

trainercard.png

I meant that maybe the histories will be updated...tomorrow...

OK, I've been letting this slide for a while now, but it's been getting really out of hand, I'm guessing because of what somebody said earlier, people see this and say "Wow liek 1400 repliez I must replie 2 lol." So please denizens, discuss the relevant theories at hand, or make some well-thought-out theories of your own.

It's been awhile since I've seen Wenlok on here...unless he's just lurking.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

It took me about 10 hours to read all of this :oops:

Very good job everyone! I hope ya'll figure it out =D>

_.:Lara's BL0g:._ <= Quests, Farming & Herblore => <3 <3

98 Woodcutting | 82 Cooking | 71 Attack | 67 Magic | 70 Firemaking | 66 Fletching | QP=206 | Total 1428! =D

cosmiccompanywcshopaq9.png <--- Click for the link

It took me about 10 hours to read all of this :oops:

Very good job everyone! I hope ya'll figure it out =D>

I'm seriously amazed that someone posted something else than a flame or lame theory or something we know.

Sorry KC, I've been plotting how to mass murder every person who comes to this thread and doesn't bother to read all of it. :P Meh, I do end up lurking- I prefer for a brainstorm to happen then leap on it, as such. :lol:

Anyway, I'm curious about the new colours of both of the Kalphite Queen's forms- green for ground form and reddish-orange for the flying form. Whilst I know she doesn't use prayer, it's a bit odd all the same for Jagex to implement that. Bugs are usually portrayed as black, however I think they used black for her because it symbolizes death. Why change to red and green? Why not grey or something? Interesting as the WOM does indeed mention her.

And if this history update doesn't come by Saturday, I'll really be mad at Jagex. I want a good read, and am anxious to return to the WOMDA meetings.

I'm seriously amazed that someone posted something else than a flame or lame theory or something we know.

It's called the apocalypse, Trobi. :mrgreen:

Just pointin out

with the new diary thing it says you find out new info an history.

When they bring this out for draynor an stuff it might help.

:thumbsup: Good look!! :thumbsup:

ciaranm_94.png

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Sorry I dissapered. I read teh last 3 pages (but to save time i didnt go slow enough to understand). I'm in the hospital, have been for more than a week, but nothing to serious.

If I understand right there is now a lvl 2 man in Mortania, and someone belives to WOM sent him.

Someone posted alot of stuff we have seen before, and alot of people seem to have joined the thred, though we seem to be lacking content.

And am I also to understand that the history update was delayed, and TB@JT have said they will do the update this month? (I cant access the homepage from here because of the censor, but I can still get into the worlds :mrgreen: )

So if anyone wants to clear that up for me, I should be back in a few hours, and be on again tomarow.

Once im out of the hospital i'll see about doing the investigation of draynor and the surrounding area, i'll have plenty of free time.

Keep up the good work, those of you who contribute, and to those that don't...stop posting.

That is all for now.

This thred wasent fetured as hot topic was it? (cant access the tip.it main site either), because that would be a sad day for this thred....

hmmm, different filter, canty get on the rs servers :x

Hey guys, no real purpose to the post, but I have so far found no historical/intellectual/interesting benefit to our investigation so far from doing the achievement diary, I don't believe we have anything here... Guess we have to wait for varrock...

Just to let you know. :)

Sorry KC, I've been plotting how to mass murder every person who comes to this thread and doesn't bother to read all of it. :P Meh, I do end up lurking- I prefer for a brainstorm to happen then leap on it, as such. :lol:

Anyway, I'm curious about the new colours of both of the Kalphite Queen's forms- green for ground form and reddish-orange for the flying form. Whilst I know she doesn't use prayer, it's a bit odd all the same for Jagex to implement that. Bugs are usually portrayed as black, however I think they used black for her because it symbolizes death. Why change to red and green? Why not grey or something? Interesting as the WOM does indeed mention her.

And if this history update doesn't come by Saturday, I'll really be mad at Jagex. I want a good read, and am anxious to return to the WOMDA meetings.

It's called the apocalypse, Trobi. :mrgreen:

Wenlok, I still am not a native speaker of English, so if I forget one word, you really can't think you're better than me. (too lazy to cut out the not-important parts of the quote.)

I will assume that no one has any new ideas about the standing stones north of falador.

I can't rember if this was ever put forward but they could be ancient desings for the runes. For example the waves would most likely be earth.

The swirl I would guess is water, and the sun might be fire (is the sun not sometimes called a great big fireball in the sky?). And I have forgeten what the fourth symbol is, maby someone would remind me...

This might (proboly) means nothing and goes noware. Even if im right that assignes no special meaning to the stones (unless I am veary mistaken and magic was disscovered at the standing stones, but I belive that place is much farther north). But, there really havent been any new therories latly and you people all need something to think about. Does the Library of Varrock give any clue to the exact location of the disscovery of magic, or where runes were origanaly created (because they were not origanaly nessasary), I rember it saying they went up north and discovered it, nothing more.

Also, I might have suggested this before, but if I've forgoten you guys have too (I hope). What if the WOM is trying to disscover how magic was done before the creation of runes, because runes were discovered after magic (dont believ me, read the article about it in the library of varrock on the runescape home site). Afteral, it is still a real possiblility that one of the WOMs motives for doing all this stuff is that his supply of runes is running out. Also we have all seen that many npc's can do magic without runes (like the spell to teleport to the rune essence mine).

I'll be back again tomarrow to post again. Maby my questions will be answered....

I think it said that the place where runes were discovered was someplace very far north, and cold. But you're right, magic was around before runes were able to be created. It must be a very, very ancient form of magic that WOM may be trying to uncover. And by very, very ancient I mean First God Wars ancient, which was really powerful.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

co15qd.jpg

hope this helps

i wander if anyone said this before but i think there is a grave right on that spot mabye that the grave of zaro and he is planning to revive him (like said before) im just try to add another piece to the puzzle

EDIT: just remembered in swan song quest he ran out of runes on me when fighting and before that he said he needed more runes if someone didnt bring this up but i bet someone did

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig