06-Sep-11 - New High Level Prayer Potion

DarkDude

You guys realize they changed the Prayer points system too right? That along with the potion?

Right?

Didn't you get the memo?

No matter how much back end tech work involved in something the absolutely only thing you can evaluate an update by for size is new items, skills and quests.

This adds to the prior memo that states because you are not low levelled anything that does not create a new best also does not count as a proper update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a small update, but it's got potential to allow some great prayer armor. Imagine a full set of level 50 prayer armor that allows a max passive prayer points of +100 (equivalent of +10 prayer) while a full set of level 80 (80 def, 80 prayer to wear) would allow max passive of +400 prayer points on top of standard prayer bonuses. While they're at it, it'd be nice if they create a prayer book for skills. In addition create instant action prayers that consume a set amount of points per activation.

Anyway, yes, they might as well change summoning and run energy to x10 since that's the logical path for the main screen HUD.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

It may be a small update, but it's got potential to allow some great prayer armor. Imagine a full set of level 50 prayer armor that allows a max passive prayer points of +100 (equivalent of +10 prayer) while a full set of level 80 (80 def, 80 prayer to wear) would allow max passive of +400 prayer points on top of standard prayer bonuses. While they're at it, it'd be nice if they create a prayer book for skills. In addition create instant action prayers that consume a set amount of points per activation.

Anyway, yes, they might as well change summoning and run energy to x10 since that's the logical path for the main screen HUD.

Summoning and run energy are barely used.

Jagex said they changed prayer so they can release new content and people aren't okay with that?

TBH, those who expect amazing updates are expecting too much.

The current state of affairs isn't horrible, and there are a few small things that need tweaking.

Changing the game too much would be unsustainable and would end up changing it far too much.

It looks like Jagex has been making a lot of effort into making the game a lot more exciting.

The minigames are giving out hybrid armor, temple trekking became a lot more doable, and quests are spitting out nicer rewards (No more running around for an hour for a measly 5k exp or something)

capt%20kevin.png

-coughelephantintheroombotscough-

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

TBH, I've just been working around that issue.

It seems that there's not much use in hoping for bots being banned.

Yeah, it sucks that some of the best things in the game (black demons for slayer/frosts for money/etc) are so worthless now.

What other option do we have? Other then to move forward and use them to your own advantages

capt%20kevin.png

TBH, I've just been working around that issue.

It seems that there's not much use in hoping for bots being banned.

Yeah, it sucks that some of the best things in the game (black demons for slayer/frosts for money/etc) are so worthless now.

What other option do we have? Other then to move forward and use them to your own advantages

-inb4bannedforsupporting/usingbots-

lol

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

works in dung like ovls thats about only use

Duoing TDs, I have no need for prayer potions now, thank you. Most of our time is spent waiting for it to spawn (Since they die before their first switch), so now I can bring like 10 overloads and 10 prayer renewals.

LOVE THEM!!!

Edit: Which, in turn, leads to more of these (Just got). :P.

[hide]clawss.png[/hide]

09144a99bb.png

Summoning and run energy are barely used.

What? Run energy is used pretty much anytime you are going anywhere in the game. It's also used A LOT when runecrafting and training agility. Those are just two examples, run energy is pretty important in my opinion. As for summoning, I don't know about you but I use summoning every single day. It can be quite useful for just about anything that you're doing. I'm not quite sure I understand you saying that either of them are barely used.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Why should each week be some large update?

Honestly, I contend that if Jagex could do several small updates well, it would be better than some large Diversion/Distraction that people play once or twice and never use again.

Not every update needs to make monumental change to the game, they come out weekly.

Side Note: so when are Summoning points going to go the way of HP and Prayer?

They added one new potion as a week's worth of updates. ONE.

Might as well just have added it as a "In other news" update together with something else.

The potion is great, but it shouldn't fill one week's worth of updates.

Runescape is still one of the online MMORPG games which gets updated the most often. Perhaps we should be happy that we get an update overall?

Try to be more positive guys.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I wouldn't mind seeing the same system put into Summoning. Don't think it'd be necessary for energy though.

I'm happy for updates, big or small. I don't want something as massive as WoW's Cataclysm every week. :P

I wouldn't mind seeing the same system put into Summoning. Don't think it'd be necessary for energy though.

I'm happy for updates, big or small. I don't want something as massive as WoW's Cataclysm every week. :P

Neither do I, but I still think adding one potion and saying "have fun with that", then also having a no update week later that month is kind of like having 2 no update weeks.

Duoing TDs, I have no need for prayer potions now, thank you. Most of our time is spent waiting for it to spawn (Since they die before their first switch), so now I can bring like 10 overloads and 10 prayer renewals.

LOVE THEM!!!

[hide]clawss.png[/hide]

How exactly can you kill it before it switches prayer? I've read that on several topics already, but I don't know how you do that. :s

LOVE THEM!!!

[hide]clawss.png[/hide]

How exactly can you kill it before it switches prayer? I've read that on several topics already, but I don't know how you do that. :s

Needs more dakka.

Usually involves Dharoks.

td2sig.jpg

Why should each week be some large update?

Honestly, I contend that if Jagex could do several small updates well, it would be better than some large Diversion/Distraction that people play once or twice and never use again.

Not every update needs to make monumental change to the game, they come out weekly.

Side Note: so when are Summoning points going to go the way of HP and Prayer?

They added one new potion as a week's worth of updates. ONE.

Might as well just have added it as a "In other news" update together with something else.

The potion is great, but it shouldn't fill one week's worth of updates.

Runescape is still one of the online MMORPG games which gets updated the most often. Perhaps we should be happy that we get an update overall?

Try to be more positive guys.

Updating most often=most updates in total, or update weight. LoL has a new champion almost every week (thats a MOBA though). WoW has massive patches, but further apart. I prefer WoWs method TBH.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

LOVE THEM!!!

[hide]clawss.png[/hide]

Needs more dakka.

Usually involves Dharoks.

Yes, we use Dharoks which hits a constant 900 or 1000+. However, I meant before they switch their attack styles from magic. :P.

Another good method is perm-stick them onto melee prayer (Not sure if that'd be considered a glitch), force them onto melee attack, and cannon/barrage the fack outta them. :). God I've lived down there too long... Forget what the RS surface looks like aside from the duel arena. >.<

09144a99bb.png